Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the first I have heard about the 2022 LR dimensions being different from the 2021 LR/Plaid. Is the documented anywhere? I have LR on order and I am concerned about changing width specs given how tight my previous two MS's were fitting in my garage (2012 MS85 and 2015 MS85D).
I think there's some confusion here. I'm quite sure that there are no dimension changes between the refreshed 2021 vs. 2022 LR and plaid models.
Some of the vendors were still selling the non-refresh model mats as 2021 mats. But if you buy floor mats for a 2021 refreshed model, it should perfectly fit the 2022 models. Source - I have a 2022 model delivered and the 2021 mats perfectly fit - 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Floor Mats Interior Liners (Plaid and Long Range)

I actually did a comparison between 20 and 21 versions of mats, frunk, trunk mats on weathertech. The main trunk mat is definitely different (left side extended on 21 version).

Also anyone ordered rear cargo well? Looks unnecessary to me

View attachment 741742
Oh yeah for sure. 20 and 21 are very different. No confusion there. There was mention of 21 weather tech mats for Model S not fitting in a 22 Model S...unless I read his comments wrong. I would be shocked if 21 and 22 Model S dimensions we different at all on anything.

I was not aware of that, thank you. I perused the Tesmanian site in the mean time and they appear similar. It’d be interesting to see a direct comparison of the two as cost is similar.
Make sure that the drivers side Weathertech mat covers where you would normally put you left foot. Tesla’s all weather mat does not. The Tesmaian does.

Oh yeah for sure. 20 and 21 are very different. No confusion there. There was mention of 21 weather tech mats for Model S not fitting in a 22 Model S...unless I read his comments wrong. I would be shocked if 21 and 22 Model S dimensions we different at all on anything.
awesome. I think 21 on weathertech is indeed for refresh 21 and 22 model year. that's why it looks different from 20's

Reactions: rdmdriving
I'm amongst the recent batch of VINs released recently.
VIN NF461 received today - Ordered 6/1/21, RN 1152 / MSM / Black / 19"/ No FSD - 30 min away from Fremont factory.
My EDD was 12/6-12/17 then changed today to 12/7 - 12/12 with VIN.

After having many false EDD alarms, I changed by payment to cash until I got the VIN to prevent credit pulls. Once I got the VIN today, I called Tesla and had them add the financing option back to the account I was able to apply for and get loan approved within 20 min.

Awaiting delivery appointment scheduling....

Good luck to all in the waiting room.

I'm amongst the recent batch of VINs released recently.
VIN NF461 received today - Ordered 6/1/21, RN 1152 / MSM / Black / 19"/ No FSD - 30 min away from Fremont factory.
My EDD was 12/6-12/17 then changed today to 12/7 - 12/12 with VIN.

After having many false EDD alarms, I changed by payment to cash until I got the VIN to prevent credit pulls. Once I got the VIN today, I called Tesla and had them add the financing option back to the account I was able to apply for and get loan approved within 20 min.

Awaiting delivery appointment scheduling....

Good luck to all in the waiting room.
Excellent. I think this may be the new MSM batch coming off the line. If so there's going to be a lot of us putting our browser's refresh button to the test.

Excellent. I think this may be the new MSM batch coming off the line. If so there's going to be a lot of us putting our browser's refresh button to the test.
I neglected to specify that I had already performed by normal routine of refreshing my page at least twice today when I thought I'd call Tesla to inquire about a solid EDD date so I could apply for finance. I only learned of the VIN being assigned while talking to Tesla as it must have appeared on my account sometime between my last refresh ~ noon and my call at 3pm. So yeah, keep refreshing!

I think there's some confusion here. I'm quite sure that there are no dimension changes between the refreshed 2021 vs. 2022 LR and plaid models.
Some of the vendors were still selling the non-refresh model mats as 2021 mats. But if you buy floor mats for a 2021 refreshed model, it should perfectly fit the 2022 models. Source - I have a 2022 model delivered and the 2021 mats perfectly fit - 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Floor Mats Interior Liners (Plaid and Long Range)
Thanks for clarifying.

Tesla made a small number of pre-refresh 2021 and refresh 2021 if I am not mistaken.

Much like 2016 facelift vs. nosecone.

Anyone have thoughts on the Tesla extended warranty? We have 6 months from de!ivery to add a few years onto the standard warranty. I have only leased cars for the last 20 years or so. They get turned in well before any warranty expires. I am mainly concerned with things like the suspension system. I am planning to keep the car for about 6 years.
If you don't mind having your money tied up in a warranty, it's not a bad option. I bought one for my 2020 Model S thinking I'd keep that car for 6 years also, but changed my mind when the new Refreshed MS came out and I discovered my 2020 was worth a premium on the used market. Tesla will fully refund the warranty cost if you cancel it at any point during the first 4 years, so there's not much risk in getting it now at the discounted price, and then reevaluate when you get close to the 4 year point whether the car seems reliable enough to forego the warranty or not. If you sell it, it can be a nice selling feature or you can cancel it and get a refund.

Most people will say the extended warranties are a pretty bad investment overall, and that you'd be better off putting the $4k into TSLA stock today... I can understand that philosophy (my TSLA stock has done REALLY well these past few years, as I'm sure most of on this forum appreciate)...

Anyone have thoughts on the Tesla extended warranty? We have 6 months from de!ivery to add a few years onto the standard warranty. I have only leased cars for the last 20 years or so. They get turned in well before any warranty expires. I am mainly concerned with things like the suspension system. I am planning to keep the car for about 6 years.
I could be wrong here so someone else please chime in, but the Tesla Extended Service Agreement page says that model S/X produced after Feb 2021 aren’t eligible for ESA.

According to the fine print on Tesla’s web site, Model S and Model X vehicles built during or after February 2021 are not eligible for an Extended Service Agreement.

I am going to take an absolute long shot here.

Is there anyone with a refreshed Model S LR here using TeslaMate for data logging? Looking to run some information by you and trying to troubleshoot some issues. See here (TMC) and here (Github).

Please direct message me or quote my response and I will engage with you private. Do not want to muddy up this thread. It seems specific to LRs and not Plaids which is why I went to this thread.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Got the car… A couple of scratches, some shipping damage under the front lip and it needs a new tail light / door seals but all of the parts have been ordered.

What a journey.
@Greeney your car looks great! And look at you with the magazine-worthy natural light, the background and all that! More photos please! Interior too. Congrats.

Reactions: Greeney
I was planning to get the ESA so your comment that made me realize it’s not offered prompted me to look into alternatives. I found Xcare which seems well reviewed and slightly better coverage than the Tesla ESA and shockingly affordable, under $4000 for a 10 year, 125k warranty on a brand new model S. I’m going to do some more research but will likely go this way.