Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woo hoo, I woke up to my EDD changed half awake today. It pushed out 5 days, but then I realized it pulled in also so it is only a 4 day window now. Then I had to look again but had a VIN. NF467### VIN so am stoked for likely delivery now here at end of January, picking up in Austin (an hour away).
45B92E5D-E0BB-4A88-839C-2B2EFF85BB81_1_201_a.jpeg

someone explain to me the logic of selling just front mud flaps.
The front tires on the MS kick back rocks quite a bit and it's to protect the now wider rear fenders/panel that flares out another +inch almost. It's a target for those rocks now. They will probably start selling these flaps and stop putting PPF on the rear panels I bet. That part of MY/MS's get chipped to hell fast without them.

I've entered my EDD window today. Haven't gotten pushed back yet but fully expecting it. Mixed feelings about the headlight/taillight changes, so we'll take it if our turn comes up.
EDD was pushed out to 2/1-3/1 this morning - full circle from the original "February" at order time.

I guess we can hope for the rumored matrix headlights. Not too excited about how similar the new rear design looks to the M3's though.

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
Well, here is a cautionary tale for anyone daring to express their displeasure to Tesla for their endless EDD pushback game. Tesla's response to my rant yesterday was to push my EDD back yet again. My former EDD: 12 Jan-9 Feb has now changed to 19 Jan-16 Feb. I feel that it is direct retaliation for expressing my frustration. I feel exhausted and little hope that I will ever get my car. It is outrageous that we are forced to wait and wait and wait, with endless delays and EDD pushbacks. I sincerely hope that what I am experiencing does not happen to anyone else. ☹️😫😩😭🥵

Well, here is a cautionary tale for anyone daring to express their displeasure to Tesla for their endless EDD pushback game. Tesla's response to my rant yesterday was to push my EDD back yet again. My former EDD: 12 Jan-9 Feb has now changed to 19 Jan-16 Feb. I feel that it is direct retaliation for expressing my frustration. I feel exhausted and little hope that I will ever get my car. It is outrageous that we are forced to wait and wait and wait, with endless delays and EDD pushbacks. I sincerely hope that what I am experiencing does not happen to anyone else. ☹️😫😩😭🥵
Your RN1153 fits with the dates pretty well, its actually pretty much in the early bunch for that RN# range. RN1150 here and hoping for Jan end delivery as just got a VIN finally here with an EDD that ends Jan 29th. Good luck! If you got one in February you'd be in-line still, if not even late Feb/March.

You ordered over three months after me and are slated to get your car two weeks after me. It feels like you're doing pretty well in all honesty.

You ordered over three months after me and are slated to get your car two weeks after me. It feels like you're doing pretty well in all honesty.
If you look at my signature you would see that I started this nightmare in September 2020 with Plaid+ order. I made the mistake of switching to Plaid order after Plaid+ was cancelled, and went with LR order after seeing how good the LR was in direct comparisons with Plaid on utube. I do not agree that I am doing pretty well.

If you look at my signature you would see that I started this nightmare in September 2020 with Plaid+ order. I made the mistake of switching to Plaid order after Plaid+ was cancelled, and went with LR order after seeing how good the LR was in direct comparisons with Plaid on utube. I do not agree that I am doing pretty well.
Look on the bright side, the further you are pushed out, more likely you are to get the refresh of the refresh.

You really ought to be counting from 7/21 and yes you're doing quite well

Every week Tesla makes 27 improvements to the S. Your future car is getting better every day.
Absolutely right. My last model S was delivered as a Long Range with 390 miles of range but had undeclared hardware upgrades installed such that a software update a few months later transformed it into a Long Range Plus with 405. They are always messing with stuff. Usually for the better.

Absolutely right. My last model S was delivered as a Long Range with 390 miles of range but had undeclared hardware upgrades installed such that a software update a few months later transformed it into a Long Range Plus with 405. They are always messing with stuff. Usually for the better.
Same with my original 2015 S. A month after delivery it magically had more power and faster acceleration.

Nope, I have now had four consecutive EDD pushbacks after hitting my EDD. How is that doing quite well. Do not agree!
I think it's more accurate to say you're doing better than others in this forum... I've only hit my EDD once before it was pushed back and have had many pushbacks. My order was at end of May so I have about two months on your order but our EDDs are similar.

Tesla doesn't care about your Plaid+/Plaid dates at this point (doesn't make the wait any easier) but in reality you've only had your order since late July. Still unacceptable as far as timeframe/EDD updates go but I would agree with the others that you're not in a bad spot if the Jan EDD holds.

Were you only able to get a Trade-In number after getting your VIN? I can't even get a quote from the Tesla site for a trade-in because it says I'm outside my window?
I got a trade in offer out of the gate when i ordered in may, took them like 4 days. you may need to call your service center, and an SA can "unlock" the trade in option.
i'd also check some of the online sites - i found they were within whiskers of each other, though folks seem to have a lot of luck with carvana and givemethevin (givemethevin gave me no better offers, and wanted me to drive the car right to the action area about an hour from my home. err, no.)