Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Entered EDD today and woke up to being pushed back another month…
Bummer! Though there are lots of 1151 and earlier orders still waiting, so not altogether surprising. I have the same configuration as you and I ordered on 6/28. I'm still hopeful I'll see my car in Feb sometime! But it wouldn't surprise me if my order also got pushed back. I ordered before the price increases, so less profit for Tesla!

Bummer! Though there are lots of 1151 and earlier orders still waiting, so not altogether surprising. I have the same configuration as you and I ordered on 6/28. I'm still hopeful I'll see my car in Feb sometime! But it wouldn't surprise me if my order also got pushed back. I ordered before the price increases, so less profit for Tesla!
Yes frustrating, especially when I talked to 3 different SA who said I should expect a VIN early Feb. Tesla is really starting to sour for me.

Picked up earlier today from Portland location. Delivery experience was great. They let us inspect the vehicle inside and out for as long as we wanted and they were upfront about missing some of the floor mats. Car was nearly perfect. I found couple of misalignment issues with one door and couple of the side windows. Already scheduled service appointment for next week. It was delivered with all season tires, which I am very glad about.

I only tried couple of launches and I can't imagine the power of the Plaid. Coming from a car with ~200hp, this is a decent jump and I felt it for sure. Planning to take my time to slowly get used to the plentiful power on tap. As a first time EV owner, very happy here. Onto tint and PPF next week. :)View attachment 765488View attachment 765489View attachment 765490
I just don’t get it. I have your exact same configuration, Portland delivery, and an older reservation. No slight on you. I’m happy you got your car. I just wish there was some logic in how Tesla prioritizes deliveries.

Not looking good for our presumed February delivery to Kansas City. Seems like Midwest getting pushed back a month....again. My EDD is Feb 12 to Feb 25 so we will see.

I still don't get how if you order now the EDD is July for a Model S with people a year out from ordering still without a car? WTH? A lot of new orders in for a long spring and summer and even fall and winter. Maybe a couple orders placed now will be filled by July but my guess is 90 plus percent will not be and they will be in a similar situation as all of us.

FWIW the SAs really don't know more than us. I don't know how many times I've been told I was going to get a VIN soon and here I am.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Not looking good for our presumed February delivery to Kansas City. Seems like Midwest getting pushed back a month....again. My EDD is Feb 12 to Feb 25 so we will see.

I still don't get how if you order now the EDD is July for a Model S with people a year out from ordering still without a car? WTH? A lot of new orders in for a long spring and summer and even fall and winter. Maybe a couple orders placed now will be filled by July but my guess is 90 plus percent will not be and they will be in a similar situation as all of us.

FWIW the SAs really don't know more than us. I don't know how many times I've been told I was going to get a VIN soon and here I am.
I ordered mid january and my edd is april/may atm. Wouldnt mind a delay tho

I fully agree with you on the Midwest deliveries, or lack thereof.
Seeing RN1151's getting VIN's all over the country, but few here in the Midwest. I wonder if Tesla is more hesitant to send the summer tire shod MSLR's up here. I live just outside Chicago the major rail hub many of the east coast cars pass through. Hard to explain the 6 months of being pushed back again and again after my initial EDD of September. Much less the good people who've been waiting over a year now.
After coming from a 4 day window in December and now being blown out to 4 weeks in April. I have no answers and my questions are not flattering for Tesla. They can build a technological masterpiece, but can't come close on getting the simple logistics of delivery right? That doesn't play very well, I don't care how good of an excuse maker someone is.
Agree 100% that SA's don't know anymore than we do.

About time! They're doing something right because my dates actually moved up this morning too. Now I'm looking at 12-18 Feb vs 16-19 Feb.
Nice! 4703 is lower than I expected, considering that the first 469 vin I saw on this forum was 1/25, and first 470 was on 1/30/22 - only 5 days for about 1k vins, which is consistent with their Q4 production rate. But now 6+ days for ~300 vins?

There appears to be a slowdown in production... I wonder why....🤔

I need more data points...anyone else w/ a vin higher than NF4703xx?

Nice! 4703 is lower than I expected, considering that the first 469 vin I saw on this forum was 1/25, and first 470 was on 1/30/22 - only 5 days for about 1k vins, which is consistent with their Q4 production rate. But now 6+ days for ~300 vins?

Mine's a NF4707, born on 2/2/22, VIN assigned yesterday 2/5/22

To avoid exactly what you did here, Tesla does not produce VINs sequentially

Reactions: paulchou