Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After numerous (~6) EDD changes, finally picked her up and went straight to the shop for the works including swapping wheels and blacking out emblems. As this was likely a EOQ push, some issues including paint swirls, frunk misalignment and strut damage (frunk doesn’t stay up), gear shift panel near wireless charger has light issues. All in all, crazy to say considering price tag, but the issues not horrible.
605C0D76-A83E-4830-8D8A-E75649F4839A.jpeg

Attachments

• 62352F46-8940-4B17-9EC9-A32B5F515146.jpeg
    62352F46-8940-4B17-9EC9-A32B5F515146.jpeg
    698.5 KB · Views: 77
Very similar to me. I made it into my EDD window for the first time this month, April 8-May 6.

On Saturday the 9th, it changed to April 29-May 20.

Today it’s moved again: May 16 - June 20. Order date 6/24/2021, RN 1152. MSM/Black/19”/No FSD.

This is the first time with actual numbers with my dates that the window is > 30 days. I’d be encouraged this was a good sign, but it seems like most people get a much longer push out (2-3 months for the start date) then get their VIN within 3-5 days after.

Definitely wondering if this order is just vaporware at this point
We placed our orders for the exact same configuration on the same day, yet I'm RN1151.
I also entered one of my dozen or so EDD's in early April and a day or so into it got pushed into May/June.
Then I see the exact same configuration getting delivered to the east coast, to orders months newer than ours, it's not hard to figure out. The timing of the cars built (I'm sure Tesla is under constraint to what they can build as far as configuration, due to supply.) and the highest price order paid for said car is going to get delivered first. The pre-price increase orders will get filled eventually. But obviously if someone places a order for the same car we did and is willing to pay $20,000 more for it, they are a priority for Tesla.

Reactions: chrisdh79
We placed our orders for the exact same configuration on the same day, yet I'm RN1151.
I also entered one of my dozen or so EDD's in early April and a day or so into it got pushed into May/June.
Then I see the exact same configuration getting delivered to the east coast, to orders months newer than ours, it's not hard to figure out. The timing of the cars built (I'm sure Tesla is under constraint to what they can build as far as configuration, due to supply.) and the highest price order paid for said car is going to get delivered first. The pre-price increase orders will get filled eventually. But obviously if someone places a order for the same car we did and is willing to pay $20,000 more for it, they are a priority for Tesla.
Yes, it’s maddening for sure. I ordered while I was on vacation in Hawaii last summer, so would have been a late day order on like eastern time zone.

I just wish it was made clear that they can and would do that. I know I would have never ordered the car, had I seen how Tesla operated, in hindsight.

I remember thinking in June of last year, that Sep-Oct to get the car seemed “crazy”. Little did I know…

After numerous (~6) EDD changes, finally picked her up and went straight to the shop for the works including swapping wheels and blacking out emblems. As this was likely a EOQ push, some issues including paint swirls, frunk misalignment and strut damage (frunk doesn’t stay up), gear shift panel near wireless charger has light issues. All in all, crazy to say considering price tag, but the issues not horrible. View attachment 795011
Looking good! What size wheels did you go with? I’m taking delivery this Sat and have an appointment Mon for tints and still deciding on wheels. I’m thinking 21x9 and 21x10.5.

Congrats and enjoy the pick up this Sat. Stoked for you! I went with 20x9.0 and 20x10.5

Tires I found that fit the best were:
255/40R20 front
285/35R20 rear
Last night I grew more agitated about the lack of communication about the delivery queue and send an email to my local store, [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]. I cited this forum and asked why people ordering the same car as me in August and September 2021 when I ordered in March 2021 were getting preference. I wondered if it had to do with my lower sales price or the fact that I am paying to lease my 2018 Tesla. This afternoon I received my VIN and a congratulations from my local sales location. In fact, my car is already here. Coincidence? Maybe, but I will be very glad to get this purchase finished! My RN is 1146 with deposit March 2021 - MSLR, Wh/Bl,19", No FSD.

Hey everyone, new member here. I'm based in Vancouver, BC. Ordered my Model S/black interior/ 21" on 12/26; RN1162.
EDD pushed out 3 times. For the past few weeks it was 6/16 - 7/25. Just updated today to 7/7 - 9/1.
Feels like I won't be getting the car til next year...

