Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I further my rant to you LR guys?? This is not a jab at the Plaid - like I have said before it is a phenomenal vehicle and excited for all those guys.

BUT am I the only one that feels extorted by Tesla? They are now 5 months after promised delivery for me. They give me the chance to get the the (Plaid) car within the next few months if I pay $50k more. (This is not an argument whether it is worth $50k or not). If not they will give a guy in Michigan a VIN who ordered his Plaid on 6/3.

Did I mention my account is still blank?
I have to believe that LRs should start shipping soon. How many Plaid orders can there be? I'm sure that those are far fewer relative to the LRs and so whatever "backlog" will be filled quickly. Unless of course Tesla is holding back on LR orders to create the impression of a large order backlog of Plaids??? Perception is reality after all.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I do think there will be some kind of good surprise (upgrade/change/range) coming for the LR (and maybe Plaid) in the near future - maybe later this year.

Also look at it that they are getting kinks out with the Plaids unless those sitting in the lots are in fact LR coming our way.

This "perception is reality" thing is fun...

Same - tired of the other thread and that is saying a lot. Looking forward to this picking up.
It was a different time on there a month ago, you and tiger making jokes, actual speculation about the hold up, excitement when the website was down….Harder to relate when people are willing to pay $10k to get there car in June vs August for switching trim.

edit: and damn Tesla for letting that be a thing.

Last edited:
Can I further my rant to you LR guys?? This is not a jab at the Plaid - like I have said before it is a phenomenal vehicle and excited for all those guys.

BUT am I the only one that feels extorted by Tesla? They are now 5 months after promised delivery for me. They give me the chance to get the the (Plaid) car within the next few months if I pay $50k more. (This is not an argument whether it is worth $50k or not). If not they will give a guy in Michigan a VIN who ordered his Plaid on 6/3.

Did I mention my account is still blank?
Maybe we should have a LR Delivery Date Blank thread. It would be highly populated.

I know this is crazy talk since we are discussing Tesla business practices, but besides maybe a LITTLE communication as to why the delays and they could also throw us a bone, some extra free supercharging, $500 worth of so. Not going to count on any of that obviously.

The other thread has become more of a Plaid delivery thread though I do enjoy reading @omarsultan's feedback about his car. The other discussions about SiriusXM, battery packs, etc. have left me in the dust. I'd rather be here commiserating with all the LR purchasers who've been put on the back burner. One thing noteworthy, however, is that the SA I spoke with in Torrance this morning said that it is likely going to be a door-to-door delivery of the LRs because the delivery centers won't be able to keep up with all the cars coming in (once they do). At least now there is a plan of how to move them out of the delivery center quickly.
I did reach out to my new SA today and she confirmed that despite my original pick up location in Dallas I should expect a home delivery so that is consistent with your SA’s door to door comment. Consistency is not easily found at Tesla…

Reactions: gadelrosario
I have to believe that LRs should start shipping soon. How many Plaid orders can there be? I'm sure that those are far fewer relative to the LRs and so whatever "backlog" will be filled quickly. Unless of course Tesla is holding back on LR orders to create the impression of a large order backlog of Plaids??? Perception is reality after all.
We have at least two LR members here with June dates, legend of Jim and twizzly or something like that. So we should see deliveries in the best two weeks unless those are just more false promises.

I do think they will start shipping LRs before they complete the Plaid order book, if only because certain parts specific to Plaid appear to be back ordered (CF).

First LR VIN assigned!!! 🥳

Got my VIN!!!
SW Florida MS LR Blue/Cream 19" Wheels
Ordered Oct 2020. Never really had delivery date, except for 1 week about 6 weeks ago, then it disappeared

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: June 20 - June 26​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Also look at it that they are getting kinks out with the Plaids unless those sitting in the lots are in fact LR coming our way.
I'm 100% on board with this. After seeing how half-finished the software looks on the Plaid videos I'm not quite as sad that the LRs aren't shipping yet. Hardware - I guess we'll get what we get, but the software will probably be way better by July.

I do think there will be some kind of good surprise (upgrade/change/range) coming for the LR (and maybe Plaid) in the near future - maybe later this year.

This "perception is reality" thing is fun...
Hardware or software surprise? If the former, can you give me a date so I can delay my delivery? :)

Any specific reason? Because you can't inspect / have corrections done, or another reason?
Precisely. I think we have all heard of the delivery nightmare stories (likely less than the good stories since those are not reported). But with a home delivery, I do not want Tesla to put that on me or the delivery team.

My first LR had some pretty noticeable paint and dent damage. Tesla did the right thing, but it was: “it will be ready in 45 minutes“. ”It will be ready in an hour”. “OK, looks like we are going to either send you home and have you bring it back or you can leave it here”. At that point, I had been there for nearly three hours.