Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon the macro-happy interior photos. Pixel 6 Pro does a pretty crappy job with Bokeh (need my aging Nikon D800), but the textures in this car are awesome, so I couldn't help myself. Looks like posts are limited to 10 photos so I've made a separate post for them.
1643132881014.png
1643132843636.png
1643132863150.png
1643132821099.png
1643132797632.png

Wow, it's been a year and they still haven't fixed this?

I think they give you what is actually worth. For me this is a perfect example of why you might not want to buy it. IF Tesla places no value on it on trade in, then maybe they are telling me something. It isn't like with acceleration boost I lose maybe 2k. I factored that going in and honestly I've gotten my value out of that upgrade already. But (now) dropping 12k on FSD and then getting nothing for it on trade that is lose-lose especially given my experience with TACC and phantom braking in general.

Reactions: B@ndit and jackk
Reactions: Neon001
I'm pretty sure that you get voice commands even if you don't pay for premium connectivity.
You're correct, but you don't get the google listings for businesses and restaurants, from what I remember (went off premium for a couple months on my M3P at one point). So if I said, "navigate to Best Buy in White Marsh, MD", it couldn't do it. Honestly, even with just the google earth I think it's worth it, especially with the nice huge screen in the new S.

Reactions: cmarshack
Ahh, I've had better experiences. I was going to put it all in a initial review post and post it in an actual review thread as opposed to a delivery thread, but specific to delivery:

Scheduled for home delivery 1000 to 1200 Friday, 21 Jan, SA calls and says he's on his way at 1100 and should be here in 30. Great. I see him show up on Nest cam and notice him stop in front of the driveway. After a long minutes he pulls to the side of the road to let someone by and just sits there for a good while, eventually leaving the car parked in the street (it's a neighborhood so there aren't many cars). Comes to the door, gives me the keycards and waits for me in my foyer while I go inspect. Overall the car is fantastic. No issues with body panels, crazy gaps (that I notice, and frankly I don't want to know about it if they really are because right now I'm happy with it). Interior is flawless other than the very minor yoke worm and the console light issue. No wrinkles in leather, damage to wood trim, nothing. Outside there are 4-5 very minor issues less than the size of a pea, which I photograph and come back inside to tell him about. He assures me that service can remedy those.

We proceed with the paperwork, and I had a little bit of a shock when I found that the actual appraised value of my trade in was $600 more than they gave me - the SA claimed it was because I modified the trunk. All I did was remove the T logo and replace with TESLA lettering. If I had known that was going to ding me for $600 I would have returned to stock myself!

Paperwork signed, we had one more thing to do, and that was to accept in the app so I could take ownership and use phone-as-key, but it wouldn't work. The blue button was "grayed out" and couldn't be pressed. The SA has no clue what's going on and calls the dealership. None of them know either, but he promises he'll get me straightened out when he gets back to Owings Mills. Minorly offputting, but whatever. One other irritation was that the SA wouldn't give me his personal (work) contact email to send the photos to. He just gave me the central support box for the SC, which I imagine is basically a black hole.

SA leaves, I go out to take my wife to lunch. We drive to the cul-de-sac to turn around and I get an odd clunking in the front end like I'm running over some bumps in the road or something when I'm at full-lock on the yoke. We drive on, and minutes later I get a service code and warning that air suspension isn't working properly, and that it may not be level. F-. Now I see why the guy didn't pull into my driveway...

I drive a bit more, since it doesn't seem to impact anything when I'm not turning sharply, and find that I can get it to go away and function normally sometimes when I turn the car off and back on. Of course, some other stuff in the car isn't working properly either at this point because it technically wasn't "mine" yet. I do a quick hard reset (does nothing) and notice that I have a firmware update (big one) waiting, so i pull into the garage and hope it magically fixes my problem. An hour later its done and the problem is still there.

So I setup an appt with the SC, but first available is on 1 Feb, which is 3 days before I'm planning to take my wife to our vacation place for her birthday (weekend getaway w/o the kids!) Really bummed that, given parts situation, it's unlikely I'll be able to bring the new S. I upload the issues of the paint in the service ticket through the app and add that as work to be done.

SA never called back, but within 2-3 hours the app had recognized my ownership. Problem solved or not, it's really bad form IMO for SAs to NOT do what they say they're going to do. Should have at least called to make sure I got the issue resolved... In my experience the majority of them are just lazy SoBs and don't give a crap about the user experience, unlike BMW or Audi service techs and advisors.

Overall, I'm sure the car will (eventually) get fixed, and I love it despite having the one major issue, but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth. Just typical Tesla...

I grabbed a few photos in a parking lot a few days ago, but didn't have my SLR on me. Figured I'd wait to do a proper photoshoot when I can actually put it low suspension setting.

View attachment 760015

View attachment 759998
View attachment 760004
View attachment 760005
View attachment 760006
View attachment 760007
View attachment 760009
View attachment 760013
View attachment 760016
Who was your SA? I’m assigned to Daniel, he’s been very responsive to any questions I have. I’ll be getting my MS from Owings Mills around March.

