Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anytime I talk to Tesla and mention being open to other colors they say I would have to pay the full difference and it would not help my delivery time.
I called the national number, which routed me to my own region. They then told me I would have to call the dealership in Las Vegas to which it was scheduled to be shipped. I called the LV dealership and first they told me I would have to pick it up there (I'm in Tennessee), but after speaking to someone else there she told me to contact me SA, who was surprisingly cooperative for a change (since I had never heard from him). They told me I would have to pay the shipping charge but that still isn't showing up on the paperwork they sent me, and I hope it doesn't since it turns out it is being shipped directly from Fremont.

I'll keep you posted. If this all works for me...which I won't believe until I actually take possession on Feb 12th, then we know there is a way to make it work some some Tesla employees simply don't care to know or help.

Got a NF469 VIN for January 26-30. Here's a screenshot of all of the EDD's I've tracked:
1643163697995.png

RN1149
Just saw my identical config available in inventory and “bought” it online.

Will try calling today to see if they will assign this vin to my RN1149 order (which is $15k less and destined for a different state). Hopefully it hasn’t left the factory yet and they can just reroute it to the east coast instead of AZ.
I talked to my SA about that same situation and they indicated that I would have to pay the 15k increase... Absurd

I talked to my SA about that same situation and they indicated that I would have to pay the 15k increase... Absurd
It is completely ridiculous. Exact same product, but charging more for stock value nothing more. Tesla's image of transitioning the world to renewable energy is shadowed by their business practices of milking the world of every cent they can get their hands on.

My SA offered me a LR (Blue) but wanted to up charge me from my 89k price. I said, "Really, because the paint color is different but everything else is the same?"

Reactions: bhakan
I ordered my blue/white/19 MSLR on January 14th (RN1163). Initial estimated delivery was July 2022. A couple of days ago the estimated delivery was updated to May 28th - June 25th. Getting more excited every day.
Everyone is being too polite to break this to you but don't even try to get excited about a January 2022 order at this point. It is almost offensive on these pages.