Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery complete! Overall the car was in good shape. A few cosmetic issues that Tesla agreed to fix but nothing major to refuse delivery. The car was built 3/22 and included the new headlights, tail lights, charge port, etc.
  • Mobile connector kit and bag was included with 110v and J1772 adapters
  • Trunk parcel shelf, load floor covers, and all floor mats were included (I already had a "service visit" in the vehicle history that suggests that this was done at the local service center)
Issues (all of which Tesla agreed to fix):
  • Car was delivered with summer tires (we had snow on the ground on Monday and I expected all-weathers)
  • Driver door top trim is not aligned with passenger door
  • Small scratch on roof above right passenger door
  • Scuffs around rear screen trim
  • Trunk slightly misaligned
  • Hood slightly misaligned
Impressions so far:
  • Yoke is weird but not as weird as I was expecting -- this is now our only vehicle so I'm sure we'll either get used to it or hate it with a passion as time goes on
  • Yoke covers quite a bit of the left side of the center screen -- will need to turn it to watch stuff
  • Instrument cluster screen is useless compared to the outgoing S/X
  • Sound system is great
  • Cabin is VERY insulated from outside noise
  • AC fan in front of driver is LOUD (more of an air blowing sound than a fan sound)
  • Kids enjoy watching Youtube in the rear while rolling
Pics please so we can live vicariously through you ;)

Reactions: chrisdh79
Keep the faith! My RN1157 jumped WAY out a few weeks ago (see sig for details), but today updated to April 20-24 and "prepare for delivery." I could immediately see a VIN in source code, and a little later VIN showed in app. Then got a text from SA and an email to schedule home delivery which is on 4/24! (Sunday).

Some questions: I have the BIG MSLR refresh checklist from late 2021, but is there anything else I should be looking at for "refresh +"? I was only offered option for home delivery, anyone have any special thoughts about key items for that process? Also does anyone have experience with Payment by Certified Check for home Delivery? I've asked the SA but had no response yet. FYI, after a BIG tax bill I chose to finance via DCU. Current rate is now up to 1.99% w/DD and Tesla Discount.

Best wishes for prompt deliveries and "good cars" to all.

Delivery complete! Overall the car was in good shape. A few cosmetic issues that Tesla agreed to fix but nothing major to refuse delivery. The car was built 3/22 and included the new headlights, tail lights, charge port, etc.
  • Mobile connector kit and bag was included with 110v and J1772 adapters
  • Trunk parcel shelf, load floor covers, and all floor mats were included (I already had a "service visit" in the vehicle history that suggests that this was done at the local service center)
Issues (all of which Tesla agreed to fix):
  • Car was delivered with summer tires (we had snow on the ground on Monday and I expected all-weathers)
  • Driver door top trim is not aligned with passenger door
  • Small scratch on roof above right passenger door
  • Scuffs around rear screen trim
  • Trunk slightly misaligned
  • Hood slightly misaligned
Impressions so far:
  • Yoke is weird but not as weird as I was expecting -- this is now our only vehicle so I'm sure we'll either get used to it or hate it with a passion as time goes on
  • Yoke covers quite a bit of the left side of the center screen -- will need to turn it to watch stuff
  • Instrument cluster screen is useless compared to the outgoing S/X
  • Sound system is great
  • Cabin is VERY insulated from outside noise
  • AC fan in front of driver is LOUD (more of an air blowing sound than a fan sound)
  • Kids enjoy watching Youtube in the rear while rolling
Honestly
The instrument cluster can be used for so much more if Tesla decides to.

Would be nice to have a map overlay (without it being in navigation mode) and some other useful stuff.

Let the drivers decide what they want in front of em!

Reactions: GrnSqrl
I'm not sure the Tesla Monkey actually understands a calendar. 🐵
I think the problem is that a) the Tesla Calendar does not operate on linear time (ie arrow of time) and b) each time your EDD updates, it spawns a new node in your multiverse. The good news is that in some number of universes you may have already taken delivery!

How did you find any inventory? I never find anything
I check it constantly, all the different trackers. Oddly the car I clicked on, to see if it was still available, wasn't. So it defaulted to the Tesla inventory available in my area and there it was. It hadn't made it to the tracking sites yet. I got on the phone immediately and was assigned the VIN. So very random. It's really sad what we have to do to get a car.

Reactions: ItsMK and chrisdh79