Reactions: Neon001
Ahh, I've had better experiences. I was going to put it all in a initial review post and post it in an actual review thread as opposed to a delivery thread, but specific to delivery:

Scheduled for home delivery 1000 to 1200 Friday, 21 Jan, SA calls and says he's on his way at 1100 and should be here in 30. Great. I see him show up on Nest cam and notice him stop in front of the driveway. After a long minutes he pulls to the side of the road to let someone by and just sits there for a good while, eventually leaving the car parked in the street (it's a neighborhood so there aren't many cars). Comes to the door, gives me the keycards and waits for me in my foyer while I go inspect. Overall the car is fantastic. No issues with body panels, crazy gaps (that I notice, and frankly I don't want to know about it if they really are because right now I'm happy with it). Interior is flawless other than the very minor yoke worm and the console light issue. No wrinkles in leather, damage to wood trim, nothing. Outside there are 4-5 very minor issues less than the size of a pea, which I photograph and come back inside to tell him about. He assures me that service can remedy those.

We proceed with the paperwork, and I had a little bit of a shock when I found that the actual appraised value of my trade in was $600 more than they gave me - the SA claimed it was because I modified the trunk. All I did was remove the T logo and replace with TESLA lettering. If I had known that was going to ding me for $600 I would have returned to stock myself!

Paperwork signed, we had one more thing to do, and that was to accept in the app so I could take ownership and use phone-as-key, but it wouldn't work. The blue button was "grayed out" and couldn't be pressed. The SA has no clue what's going on and calls the dealership. None of them know either, but he promises he'll get me straightened out when he gets back to Owings Mills. Minorly offputting, but whatever. One other irritation was that the SA wouldn't give me his personal (work) contact email to send the photos to. He just gave me the central support box for the SC, which I imagine is basically a black hole.

SA leaves, I go out to take my wife to lunch. We drive to the cul-de-sac to turn around and I get an odd clunking in the front end like I'm running over some bumps in the road or something when I'm at full-lock on the yoke. We drive on, and minutes later I get a service code and warning that air suspension isn't working properly, and that it may not be level. F-. Now I see why the guy didn't pull into my driveway...

I drive a bit more, since it doesn't seem to impact anything when I'm not turning sharply, and find that I can get it to go away and function normally sometimes when I turn the car off and back on. Of course, some other stuff in the car isn't working properly either at this point because it technically wasn't "mine" yet. I do a quick hard reset (does nothing) and notice that I have a firmware update (big one) waiting, so i pull into the garage and hope it magically fixes my problem. An hour later its done and the problem is still there.

So I setup an appt with the SC, but first available is on 1 Feb, which is 3 days before I'm planning to take my wife to our vacation place for her birthday (weekend getaway w/o the kids!) Really bummed that, given parts situation, it's unlikely I'll be able to bring the new S. I upload the issues of the paint in the service ticket through the app and add that as work to be done.

SA never called back, but within 2-3 hours the app had recognized my ownership. Problem solved or not, it's really bad form IMO for SAs to NOT do what they say they're going to do. Should have at least called to make sure I got the issue resolved... In my experience the majority of them are just lazy SoBs and don't give a crap about the user experience, unlike BMW or Audi service techs and advisors.

Overall, I'm sure the car will (eventually) get fixed, and I love it despite having the one major issue, but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth. Just typical Tesla...

I grabbed a few photos in a parking lot a few days ago, but didn't have my SLR on me. Figured I'd wait to do a proper photoshoot when I can actually put it low suspension setting.

View attachment 760015

View attachment 759998
View attachment 760004
View attachment 760005
View attachment 760006
View attachment 760007
View attachment 760009
View attachment 760013
View attachment 760016
Congrats! Beautiful car! Sorry to hear that you has not so good experience during the delivery. Definitely that will leave a bad taste especially after waiting since Feb 2021. Thank you for all the helpful points you posted in your experience. We all learn from this. Hopefully, you can have a relaxing getaway with your wife for her bday. Enjoy your new ride.

Pardon the macro-happy interior photos. Pixel 6 Pro does a pretty crappy job with Bokeh (need my aging Nikon D800), but the textures in this car are awesome, so I couldn't help myself. Looks like posts are limited to 10 photos so I've made a separate post for them.
View attachment 760024View attachment 760020View attachment 760022View attachment 760019View attachment 760018
They pics are great! I have P6P too and take pics of my roses and flowers as a gardener. I don't have issues with the pics.

Notice quite a few 2022 LRs still available on the tesla-info tracker site. In the past, you would see one show up briefly and promptly vanish. Does not add up, given the number of folks still waiting for orders placed early last year.
Nothing adds up unfortunately with the Tesla order/delivery process. As the old saying goes, "I've seen shite fights at the money cage more organized.".

Last edited:
I hate to say it because you seem to be having a good experience with him, but it was Daniel. I'd never spoken to him before, so part of it was probably the lack of familiarity, but I wasn't impressed.
That’s unfortunate honestly. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will definitely ask to drive the car around the bldg to see if I hear clunking sounds like many others have heard after pickup.

Reactions: HughDeo and Neon001
I ordered my blue/white/19 MSLR on January 14th (RN1163). Initial estimated delivery was July 2022. A couple of days ago the estimated delivery was updated to May 28th - June 25th. Getting more excited every day.
You might also want to check the inventory page to see if there is a car that matches your build. You might be able to get sooner if that is the case.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
For those still waiting, Deep Blue Metallic seems to be cranking out of Fremont with gusto right now on the inventory site. I appear to have snagged one (after calling three people at Tesla - the national number, the dealership in Las Vegas, and then finally my own SA after getting and emailing my SA's manager) by changing my ordered interior of black to the cream/walnut that they had available. I went from having an EDD of April to May sometime to getting a VIN and delivery appointment for February 12. It does seem they do paint colors and interiors in batches. Might be worth a shot if, like me, you are fed up with shifting dates and waiting.
Anytime I talk to Tesla and mention being open to other colors they say I would have to pay the full difference and it would not help my delivery time.