Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD changed again from 6/23-7/16 to 7/20-8/24 this morning. So frustrating. Model S LR PW/Cream/19" RN1155 from Aug 16, 2021. My EDD has changed within a few days of the earliest date in the window so many times that I have no confidence that it won't change again. I had plans for several trips this summer. Tesla says NOT SO FAST! Bummer!!! I feel like Charlie Brown. Every time I get close to the ball and start my kick, Lucy Tesla pulls the ball away, I fall on my back, and I crack my head.
EDD changed again from 6/23-7/16 to 7/20-8/24 this morning. So frustrating. Model S LR PW/Cream/19" RN1155 from Aug 16, 2021. My EDD has changed within a few days of the earliest date in the window so many times that I have no confidence that it won't change again. I had plans for several trips this summer. Tesla says NOT SO FAST! Bummer!!! I feel like Charlie Brown. Every time I get close to the ball and start my kick, Lucy Tesla pulls the ball away, I fall on my back, and I crack my head.
Great stuff. It’s amazing how excited you get when you’re inside that window and how fast you hit the ground after the backhand. And we get to do it again next month!

Has anyone gone to delivery without paying? I’m worried Tesla will change my delivery date if I don’t pay first, as that’s the last step required in the app.

My intention is to pay once I see the car but don’t know if Tesla will let me do that.

Has anyone gone to delivery without paying? I’m worried Tesla will change my delivery date if I don’t pay first, as that’s the last step required in the app.

My intention is to pay once I see the car but don’t know if Tesla will let me do that.
I brought a cashier's check for my down payment and a separate check for the car loan. It's never an issue to inspect the car before paying. You have every right too.

I had the same question and asked the Delivery Team (via the text they have been communicating to me with) and they told me I can pay same day but they won’t unlock the car until final payment and docs signed. I’ll take that as a happy medium personally so I can at least see the car first before paying. This will also be my first home delivery (wasn’t given an option, just said it would be that way) so I specifically confirmed that applied to Home Delivery and they said yes. Will see how Monday goes!

I had the same question and asked the Delivery Team (via the text they have been communicating to me with) and they told me I can pay same day but they won’t unlock the car until final payment and docs signed. I’ll take that as a happy medium personally so I can at least see the car first before paying. This will also be my first home delivery (wasn’t given an option, just said it would be that way) so I specifically confirmed that applied to Home Delivery and they said yes. Will see how Monday goes!
Interesting they said they won't unlock the car. Perhaps home deliveries are done differently. My wife and I were able to inspect every inch inside and out before making payment.

At least you have 24 hours to find any defects and upload pictures to the app so they can make any corrections. (Submit different tickets) Hopefully you won't have any issues!

They should let you inspect the car (inside and out) but won't let you drive away until you sign the docs and make final payment. They also won't change the status of the car to "delivered" which is important since certain features won't work until that change is made. I think it's mainly connectivity and music stuff..

They should let you inspect the car (inside and out) but won't let you drive away until you sign the docs and make final payment. They also won't change the status of the car to "delivered" which is important since certain features won't work until that change is made. I think it's mainly connectivity and music stuff..
I think it depends on the delivery center as they explicitly said no to unlocking the car. It doesn’t make much sense to me personally because I’m not likely to walk away from a car I’ve been waiting on if its sitting in my driveway. I just want to look over it for anything I don’t want to deal with having lengthy service visits (mobile-only fixes preferred) to correct. I’m cool with minor easily correctable things, or those that you can’t know about without having owned/driven it for some time, just nothing that requires a body shop to get involved basically. Everyone is entitled their own personal thresholds for sure. I will remain optimistic my new S will be amazing!

1C0959C7-8356-4D0F-9999-BB794E44A0D0.jpeg

Ordered in December. In Seattle-Red/white. Hopefully the less than 3 week window theory holds true here.

Is ACH acceptable or does it have to be cashiers check? I was hoping to just tie my bank account through the app and initiate a transfer (whatever that means). I take delivery on Sunday so I don’t want to be screwed if that’s unacceptable, or if payment has to clear.

Is ACH acceptable or does it have to be cashiers check? I was hoping to just tie my bank account through the app and initiate a transfer (whatever that means). I take delivery on Sunday so I don’t want to be screwed if that’s unacceptable, or if payment has to clear.
Two ways to do ACH.

Cancel out of Plaid and it will prompt to “other payment” which is ACH. There are threads on that topic.

Ask if you can do ACH on their computer. That’s what I did because I had issues with Plaid and they offered it.

Be careful with the App. It’s whicked stupid. It does NOT ask for confirmations. If you already purchase with Tesla in the past it may have stale info. And if you just enter the payment page (expecting confirmation or another step) it may come back and say thank you and you have no idea how it got paid.

Reactions: chrisdh79
ITS DELIVERY DAY!!! I can't believe it, after 11.5 months the day is finally here. I'm just hours from picking up my 2022 MSLR and I couldn't be more excited. I just got a text from the SA that the car arrived overnight and is ready for pickup!

Overall - despite the absolutely horrible customer service for the first 11 months... the past week since VIN assignment has been a breeze. I went the path of least resistance and got Insurance, Trade-in (M3LR), and Financing all with Tesla. The pre-delivery process was incredibly smooth and all my pre-delivery tasks are completed and I'm ready to take delivery this afternoon!

Two ways to do ACH.

Cancel out of Plaid and it will prompt to “other payment” which is ACH. There are threads on that topic.

Ask if you can do ACH on their computer. That’s what I did because I had issues with Plaid and they offered it.

Be careful with the App. It’s whicked stupid. It does NOT ask for confirmations. If you already purchase with Tesla in the past it may have stale info. And if you just enter the payment page (expecting confirmation or another step) it may come back and say thank you and you have no idea how it got paid.
I think I'll just do a cashier's check, you are scaring me lol.