Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what you mean ? This is related to the USB port in the glove box where the storage device for Sentry and Dashcam plug into
I am aware what the USB drive does. My question is related to partitioning that SSID or USB drive which to my knowledge is done in a PC or MAC. I have formatted drives and partitioned in a PC. Question was does it work in a Chrombook/Pixelbook using a Chrome OS. Last time when I tried in a Chrombook to partition a drive I could not do it.

Reactions: rdmdriving
I am aware what the USB drive does. My question is related to partitioning that SSID or USB drive which to my knowledge is done in a PC or MAC. I have formatted drives and partitioned in a PC. Question was does it work in a Chrombook/Pixelbook using a Chrome OS. Last time when I tried in a Chrombook to partition a drive I could not do it.
Ah okay. For me it did not work on my Mac and I had to do it on a Windows machine

Don’t know all the ins and outs but it’s required that the storage device has to be partitioned as FAT32.

Found this on a very older thread here. Maybe this will help.
“I’ve done it. I have the same SSD split for music and TeslaCam. I used the windows 10 disk management utility to delete all partitions and then manually make both my partitions without formatting (you right click on the unformatted space and click “new simple volume” and choose the size and then uncheck any options to format). This creates two unformatted partitions the size you want that you still need to format. I then formatted both partitions using the fat32 formatting utility linked in all the guides.”

“I’ve done it. I have the same SSD split for music and TeslaCam. I used the windows 10 disk management utility to delete all partitions and then manually make both my partitions without formatting (you right click on the unformatted space and click “new simple volume” and choose the size and then uncheck any options to format). This creates two unformatted partitions the size you want that you still need to format. I then formatted both partitions using the fat32 formatting utility linked in all the guides.”
There are a few YouTube videos as well. I was amazed at how well the car APP manages the files and folders and if you have a rich music library this is a free easy way to integrate it into your car. I went with a 512 Gb SD memory card as they can handle colder temps than an SSD.

I ordered my S yesterday and was willing to wait the 6 months to get it. But then today it gives an EDD of May. What are the odds that actually sticks? Does the Model S have the same s-show with delivery times as I’m seeing in the Model Y forum? Since this car is in less demand due to the price I’ve got to think it might be better?

I know it’s all fiction until I get a VIN but 3 months or 6 months is still going to be a bad time waiting and watching YouTube videos. I’m bad at waiting.

On a related note to being bad at waiting. Since I’ve already been approved by Tesla for the loan, if one were to come in stock locally could I just cancel my order and still buy the existing stock? Would the loan approval carry over?

I ordered my S yesterday and was willing to wait the 6 months to get it. But then today it gives an EDD of May. What are the odds that actually sticks? Does the Model S have the same s-show with delivery times as I’m seeing in the Model Y forum? Since this car is in less demand due to the price I’ve got to think it might be better?

I know it’s all fiction until I get a VIN but 3 months or 6 months is still going to be a bad time waiting and watching YouTube videos. I’m bad at waiting.

On a related note to being bad at waiting. Since I’ve already been approved by Tesla for the loan, if one were to come in stock locally could I just cancel my order and still buy the existing stock? Would the loan approval carry over?

For your first question, evidence that deliveries of MS are moving to the left.

My LR order placed in Oct arrived last week, EDD went from April to Jan last week.

For the second question, skip the SA. If you have a Tesla already, call a Tesla loyalty advisor.

Yes. It can be done using Windows OS as I have partitioned drives for my work or home use. However, since I don't have a PC 9 Windows OS) i was trying to find out if Chrome OS will work as it did not work in the past.

Don’t know all the ins and outs but it’s required that the storage device has to be partitioned as FAT32.
When Tesla came with the Teslacam I have formatted and it has to be a FAT32. In those days (few yrs back) we could not even use any drive more than 32GB I think. We have come long ways to the present situation. that was why I wanted to know if Chrome OS can be used to partition the drive or is it Windows. I think i know the answer that it is Windows and Chrome does not allow that.

Yes. It can be done using Windows OS as I have partitioned drives for my work or home use. However, since I don't have a PC 9 Windows OS) i was trying to find out if Chrome OS will work as it did not work in the past.
This might be a bit too techy for you but I don't know your background. You could try using the Linux side of ChromeOS to partition the disk to what you want. If your Chromebook(I think you said pixelbook. I have the same) is current, you can turn on the Linux partition and use it.

Steps on using Linux: How to Create Partitions in Linux {Using parted and fdisk Commands}

For your first question, evidence that deliveries of MS are moving to the left.

My LR order placed in Oct arrived last week, EDD went from April to Jan last week.

For the second question, skip the SA. If you have a Tesla already, call a Tesla loyalty advisor.

You must be really special (I'm not being obnoxious)- have been a Tesla owner almost 5 years and never once had a call from a Tesla Loyalty Advisor! I even know some insiders and cannot get a straight answer on if or when I can get my car.

You must be really special (I'm not being obnoxious)- have been a Tesla owner almost 5 years and never once had a call from a Tesla Loyalty Advisor! I even know some insiders and cannot get a straight answer on if or when I can get my car.

I am... especially ignorant, and still learning. That's why for 4+ years, I make many visits per day to TMC and the old, now defunct Tesla board, to read the wisdom of the early adopters, AKA, the brain trustees.

One such person gave me all the contact info of said advisor.

The Tesla Loyalty Advisor is a real person, not a Bot! His name is Daniel, he actually picks up the phone and responds to questions, and has been far more accurate than any SA.

PM me if you need to talk to him.

Reactions: rdmdriving and Cyb_
Car obtained! NF469
- Same old headlights/tail lights
- Cracked windshield after departing service center
- No floor mats
- No trunk cover/panels/anything
- No license plate outside frame
- Front passenger door takes a full swing with plenty of force to close

Otherwise, found out it goes past 120+ way too quick.
The cracked windshield will be troubling. Is it a small crack? Did you notice while driving?