Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually spamming the app/website throughout the day. Unless your SA beats you to it, but usually finding it on your own is quicker.
Agreed. Then not necessarily in this order but call any available Tesla employee and demand scheduling of delivery, demand an exact birthdate of your car and if the employee (hopefully not an SA) seems vaguely knowledgeable ask about lights. Then start arranging insurance and financing as necessary. At some point come to TMC and tell us you will be declining delivery if no new lights or any of the known defects from the TMC pdf delivery check list. Incidentally having declined delivery you will continue to complain about Tesla delays on these pages without disclosing that you have declined delivery several times.

Finally got a VIN! June 30th order date, Red, Black, 19s. Now I just need to figure out if I want to keep FSD on the order at $10K versus pay $200 per month. My commute with Model 3 is insane (4-5 hours round trip into NYC) and the auto lane change feature alone is worth it to me. I’ve also grown really fond of FSD beta on city streets unlike pretty much everyone else. So bottom line - I’m going to use FSD, I’m just not sure if I should subscribe or buy it outright again…

Finally got a VIN! June 30th order date, Red, Black, 19s. Now I just need to figure out if I want to keep FSD on the order at $10K versus pay $200 per month. My commute with Model 3 is insane (4-5 hours round trip into NYC) and the auto lane change feature alone is worth it to me. I’ve also grown really fond of FSD beta on city streets unlike pretty much everyone else. So bottom line - I’m going to use FSD, I’m just not sure if I should subscribe or buy it outright again…
if you plan on keeping the car over 5 years, buy it outright

Finally got a delivery appt. It has been a real moving target. What is odd is the only way they deliver is to drop off your car if you are within a 20 mile radius of the service center. You can't do an in person pickup.

delivery.jpeg

Hi all,
Long time stalker of this forum and first time posting. Figured I'd put some hopeful news in for those just starting out that it's not always chaos. I purchased my White/Cream/FSD MS early July (RN 1153) and had a EDD of Late December early January. When December hit my EDD moved to February 13th-27th. And I was assigned my vin yesterday (NF4702) with a current EDD of February 21st - 25th.

I don't think I did too bad with having one or two EDD pushes. Now, take this with a grain of salt but I set up the purchase as a cash buy that I just switched over yesterday. If that helped my EDD, I'm not sure. But from what I've seen on this form in the last 300 pages, it would seem so.

With all that being said, I've seen talks about people getting loans through DCU. Would anybody be willing to be a referral for me so I can check out their rates? Thank you all in advanced and good luck to everybody in getting their cars!

I'm also in NoVA. My dates shifted forward pretty significantly yesterday. Was Feb 15 - Mar 15 -> Now April 25 - May 23. (Ordered 9/3/21. Blue/Black/No FSD/19). It seems for some that dates move forward prior to VIN assignment but I won't get my hopes up.
We have the same spec and location- My dates moved this week to March 5-31. My order date is back in July. I would guess mine pushes to April- yours may be May or even later. This is assuming they do things in order which they do not so who knows....

With all that being said, I've seen talks about people getting loans through DCU. Would anybody be willing to be a referral for me so I can check out their rates? Thank you all in advanced and good luck to everybody in getting their cars!
DCU isn't doing referrals any more. The process is a bit more convoluted by gaining membership because you have an entity associated with them. There is info on the 'net. If you can't find it, DM me and I'll walk you through it.

Apparently offering to give someone a referral to DCU on this forum is verboten.

I'm leaving it alone while they work it out. The manager sounded like he knew it was bull *sugar* and he was sure they would fix it. I won't get worked up until someone says it can't be fixed. As of now it is just inconvenient for their own people.
Hi NOLA21SGuy,

Could you please PM with the contact info for the manager that worked with you on this?

It looks like Tesla has suddenly decided to start shafting those of that should be getting an even larger rebate--those of that have waited the longest. Instead of receiving the $2k (or more) that everyone else that was similarly situated has received, well, because of TESLA'S delays that have pushed our deliveries into 2022, Tesla has decided that, "Nah, let's just twist the knife" and no longer refunds the $2k.

Nice, really nice Tesla.

Hopefully someone will realize how grossly unfair and inequitable this is and reverse it soon, but with Tesla, even simple things can sometimes be difficult and time consuming . . . .

Like some others here just received a VIN earlier today. NF470 for a Blue/Black LR with 21 inch wheels, order placed 06/27/21. Pick up from Kansas City later this month.
Fist KC order I have seen. This makes me hopeful that I will get a VIN soon as I am a KC prder. I ordered a week before you and had a slightly earlier EDD.

What did you EDD narrow too?

Like some others here just received a VIN earlier today. NF470 for a Blue/Black LR with 21 inch wheels, order placed 06/27/21. Pick up from Kansas City later this month.
I'm happy to see KC orders from June starting to be delivered! My EDD has stayed at Feb 15-24 for a while now, and I'm hopeful I'll be getting a VIN soon with a pickup date in late Feb!