Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped in and talked to the Tesla Tampa Delivery, Service, Repair and Body Center today as my VIN has been issued and my EDD is 12/3/21 - 12/6/21. All appears in order on my 2022 Tesla Model S LR AWD delivery. The Tesla appears to be in Alabama currently. One of the local Tampa Delivery team members gave me the local telephone number (813-496-3039) for which I should call with any delivery issues. The local Tesla Delivery center will reach out to me when the car is close to, or is delivered in Tampa. All appears to be in order regarding my paperwork and online activity. Most of the Tesla delivery interaction is now thru the Tesla app versus the web portal. I did mention that I was having an issue with the Tesla Plaid Bank account connection, for which the local Tesla representative said that issues are still being worked out. I will now re-apply for my BoA auto loan and have my down payment funds wired into my checking account in preparation for a Tesla Plaid transfer or a certified check. My insurance is in process and Carvana offered me an excellant deal on my current auto and they will pick it up at the Tesla center on the day of my Tesla delivery if I want. My PPF, window tinting, powdered coated wheels and work are scheduled for the day of delivery. I'm getting close...

Quick question, to those who have already taken delivery: how quickly was your car ready for pickup once it arrived at the SC? Mine is scheduled to arrive 12/4 but I am leaving to go out of the country that day and won’t return till 12/10. I’m trying to ask them to hold it past 72 hours if it’s ready for pickup before 12/7

Quick question, to those who have already taken delivery: how quickly was your car ready for pickup once it arrived at the SC? Mine is scheduled to arrive 12/4 but I am leaving to go out of the country that day and won’t return till 12/10. I’m trying to ask them to hold it past 72 hours if it’s ready for pickup before 12/7
They should be able to hold it. I did the same and pushed my delivery date out about a week...then the firmware hold happened. Total of 2 weeks since mine was ready.

Reactions: SoCalDude
My EDD just move up to Nov 24-30.
VIN any moment now. :cool:
I just called and got a window tint appointment for the 1st. Huber Optik Ceramic. 35 doors and back, 70% front.

Has anyone tinted the roof? I am thinking of maybe 70 for the roof or is it definitely not necessary?
Also I would like a tow hitch installed for my bike.
Fantastic news and congrats!!

Can’t speak to Model S roof tint but I’ve made the mistake of tinting my former MSLR with darker tint and that drew even more heat. So based on that experience, I will go with 70% or higher this time around.

I just called and got a window tint appointment for the 1st. Huber Optik Ceramic. 35 doors and back, 70% front.

Has anyone tinted the roof? I am thinking of maybe 70 for the roof or is it definitely not necessary?
Check out post 189 in this thread for one opinion on roof tinting. Hope it helps. I took the advice and did not tint roof, and it’s fine for me.

When we got the text to pickup it gave 4 different dates to choose.

Take a look at these threads.

Hey fam,

Need some advice from all of you, I was originally matched to a 2021 car last Thursday. I asked my SA if there was anyway to pass on the 2021 and wait for a 2022. She did not go into any detail about what the process was or what she was technically going to do. She just "unmatched me". I followed up today if she had any idea when I could expect to be matched again. She said she put a hold on my account until 1/1 (I did not ask for this). She said it was the only way to guarantee that I get a 2022.

She said if I mark it eligible for a match now and I get matched to another 2021 model and reject that, they may cancel my order altogether.

My SA doesn't seem confident in really any of the actions/options. Has anyone had a similar issue happen? Any advice or a way to contact Tesla to talk about options further?

Obviously the last thing in the world I want is to get canceled on after all this.

Hey fam,

Need some advice from all of you, I was originally matched to a 2021 car last Thursday. I asked my SA if there was anyway to pass on the 2021 and wait for a 2022. She did not go into any detail about what the process was or what she was technically going to do. She just "unmatched me". I followed up today if she had any idea when I could expect to be matched again. She said she put a hold on my account until 1/1 (I did not ask for this). She said it was the only way to guarantee that I get a 2022.

She said if I mark it eligible for a match now and I get matched to another 2021 model and reject that, they may cancel my order altogether.

My SA doesn't seem confident in really any of the actions/options. Has anyone had a similar issue happen? Any advice or a way to contact Tesla to talk about options further?

Obviously the last thing in the world I want is to get canceled on after all this.
Well, seems you’ll probably get a VIN and deliver in January based on what others here have seen - pretty quick rematching. Hard to tell though.

You could probably call Tesla and have the hold removed say in a week or two earlier once we really stop seeing MF VINs on here. Still seeing some though as of today.

Reactions: VolcanoTacos
Delivery Scheduled - 11/29!

MSLR B/B/21 no FSD order 6/1 RN11507. VIN MF456. Car is in transport. I don’t mind a 2021 model year. I have waited long enough!
Did they tell you to schedule or did you reach out to someone? I have a VIN and an EDD that starts on Sunday, but when I asked the SC if I could schedule they held strong with "We'll text you"

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
Can anyone suggest an SA in Nor Cal Dublin or Fremont? I ordered my car and I had some contact from the SA in dublin but then he seems to have disappeared.
Now I have a VIN yay! As of this morning I got a VIN and its a NF and I did see the 2022 Tesla Model S in the Account page.
I am not able to get a hold of anyone for the next steps of scheduling delivery. Any help?
EDD is Nov 20-26.

Too excited! Cheers!
Lot of stuff happened and I am picking up my car TOMORROW.
Tesla has been kind to me so far, I reached someone in 2 mins from call to talking to change my MVPA for partial finance, decided to invest in Tesla.
And everything is in the app which is pretty cool and cant wait for a spot assignment for tomorrow's pick up.

I have a question to this group, the guys who picked up, did you pay up before pick up? I am hoping I would not have to reject the car but at the same time, should I pay tonight before the pickup tomorrow? Thoughts please?

Thanks!

Lot of stuff happened and I am picking up my car TOMORROW.
Tesla has been kind to me so far, I reached someone in 2 mins from call to talking to change my MVPA for partial finance, decided to invest in Tesla.
And everything is in the app which is pretty cool and cant wait for a spot assignment for tomorrow's pick up.

I have a question to this group, the guys who picked up, did you pay up before pick up? I am hoping I would not have to reject the car but at the same time, should I pay tonight before the pickup tomorrow? Thoughts please?

Thanks!
Following for sure as I hate to pay before pickup but seems required … the app/transfer they use seems to do an API based on ACH/account check on balance though so seems would be possible.