Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok - I just posted this on the "other" thread...

Ok - I am now totally confused. My SA told me (ouch) today that it would be possibly September.

I just check my account and have a VIN (5YJSA1E5xxxxxxxxx) and date (June 26-30). One hour ago still blank now this *sugar*. WTF???

So if anyone asks: LR blue/black, 21", FSD

Ok - I am now totally confused. My SA told me (ouch) today that it would be possibly September.

I just check my account and have a VIN (5YJSA1E5xxxxxxxxx) and date (June 26-30). One hour ago still blank now this *sugar*. WTF???

Whoa what the??

Just goes to show don't believe anything you hear. This is great! Gives me hope

I feel like the ongoing trend has been - believe your account and not the SA.

but also. What a cluster fudge

I really thought today was your day. I am back to blank. Hoping the LA guys were going to get a break

Moved from NJ 2 years ago. Did you order from Short Hills? That was the only store I remember
I saw you mentioned Short Hills so I have to ask, where are you from in NJ? I grew up in Livingston.

Last edited:

Contratulations!!!!!

This is why I keep saying never trust an SA to give any viable or realistic information. They legitimately don’t know anything. I will not even call a showroom or SC ever again. They're slightly better than useless in the information realm.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS

Very happy for you!! “One of us” getting a VIN. 🎉🎊🥂

Congratulations, man. Based on this, I find myself checking my account even more than previously. I didn’t even think that was possible. Still blank.

Fyi, I just received my VIN number (again, had one a few months ago that was removed) last Thursday. After my date said August a couple of weeks ago it has slowly moved closer and today it shows

Estimated Delivery: June 19 - June 24​

And, last night I received a text saying it was my turn and a link to select a delivery appointment. Mine is a 2012 Model S LR. So, there's hope for everyone that they will start flowing!

Config??

I'm still blank. Been blank since mid May. Had a July once, August once, been blank since.

Mine is still blank. While at the local SC asking a question about my mother's incoming Y, I asked a different SA to check my account. Still nothing and I asked about the text we rec'd regarding an end June delivery. He said it was not right and to expect a July/August delivery. When I asked "really?" he then said it could be August/September even. He said there is a chip shortage they did not know about back when I ordered in January that has caused delays - they really thought they could start in February. I asked about the first S delivery at this location. They said it is scheduled to be here next week and said that person ordered it last week. They have stared since day one that the prerefresh was a priority over all orders and they confirm that to me several times (over the Plaid even). They are now saying it is priority over others of my same trim, color, specs, and delivery location - so basically means nothing.

So the bottom line is that they text things out that are not accurate and they still have no clue if/when I will get my car ordered in January prior to the refresh.

Meanwhile the A7 I was looking at sold this morning. So I am running out of options with no Tesla end in sight.

So I'm supposed to believe that a major semiconductor chip manufacturer (TSMC?) neglected to inform Tesla until February that there would be a 4-month delay in delivering chips that were supposed to be delivered by February? Give me a break. It is completely ridiculous to believe that a chip shortage is responsible for this delay. It's not even the excuse that Elon made in April, when he blamed battery fires.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Let's see if I ever get a reply.

Screenshot_20210619-193739_Messages.jpg

I saw you mentioned Short Hills so I have to ask, where are you from in NJ? I grew up in Livingston.
Lived in Llewellyn Park West Orange neighbor. Went to grade school at Newark Academy. Before I moved out here I was living in Metuchen. Happy to be away from that weather. Retired now. Playing golf 3 days a week and refreshing my Tesla account page the other 4 days. 😀

Great to see some VINs getting assigned! Would those getting them, please update the tracking spreadsheet? It helps to see if there are any configuration/location/RN patterns.

Reactions: gadelrosario