Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 100% cool with waiting until your legacy orders get fulfilled first. Since I am not in a rush I just threw the deposit and am glad to wait for 2023s. Really hope they finally diffuse the ugly lights.
Yeah I’d of course like the new lights but I don’t want to wait any longer than necessary. There will always be some changes coming. After the lights it will be something else tempting people.

Glad you have the patience to wait. You will need it. :)

Thought I chime in and share my thoughts on my Delivery. Earlier last year I decided to reserve a LR Model S P(pre-refresh) during January. During this time there were huge speculation and rumors of a "refreshed" model s coming out soon. I thought why not, what do I have to lose besides $100 and if there is a refreshed model S, I would be first in line (I Still chuckle at the thought of this). After the refresh was revealed my SA advised me to switch over to the new model, but with the $10,000 price increase of course. There were many discussions on the price, but eventually it was settled that if you had purchased the car before the announcement, a $2000 credit will be applied at the time of sale.

Fast foward to July, I had a August delivery date and I didn't know what to think of it. Lots of plaids were being delivered and very few LR's even made it off the production line. Slowly they started coming off the lot and got into the hands of many, but not me. I was optimistic as July came and went and my delivery date moved to September. I had confirmed with my SA in regards to the car, and she had mentioned that everything on my end has been completed and we even changed the finance to cash to "expedite" delivery.

September, October, November, and finally December came, but with a EDD of 12/26-12/31. I thought, this is it, with a EDD this narrow, it has to be confirmed. I had agreed to sell my car to a third party and prepare for financing before that date as I was confident due to end of quarter push. Little did I know as I approached the narrow delivery date, the further my EDD changed. 2021 came and went and there I was, in mid January 2022 where my EDD was showing Feb-March 30th. At this point, I had sold my car already and was on Enterprise about to rent a car for a month or two. I emailed my SA and shared with her my concerns, and the very next day I received a text that Tesla was aware of my situation and will match me with a Vin soon. The day after I received a vin, and proceeded with the payment/finance. On Monday Jan, 17th, I received my Unicorn.

Side notes. Dropped it off for PPF and Tint for a few days, the shop scratched the windshield with razor blades, but denies it religiously. Anyways it's been a long 2021, and I'm glad that I'm starting off 2022 with a new car. To everyone waiting, endure if you can, it's been a controversial journey and I'm glad most of us share the same experience, some more than others.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 5.36.55 PM.jpg

Thought I chime in and share my thoughts on my Delivery. Earlier last year I decided to reserve a LR Model S P(pre-refresh) during January. During this time there were huge speculation and rumors of a "refreshed" model s coming out soon. I thought why not, what do I have to lose besides $100 and if there is a refreshed model S, I would be first in line (I Still chuckle at the thought of this). After the refresh was revealed my SA advised me to switch over to the new model, but with the $10,000 price increase of course. There were many discussions on the price, but eventually it was settled that if you had purchased the car before the announcement, a $2000 credit will be applied at the time of sale.

Fast foward to July, I had a August delivery date and I didn't know what to think of it. Lots of plaids were being delivered and very few LR's even made it off the production line. Slowly they started coming off the lot and got into the hands of many, but not me. I was optimistic as July came and went and my delivery date moved to September. I had confirmed with my SA in regards to the car, and she had mentioned that everything on my end has been completed and we even changed the finance to cash to "expedite" delivery.

September, October, November, and finally December came, but with a EDD of 12/26-12/31. I thought, this is it, with a EDD this narrow, it has to be confirmed. I had agreed to sell my car to a third party and prepare for financing before that date as I was confident due to end of quarter push. Little did I know as I approached the narrow delivery date, the further my EDD changed. 2021 came and went and there I was, in mid January 2022 where my EDD was showing Feb-March 30th. At this point, I had sold my car already and was on Enterprise about to rent a car for a month or two. I emailed my SA and shared with her my concerns, and the very next day I received a text that Tesla was aware of my situation and will match me with a Vin soon. The day after I received a vin, and proceeded with the payment/finance. On Monday Jan, 17th, I received my Unicorn.

Side notes. Dropped it off for PPF and Tint for a few days, the shop scratched the windshield with razor blades, but denies it religiously. Anyways it's been a long 2021, and I'm glad that I'm starting off 2022 with a new car. To everyone waiting, endure if you can, it's been a controversial journey and I'm glad most of us share the same experience, some more than others.

View attachment 759368

Congrats. I have the same exact car coming Tuesday the 25th. Did you pick up from Burbank?

View attachment 759368
Thank you. Great story with a happy ending.

Reactions: rdmdriving
FOMO - So easy to get caught up in missing out on some new feature with Tesla. On the 3/Y platform the pace is far more rapid than the S it seems. I almost got sucked into that with our Y. It kept seeming like the structural battery pack was right around the corner. I am so glad I didn't wait. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the car in the interim.

At the same time, I can see if you plan on holding the car for a long time, you want to get the best feature set you can. It is just so hard to gauge what is really around the corner with Tesla and what is a lot farther out than you might think. This crazy/chaotic ordering system just adds to the mess.

I really want the new headlights. This is the one thing still in the back of my mind if the S is actually delivered in the new few weeks as the chaos monkey predicts. This would be a nice upgrade that I'd appreciate. As usual you never know if this will pan out. At this point I don't want to wait any longer. Where it does impact me is I would seriously consider about upgrading the car later on if they do come out in the next 6-9 months. I had planned to go full PPF but I'd hate to invest if if I will upgrade in the next year or so. Given the past cost of lights, assuming you could even do it, I could likely sell mine and buy back in for less.

While I really think Teslas need it, you don't get really anything when you go to sell the car. Full PPF is 6k+ here, even a frontal is going to be 2k, so still sort of torn what to do. Maybe I'll be the unicorn and get the new lights but I highly doubt that. Any thoughts?