Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 4724xx MSM over White; Please let me know if you want any specific pictures or angles.

On the back the bottom valance is also black. I really like the new rear end.
IMG_0713.jpeg
IMG_0717.jpeg
IMG_0718.jpeg
IMG_0719.jpeg
IMG_0720.jpeg
IMG_0721.jpeg

VIN 4724xx MSM over White; Please let me know if you want any specific pictures or angles.

On the back the bottom valance is also black. I really like the new rear end.
View attachment 778795
Thanks for posting and beautiful car!

It looks like the projector surrounds and over-all trim inside the new headlight housing is black chrome. Is that what it is in person, i would love to hear if there is any actual chrome left inside the housing, or if it's all gone now.

Reactions: Mwolfe

It looks like the projector surrounds and over-all trim inside the new headlight housing is black chrome. Is that what it is in person, i would love to hear if there is any actual chrome left inside the housing, or if it's all gone now.

Yes, no chrome in the headlights.

Attachments

• FD14C98A-49B9-430B-B9BE-0A941CBCC369.jpeg
    FD14C98A-49B9-430B-B9BE-0A941CBCC369.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 73
  • A3038601-E99A-4A00-89F7-C5BE03A121A6.jpeg
    A3038601-E99A-4A00-89F7-C5BE03A121A6.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: EightYears
Are you going to let Tesla off the hook with giving you summers in Michigan? Between Tesla factory and the dealer this just shouldn't be something we need to call them out on. They should know better.
SA told me its still a national shortage on the all seasons in that 19" size for EV's. So Tesla was forced to decide in holding thousands of cars on the lot until new tires came in or sell with summers and see how many customers even noticed. My understanding: less than 10% of customers have even said anything at all..

Dont shoot the messenger/just relaying what I heard. And from a business aspect, makes sense, especially with demand through the roof and you dont have to prioritize customer service at all right now.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
I bought a M3P in December 2019 in central Ohio and it was delivered a week later with the Michelin Summer tires on the larger performance rims. It still had incredible handling and traction no matter the weather. There were only a few "bad" snow days in early 2020 and 2021, it seemed to hold up fine.

I bought a M3P in December 2019 in central Ohio and it was delivered a week later with the Michelin Summer tires on the larger performance rims. It still had incredible handling and traction no matter the weather. There were only a few "bad" snow days in early 2020 and 2021, it seemed to hold up fine.
When we bought our M3P, I knew it only came with summer tires. Picked it up in late November. Had 19’s with winter tires installed the next week. Parked it until the wheels/tires arrived. All season tires are a minimum here in MI. My preference is actual winter tires. The M3P is great in the snow with winters.

Oh there is no longer the TESLA wording on the black bar anymore?
I know everyone seems pretty pumped about the new back end, but to me it is clearly indicative of cost-cutting and standardizing the fleet, not actually improving anything substantially or helping to differentiate the Model S from the lower-priced models.

I get that the tail lights are a bit more uniformly lit up, like my wife's Model Y, but by removing the unique black bar that continued into the tail lights on both sides and by removing the TESLA lettering, the rear end will be indistinguishable from a Model 3/Y. Same thing with the new charge port. It's definitely a cheaper solution than the previous one with the cool lighted ring.

As a shareholder, it makes perfect sense to standardize these things and cut costs, but as a buyer, I just can't see the changes to the rear end as an actual improvement.

The new headlights, on the other hand, are definitely a step up and are unique to the S (I think).

Just my 2 cents...