Hey everyone, new member here. I'm based in Vancouver, BC. Ordered my Model S/black interior/ 21" on 12/26; RN1162.
EDD pushed out 3 times. For the past few weeks it was 6/16 - 7/25. Just updated today to 7/7 - 9/1.
Feels like I won't be getting the car til next year...
Welcome to the group! Find a seat and stay awhile! I received my VIN last week. My original EDD was estimated for April back in Sept, so I'm hoping that Fremont is catching up on orders. (Doesn't explain those who ordered before me and still waiting). What was your original EDD month?

Welcome to the group! Find a seat and stay awhile! I received my VIN last week. My original EDD was estimated for April back in Sept, so I'm hoping that Fremont is catching up on orders. (Doesn't explain those who ordered before me and still waiting). What was your original EDD month?
Thanks!

My original EDD was April - May, but changed to June-July early March. This waiting game is painful lol.

Congrats on your VIN, I've been away for a few weeks on vacation. Have any other Marylanders received VINs yet?

Congrats on your VIN, I've been away for a few weeks on vacation. Have any other Marylanders received VINs yet?
I don't think so. There's a few Marylanders here though, some who ordered before I did. I don't understand how Tesla's delivery system works.. :mad:

Just called the Owings Mills location, they told me the car should be there next week. Not holding my breath!

Reactions: JeoTes
So EDD was April 19-May 10. Well April 19 hit and EDD changed to May 3- May 24.
Order RN1153 here (LR S, MSM with black interior, 21" wheels and no FSD)--ordered July 2021. Had been sitting on an EDD of April 28 - June 7. Now I've jumped to June 5 - July 17. Getting old........darn near sold my MYP last week in preparation. At this rate, I may just end up keeping my Y--not worth the hassle or risk of getting a poor build. My Y has been bullet proof and a fun car to drive (have had it 1 year).

Order RN1153 here (LR S, MSM with black interior, 21" wheels and no FSD)--ordered July 2021. Had been sitting on an EDD of April 28 - June 7. Now I've jumped to June 5 - July 17. Getting old........darn near sold my MYP last week in preparation. At this rate, I may just end up keeping my Y--not worth the hassle or risk of getting a poor build. My Y has been bullet proof and a fun car to drive (have had it 1 year).
My main anxiety is selling / trading in old Tesla as well.

It doesn't mean anything until I have a VIN, but I figured I would share my new EDD. Hopefully, a 4/20 EDD change is lucky and it sticks.

Was 5/26 - 7/6 Now 5/9-5/30

I will keep searching inventory, but I have a rental lined up starting 5/7.
First positive post in a while.

Thanks for lifting the moral ever so slightly.

I enter my EDD tomorrow. Feeling a push is inevitable.

First positive post in a while.

Thanks for lifting the moral ever so slightly.

I enter my EDD tomorrow. Feeling a push is inevitable.
Made it to my EDD range last month. 3 days into the range was pushed back a month. Now I'm about 10 days out from my EDD range of 4/30 to 5/21.
I hope you get your car, but I do not have high confidence mine will come next month.
Let the waiting game begin🥺

Delivery complete! Overall the car was in good shape. A few cosmetic issues that Tesla agreed to fix but nothing major to refuse delivery. The car was built 3/22 and included the new headlights, tail lights, charge port, etc.
  • Mobile connector kit and bag was included with 110v and J1772 adapters
  • Trunk parcel shelf, load floor covers, and all floor mats were included (I already had a "service visit" in the vehicle history that suggests that this was done at the local service center)
Issues (all of which Tesla agreed to fix):
  • Car was delivered with summer tires (we had snow on the ground on Monday and I expected all-weathers)
  • Driver door top trim is not aligned with passenger door
  • Small scratch on roof above right passenger door
  • Scuffs around rear screen trim
  • Trunk slightly misaligned
  • Hood slightly misaligned
Impressions so far:
  • Yoke is weird but not as weird as I was expecting -- this is now our only vehicle so I'm sure we'll either get used to it or hate it with a passion as time goes on
  • Yoke covers quite a bit of the left side of the center screen -- will need to turn it to watch stuff
  • Instrument cluster screen is useless compared to the outgoing S/X
  • Sound system is great
  • Cabin is VERY insulated from outside noise
  • AC fan in front of driver is LOUD (more of an air blowing sound than a fan sound)
  • Kids enjoy watching Youtube in the rear while rolling