Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that have done trade-ins with Tesla, we have an estimate/trade, but how do they do it in scenarios like us in Austin. I have a delivery appointment for our LRMS, and it just to pick it up in a large church parking lot where they delivery to people - no touch, etc. How the heck do they take the trade-in from you then - anyone done this in the Austin area before?

I.e. do you have to drop the trade at the Tesla SC then like Uber to the lot for your pickup? Do you pickup, and just leave your trade-in in the lot ha? How the heck?

So today out of the blue I got a vin and delivery date 1/15 at 1pm, RN1161 in Ca!
MSM/black/21”/no FSD ordered 11/25/21
Vin is NF4647 is that a good one???
Wow! That is super quick. From RN1161 seems like a Dec order. Anything special that you did to make this quite early? Existing inventory?
I am RN1160 order in Nov and EDD is 02/01-03/01. I live close to Fremont.

NF467 seems like a Jan build (latest)

Reactions: rdmdriving
Wow! That is super quick. From RN1161 seems like a Dec order. Anything special that you did to make this quite early? Existing inventory?
I am RN1160 order in Nov and EDD is 02/01-03/01. I live close to Fremont.

NF467 seems like a Jan build (latest)
No I didn’t do anything! I was expecting to wait much longer, my EDD was June for a while then just the other day went to 1/16-2/13 and now this out of nowhere!

Super happy with our new MS LR that we took delivery of today!

Ordered 10/13/2021, delivered 3 months later on 1/13/2022.
Our original delivery was estimated for May-June 2022, so this has been a nice surprise.
Black exterior, white interior, 21's. No FSD.

Minor rattle in the rear passenger area TBD/may SC; otherwise, no defects, great condition, and *all the parts expected* delivered.

Smoother delivery experience and quality than our new Model Y we took delivery of a few weeks ago.

It's because you ordered after the price bump so your top priority. Most of us who ordered before the price bump are waiting 6+ months including me.
Multitude of deliveries and VIN assignments to pre-price hike reservations weaken that statement somewhat.

Now, if you said higher priced configurations were a priority, I would 💯 agree.

It's because you ordered after the price bump so your top priority. Most of us who ordered before the price bump are waiting 6+ months including me.
It's possible. I was originally quoted late 2022.

They tried rushing me a matched car from Fremont in the last days of 2021, at which point I completed payment for a VIN. They ended up, due to weather, not shipping it all the way north, and they sold it for EOQ.

They very clearly wanted to get this delivery happening soon given the payment aspect, apparently to avoid questions about refunding the payment, etc. 🤷‍♂️

I do wish I could know what would have happened had I not been offered that last-minute end of quarter car, or didn't complete payment, where I would be now.

For those of you that have done trade-ins with Tesla, we have an estimate/trade, but how do they do it in scenarios like us in Austin. I have a delivery appointment for our LRMS, and it just to pick it up in a large church parking lot where they delivery to people - no touch, etc. How the heck do they take the trade-in from you then - anyone done this in the Austin area before?

I.e. do you have to drop the trade at the Tesla SC then like Uber to the lot for your pickup? Do you pickup, and just leave your trade-in in the lot ha? How the heck?
Maybe they do just direct delivery?

We traded our '18 M3P in for a '22 MYP a few weeks ago, and they just drove the new car to our condo in downtown Seattle, had me sign in, and then they drove off with my trade.

Picked up today in Temecula. Inventory MS LR, White / Cream, 21s, no FSD -- and, best of all, my prior order price was honored 100%! RN1152 was for black / black / 21s, got tired of waiting. No new lights, no new charge port, but love the car nonetheless. Good luck to you all on the wait!
How did you get them honor the same price? Call SA or something else? And did you already get an inventory car booked already? Sorry that's a lot of questions. I wanna do the same :):):)

Reactions: rdmdriving