Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was June-July. I called them and asked back in March why it slipped again and they confirmed I had a build slot in April which turned out to be true and estimated on the phone I'd have an early May delivery. They were not far off. They did tell me that they are under promising in the app now which is why all the dates went out and you should expect delivery sooner than what the app says. The sales rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable which was nice because I've called several times and that has not always been my experience. Build is White, 19", FSD, Black Interior.
It's interesting how their system works. Usually folks will see a push out a month or more before receiving their VIN. For me, my last EDD's 3/19-3/31. 4/4-5/2. 4/22-5/12, then finalized at 4/25-5/1 for delivery. So not sure what to make of this monkey run system! :rolleyes:

Reactions: bhakan
I’ll post- I got my delivery date today on April 26. I ordered the car in June 2021 with RN1151.

Interestingly things kicked into gear a few weeks ago when I updated my payment and trade in information which I had let lapse in anticipation of an early May-June EDD. About a week after that I got my VIN. It could be a coincidence or just fortuitous timing but for those who don’t have this information updated it may be a factor leading to delays.

I’ll post- I got my delivery date today on April 26. I ordered the car in June 2021 with RN1151.

Interestingly things kicked into gear a few weeks ago when I updated my payment and trade in information which I had let lapse in anticipation of an early May-June EDD. About a week after that I got my VIN. It could be a coincidence or just fortuitous timing but for those who don’t have this information updated it may be a factor leading to delays.
Wish that were the case for me. Cash and no trade since day one.

Lucky.. same config here, June 2021 with RN1151. Was holding a 04/22-05/22 delivery until they bumped me to EDD 05/10-06/14 a few weeks ago. Not going to lie, the wait is now killing me!

After 8 months and 10 EDD changes, finally have a VIN this morning! And it's actually in the original EDD range.
View attachment 792729View attachment 792730
Was contacted that my car would be available 4/20, and set up delivery appointment. Today was contacted that car was delayed in transit due to weather, any of you Midwesterners impacted? New date is 4/26. Also, anyone have a way to track a car in transit using VIN? I found some old posts but links did not work.

VIN assigned April 8th and got a text today to schedule delivery which is set for April 23rd. SA informed me that my production date was started on Mar 30th. They keep asking for final payment, but I informed them I will make payment after inspection.
I thought I could do this too - make final payment after inspection - but I was told they would need to get payment first before they can allow me to see/inspect the car.

Some more context -
-This was when I got my first vin match in Jan of this year but I rejected it over the phone, wanted the new headlight designs and all. Didn't even check out the car.
-i am in Toronto, Canada
-my loan which I got approved for in Nov 2021 was still valid then

Reactions: Ken8masters
Well we are getting close to window again. April 19-May 10. We will see if it gets moved again. Now another question. I thought I saw someplace that makes wraps for internal parts of the car. Only think about our LR I would like to change is not have the wood tone trim inside. I thought I saw a kit somewhere to cover the wood. Would prefer black to go with the white car, white interior. Going for the Stormtrooper look.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Well we are getting close to window again. April 19-May 10. We will see if it gets moved again. Now another question. I thought I saw someplace that makes wraps for internal parts of the car. Only think about our LR I would like to change is not have the wood tone trim inside. I thought I saw a kit somewhere to cover the wood. Would prefer black to go with the white car, white interior. Going for the Stormtrooper look.
Your signature says you got a VIN. Is that correct? If so when did you get it and is it a rerefresh?

Mine was pushed back today to April 18-22 after holding steading at April 8-12 for the past few weeks
Sorry for the delay but here's an update. Delivery was delayed again to April 25-29 but I got a call last Friday the 15th that the car was expected to arrive at the delivery center over the weekend and they wanted me to finalize my trade in decision. Delivery is now scheduled for tomorrow the 19th.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Your signature says you got a VIN. Is that correct? If so when did you get it and is it a rerefresh?
Ooops that needs to be edited. Had to decline that one back in February because we werent home. Funny when we declined it we got a not good email from someone in Nevada for Tesla warning us that if we declined again we would have order cancelled. We had been in contact with local delivery since last fall when we told them we needed delivery before end of 2021 or had to wait until end of March. They understood. This guy in Nevada didnt.

2nd EDD push in the past week and a half. Now showing May 23 - July 4. I sure hope this is a wacky sign that VIN is coming soon.
Very similar to me. I made it into my EDD window for the first time this month, April 8-May 6.

On Saturday the 9th, it changed to April 29-May 20.

Today it’s moved again: May 16 - June 20. Order date 6/24/2021, RN 1152. MSM/Black/19”/No FSD.

This is the first time with actual numbers with my dates that the window is > 30 days. I’d be encouraged this was a good sign, but it seems like most people get a much longer push out (2-3 months for the start date) then get their VIN within 3-5 days after.

Definitely wondering if this order is just vaporware at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Very similar to me. I made it into my EDD window for the first time this month, April 8-May 6.

On Saturday the 9th, it changed to April 29-May 20.

Today it’s moved again: May 16 - June 20. Order date 6/24/2021, RN 1152. MSM/Black/19”/No FSD.

This is the first time with actual numbers with my dates that the window is > 30 days. I’d be encouraged this was a good sign, but it seems like most people get a much longer push out (2-3 months for the start date) then get their VIN within 3-5 days after.

Definitely wondering if this order is just vaporware at this point.
Its so discouraging and there are so many factors that cause skepticism! Price increases, location, profile completeness, etc. I agree , first time for me I have a 6 week window.