Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text from Tesla to set up my delivery appointment for Monday, which I did. Then I got an email from my SA at the delivery center offering a Sunday pickup instead. As long as our roads are clear following the Saturday blizzard, I hope to get it this Sunday.
This is finally really going to happen. Just turned in my end of lease Volvo today, so my wife and I are down to 1 car for a short time.

I've read some real horror stories in this forum about folks getting rid of cars thinking they had an impending delivery and then getting shafted over and over again for months.

I also have to say I feel bad for the folks still waiting for cars for close to a year. There is no rational explanation for a lot of this stuff.
My order was after the first $5,000 price bump, but before the last $10,000 increases.

For me, the wait was almost exactly 6 months. When I initially placed the order in July, the edd was February-March.
Please, please, please make sure the car they give you has all season tires. Many Model S vehicles in the northeast, including mine, have been shipped by Tesla with Pirelli summer tires. I refused to accept delivery of the vehicle, and the service center ordered all seasons for me, which delayed the delivery by 3 days, but I got the right tires for the conditions here in the northeast. The road and weather conditions for Sunday in Long Island ( or any winter day in Long Island ) are such that you do not want to be driving a $100k vehicle on summer tires, as they lose traction in cold temperatures ( see my earlier post on this ).

Good luck to you.

I had an RN1163 Red/Cream/19" LR ordered with EDD of May. I started using the tesla-info site to get push notifications for Inventory cars. This evening it notified me of a Red/Black/19" available. Im in VA and the car is in FL. $1000 delivery to VA. So, I purchased it and now should get delivery Feb 2-6. I expect that date could push out some. I realize this could be someones reject. It could also be a financing that fell through and who is to say my original order would be perfect. The car had FSD, but I was able to delete FSD during the purchase to knock off that $12,000. I had the FSD subscription for a while on my model Y and its not even usable. Elon says end of 2022 to be safer than human, I say no way.

Decided to go ahead and forget about updated lights and TOOK DELIVERYY of my MS LR.
NF467 in NY. It was goregeous. Much better build quality than my August 2021 Plaid delivery.

It was missing the trunk lid and front passenger seat had warping in the upholstery - they will be replacing the entire seat and providing the trunk lid at a later date.

In addition we have a snow storm today/tomorrow yet the car had Pirelli summer tires on. They agreed to swap the tires for AS tires as soon as they receive them and set up a service visit for both the Seat and Tires. All in all, helpful delivery team and very understanding.

Attachments

• B9F89701-E67B-4915-97FB-620FAC4A762C.jpeg
    B9F89701-E67B-4915-97FB-620FAC4A762C.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 3FA8F714-42A5-47C2-AE02-B937E9D4E6B6.jpeg
    3FA8F714-42A5-47C2-AE02-B937E9D4E6B6.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 93FD19D3-FC70-424D-B0D9-57997B161E7F.jpeg
    93FD19D3-FC70-424D-B0D9-57997B161E7F.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 90
I had an RN1163 Red/Cream/19" LR ordered with EDD of May. I started using the tesla-info site to get push notifications for Inventory cars. This evening it notified me of a Red/Black/19" available. Im in VA and the car is in FL. $1000 delivery to VA. So, I purchased it and now should get delivery Feb 2-6. I expect that date could push out some. I realize this could be someones reject. It could also be a financing that fell through and who is to say my original order would be perfect. The car had FSD, but I was able to delete FSD during the purchase to knock off that $12,000. I had the FSD subscription for a while on my model Y and its not even usable. Elon says end of 2022 to be safer than human, I say no way.

But, Elon did not say what Human. Have you seen the increase in bad drivers recently?

Reactions: KennyBry
Decided to go ahead and forget about updated lights and TOOK DELIVERYY of my MS LR.
NF467 in NY. It was goregeous. Much better build quality than my August 2021 Plaid delivery.

It was missing the trunk lid and front passenger seat had warping in the upholstery - they will be replacing the entire seat and providing the trunk lid at a later date.

In addition we have a snow storm today/tomorrow yet the car had Pirelli summer tires on. They agreed to swap the tires for AS tires as soon as they receive them and set up a service visit for both the Seat and Tires. All in all, helpful delivery team and very understanding.
Beautiful car. I kept going back and forth between red and blue with with interior. I finally decided on the blue. Red does look great. Let me know how the AS tires handle the snow. I’m just down the pike from you ear Philadelphia. Enjoy!

Please, please, please make sure the car they give you has all season tires. Many Model S vehicles in the northeast, including mine, have been shipped by Tesla with Pirelli summer tires. I refused to accept delivery of the vehicle, and the service center ordered all seasons for me, which delayed the delivery by 3 days, but I got the right tires for the conditions here in the northeast. The road and weather conditions for Sunday in Long Island ( or any winter day in Long Island ) are such that you do not want to be driving a $100k vehicle on summer tires, as they lose traction in cold temperatures ( see my earlier post on this ).

Good luck to you.
Thank you for the heads up. I am familiar with the summer tire in winter conditions topic and I am hoping I don't have to resort to refusing delivery to get them to comply. I have visited my delivery center on multiple occasions and expressed my concerns about the tires. They claim my sales notes show all season tires. We'll see. I will be posting my delivery experience.

My delivery center is in Suffolk County, NY. I am hoping they are as cooperative as yours in regards to the tires. I pick up the car on Sunday.

My delivery center is in Suffolk County, NY. I am hoping they are as cooperative as yours in regards to the tires. I pick up the car on Sunday.
Maybe worth it to reach out to Tesla to see if you can get a text or email to confirm in writing that you will get AS tires. After several attempts I was able to get a text from my delivery location that mine will "indeed come with AS tires".

I’m just building my list. Waiting to get back home to buy. I’m not expecting my MS until June (if I’m lucky).

240/50 outlet electrician installation and sub panel for charger
Pucks
Trunk Mats from Tasmanian (wife does not
Mud Flaps
SSD to plug in for Senty mode
Charger adapters to plug into the mobile charger
This is off topic but may be useful. There are some excellent YouTube videos on partitioning the cars USB or SSD into two partitions where one is for Sentry/Dashcam and the other for your music library. It works flawlessly. When you plug in your device you will see Sentry/Dashcam working AND you will get a new audio source called USB that you can easily navigate through. I got an app for my Mac that exported my entire iTunes library over to the USB partition.

This is off topic but may be useful. There are some excellent YouTube videos on partitioning the cars USB or SSD into two partitions where one is for Sentry/Dashcam and the other for your music library. It works flawlessly. When you plug in your device you will see Sentry/Dashcam working AND you will get a new audio source called USB that you can easily navigate through. I got an app for my Mac that exported my entire iTunes library over to the USB partition.
What was the app you got for your Mac to make your music transfers? I watched some of the videos on partitioning SSDs and plan to do the same thing. Thanks

Reactions: rdmdriving
Easy purchase for you as you’re getting a slightly cheaper car. Harder for reservations made prior to price increases. Congrats

Maybe worth it to reach out to Tesla to see if you can get a text or email to confirm in writing that you will get AS tires. After several attempts I was able to get a text from my delivery location that mine will "indeed come with AS tires".
I had tried that on several occasions from Tesla phone rep to my SA and at the delivery center. They all told me "it should" and the Tesla phone rep said it will, but no one was willing to put that in writing.

• Informative
I am not sure if those will work with Chrome. No other OS. All I have is Pixelbook and last time when I tried few yrs back I could not do it. Can we?