Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet! Enjoy. Mine, too, was missing those two trunk cover pieces. You said "Tesla is ordering them". If you saw them place an order for the items at your delivery appointment, cool. If not, go into your Tesla app and create a service request. Mention the two pieces that are missing in the service request. The service team will then actually place the order for the parts. That is what my SA advised I do, and we created that service order at my delivery appointment. I now have a confirmation document from Tesla that my parts are on order.
Attached screen shot shows how I worded the missing parts in the service request, and shows the parts that are now on order that shows in my app.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 9.58.26 AM.png

Did you actually do this in a ms 21? I checked all the settings and cannot find it. Sorry for the follow up question here
Yep! Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla

Display
Energy Display: Choose to display remaining energy and charging units as either a percentage of battery energy remaining, or as an estimate of the distance you can drive.
The difference between the 3 and Y versus the S and X is that you cannot just change it from the touch of the center screen since there is no indicator on the main screen and the instrument cluster is not touchscreen.

Reactions: rdmdriving
I got my VIN (NF460) for RN1152 on Sunday MS LR White/Black/19" and delivery is scheduled for Thursday. Scrambling to get all logistics done. Not that I didn't have the time to prepare - more like I didn't think this is going to happen this year. Anyway, wish me luck so that I don't need to swallow a lemon for Christmas. I rather eat something else.

Since I may be getting my car end of Dec aka wet snow and slushy time are there any recommendations for front and rear seat floor mats? Tesla's is out of stock. I see some Tesmanian mats on the web. TIA
I highly recommend WeatherTech. I’ve had them in various vehicles over the years and they are great. Everything they sell is custom fitted to the vehicle and fits like a glove.

I highly recommend WeatherTech. I’ve had them in various vehicles over the years and they are great. Everything they sell is custom fitted to the vehicle and fits like a glove.
I did have WT mats on my 2018 S100D that I sold. Making sure the newer ones from them will fit the 2021 interior. If it fits, the car gets it!

Sam, you're generous to call that "no frills." I heard the 1-on-1 concierge deliveries are a COVID causality, but that "gimme the check; ok, have a nice day; bye." treatment is a shame. They should not act like they did you a favor by allowing you to buy their car.
I welcomed that approach. I didn’t want to even talk to anybody but that was the next best thing. Never got the impression that they felt like the “did me a favor” and appreciated the fact they didn’t force a conversation. Being pandered to I guess has never been on my list of priorities.

Just got my VIN today with an EDD of 12/21-12-24. VIN = NF461 Santa Musk is making a big gift delivery!
Interesting. What’s your spec and when did you order. I’m in NWA and had an EDD before the end of this year but was pushed back this morning. I’m ok with that as I have a Model S at the moment however that needs to be sold before the new car arrives so having some idea of when the new car is arriving is helpful!

Just got my VIN today with an EDD of 12/21-12-24. VIN = NF461 Santa Musk is making a big gift delivery!
Congratulations!! Based on recent reports, should Santa drop your new Model S down your chimney on Xmas eve with an elf inside, the elf will walk away without a scratch.

Now, if you notice my signature, you'll see that I ordered the same configuration as you, about two months earlier. Clearly you got on Santa Musk's nice list, and I got on his naughty list. 😭

Best of luck to you. Send pictures when you get your car. 👍