Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the exception of the plaids which they are obviously pushing out as quickly as the can, there have been no real way to understand Tesla’s delivery schedule. It seems dates and blanks and all trends have been erratic.
pergaps when we start seeing a lot ofLR vins, we might have a better understanding. But Tesla has fooled Us more than once

There have been many theories/guesses regarding how to predict delivery. Almost all end up being false guesses. There is no true pattern established for deliveries yet.
Not a theory or a guess. This is directly from multiple SA's and the delivery center directly in Marina Del Rey. They say socal is delivered at end of quarter. Now whether or not they honor pre-refresh orders this time, I guess we will soon find out.

I just hope your June date holds. Then it will indicate the dates that are close have more meaning. Interesting the first VIN was assigned to a customer with no estimated delivery date.
Wow! you and i are just a day apart. My ord. 2/4/21. Rn 1144 Mine is white and black, tempest wheels but with FSD. Both of us are in Ca. My est. dates have followed the same order only you have held june for a longer time. Mine went to Blank a little over a week ago. My concern is not seeing many White exteriors being produced, but lots of Black. Could it be they don't make money on White, however they make 10k pure profit on my fsd. Who the F**k knows. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.
I was actually referring to Legend_of_jims post.

Reactions: legend_of_jim
Beginning to wonder if they are going through the queue, looking at the estimated batch schedule and starting to assign out highly estimated delivery months.
I’m as skeptical of estimated delivery dates as anyone, but I’d give more credence to a date that’s a week or two away vs. dates that are further out. Of course we will find out shortly if those “June 26-30” dates meant anything.

Is that a feeling or did they contact you? Don’t you already have a late June estimated delivery? For whatever that’s worth...

Today, for the first time in like 30+ days, my date disappeared after having June for a long time. I really need a car this month because I sold mine in March when I thought I was taking delivery then -- I have never owned a Tesla, so I just took them at their word (lesson learned). I saw that Plaid still had a June delivery date for the same config I wanted (only Plaid instead of LR), so I put an order in and am just going to see which one gets me a VIN earlier.

It's all shitty and I hate that I'm doing this, but it is what it is.

Today, for the first time in like 30+ days, my date disappeared after having June for a long time. I really need a car this month because I sold mine in March when I thought I was taking delivery then -- I have never owned a Tesla, so I just took them at their word (lesson learned). I saw that Plaid still had a June delivery date for the same config I wanted (only Plaid instead of LR), so I put an order in and am just going to see which one gets me a VIN earlier.

I hear that. I ordered just a few days before you, sold my previous vehicle at the end of March. We've been sharing our mini-van for the past several months, more than ready to get some news one way or another on a potential date. Not quite willing to try another pre-order at this point though, figure we're closer to the end than starting over would be :)

Reactions: Fwizzy

I suspect there are _some_ LR models that were built outside of validation, but if you don't land in the first batch you're probably well into Q3. The factory is going to crank out Plaid as long as there are buyers to absorb it - its common sense for the margin and the status quo for Tesla.

Good news!

I just got a call from Tesla and they said that I will definitely be taking delivery before the end of the month. They said I haven't been matched with a VIN yet but it should happen soon. They confirmed that I was ready to take delivery. Some notes:

-- They will honor the $2k discount for pre-refresh orders and it will show up on my final paperwork
-- They will honor the $8k FSD price from when I ordered in October
-- They have already delivered a Plaid (yesterday) here in LA, so it seems like more than just the initial batch from the event are going out now
-- If you are out of town you can have it delivered to a friend's house

Brunla and Fwizzy, I'm guessing you'll be hearing from Tesla soon!

Good news!

I just got a call from Tesla and they said that I will definitely be taking delivery before the end of the month. They said I haven't been matched with a VIN yet but it should happen soon. They confirmed that I was ready to take delivery. Some notes:

-- They will honor the $2k discount for pre-refresh orders and it will show up on my final paperwork
-- They have already delivered a Plaid (yesterday) here in LA, so it seems like more than just the initial batch from the event are going out now

That is incredible news! Hopefully there will be a flood deliveries over the next two weeks, both Plaid and LR. We’ll know soon whether this is just a trickle or the opening of the floodgates!

Good news!

That is amazing news! Congrats. Welp, this did not age well.
FWIW… I just spoke to someone in Fremont because I’m in a sticky situation where if I don’t apply for a loan today I won’t be able to apply again for 1 to 2 months and I wanted to make sure I was covered if there was a potential for my LR order to be delivered in the next 4 to 6 weeks. I was told nobody is getting an LR right now and they are not even in production and they are not aware when they will be in production and "it’s impossible for someone to have a VIN currently for a LR…". I let her know someone on this thread has one and she said it’s just not true. Take that’s for what it’s worth

Good news!

You're a good man, Lance. I will be on standby and will report back if I hear anything! Been working directly with the Marina Del Ray folks.

Good news!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Congrats. Waiting by the phone. LOL

I suspect there are _some_ LR models that were built outside of validation, but if you don't land in the first batch you're probably well into Q3. The factory is going to crank out Plaid as long as there are buyers to absorb it - its common sense for the margin and the status quo for Tesla.

The only solace in this is that any updates will most likely be coming to the LR's and software will be up to date (mostly) by then.

ETA: this will also gibe them a chance to actually have features in the car they advertise but do not actually installed - such as ANC.

Last edited:
The only solace in this is that any updates will most likely be coming to the LR's and software will be up to date (mostly) by then.

ETA: this will also gibe them a chance to actually have features in the car they advertise but do not actually installed - such as ANC.
Maybe we'll get lucky and get updated tail lights (still kills me they're using the same old lights on these cars)

Reactions: Lance Uppercut
Good news!

What is your configuration and RN number please?