Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still in the dark waiting for an update on my firmware hold. Went to the SC yesterday and saw other owners taking delivery of their LR's marked w/ a post-it on the screen showing the firmware download date (11/20). Couldn't find my VIN and the staff seemed uninterested in trying to give me an update on my vehicle. Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to take delivery before my road trip on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Still in the dark waiting for an update on my firmware hold. Went to the SC yesterday and saw other owner taking delivery of their LR's marked w/ a post-it on the screen showing the firmware download date (11/20). Couldn't find my VIN and the staff seemed uninterested in trying to give me an update on my vehicle. Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to take delivery before my road trip on Wednesday.
Call Tesla factory at 888-518-3752. They told me where my Tesla was (on a rail road car) and when it should finish the final truck delivery leg to my delivery location. The hours are 9:00am to 7:00pm EST

Still in the dark waiting for an update on my firmware hold. Went to the SC yesterday and saw other owner taking delivery of their LR's marked w/ a post-it on the screen showing the firmware download date (11/20). Couldn't find my VIN and the staff seemed uninterested in trying to give me an update on my vehicle. Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to take delivery before my road trip on Wednesday.
In my convo with them, they mentioned that if OTA doesn't work, they will need to do it manually. Or maybe they found a quality issue to resolve.

Also, all who are waiting for delivery, I do not recommend getting it delivered to your homes in case there are missing parts. Cousin got a Y Perf delivered over the weekend and it was missing USB and wireless charging. Service requests aside, I'd want an SA to give me confirmation that missing or broken things will be resolved.

Looking forward to my pickup scheduled for Wednesday.

In my convo with them, they mentioned that if OTA doesn't work, they will need to do it manually. Or maybe they found a quality issue to resolve.

Also, all who are waiting for delivery, I do not recommend getting it delivered to your homes in case there are missing parts. Cousin got a Y Perf delivered over the weekend and it was missing USB and wireless charging. Service requests aside, I'd want an SA to give me confirmation that missing or broken things will be resolved.

They're heavily refusing to allow me to pick up rather than have it delivered for unknown reasons..

Reactions: rdmdriving

+1 both Model S's I saw delivered yesterday were missing the hatch screens (or whatever they're called). Also, my car is physically at the SC location but just waiting on service to manually update the firmware...

Reactions: rdmdriving
adding to the list. my EDD got delayed today from 11/21-12/19 to 12/9-12/31
Im a blue/black/19" also in Chicago holding at 12/1-12/31 for now. I keep checking 10x a day expecting to be pushed back too. When I called corporate 2 weeks ago he told me to expect a VIN the week of Thanksgiving, I guess we will see if he was just blowing smoke or not soon.

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue