Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you picking up? I'd gladly go to Bloomington or Chicago if it meant I got mine sooner.
Picking up in Bloomington, partly because of my delivery/SA guy has been 100% honest this whole time. I knew he was good when he told me "to be honest I don't know..."...his excitement when he called me Saturday to inform me I had a VIN let's me know he's in it for us...I want him to get that first delivery of a refresh S.

Reactions: JimLL
Just ordered Model S LR on 6/12/21. Got an email from Tesla "Virtual Order Support Team" giving an expected delivery in September-October.

Vistan
Good luck. I placed my order for a S LR in April. It said July August then about two weeks ago the delivery date disappeared off my account. My sales associate does not have a answer for me.

I just posted in the other thread…but wanted to post here for us LR people

Got a great Fathers Day Gift

Got a VIN = for LR 21” Black Cream Wood

Delivery June 23-29th

: )
Happy for you. Reading the tea leaves and based on no information whatsoever, I think that the non-communication is Tesla's awful strategy to string LR purchasers along. If they 'fessed up about the true time table, that disclosure may result in an unacceptable number of cancelations. Perhaps Tesla hoped that prioritization of Plaids would result in a substantial number of LR-to-Plaid upgrades. On this forum, there have been a few but I see that more are digging in for the long wait while others have said eff it and cancelled. If this is Tesla's strategy then it sucks. Actually, whatever Tesla's motives are for handling things this way, it's no way to treat people with the wherewithal to purchase a $100k car, much less those who could purchase a $160k car and got canceled by a whimsical tweet from Elon Musk. I've emailed my thoughts to my SA asking her to kick it up the food chain. Stepping off my soapbox now.

Not only baiting them, but then forced to produce the Plaids' faster which then puts the LR people further out. This is going to cause scars. It's a head scratcher.
One more thing. It’s one thing to have an LR order and realize you are a second class citizen, what about the long suffering Plaid customers that made their orders months ago and see if you order today you can get your car by the end of the month, but your account is blank? It’s one thing if your configuration is one of those that shows an August delivery, but there’s plenty of people who ordered the same config that shows June delivery and they haven’t heard boo from Tesla. Completely unacceptable.

I guess that makes us third class customers.

My latest from Tesla. Good or bad. Seems wood is a good bet. But I'm still not hopeful for July.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210620-190638_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210620-190638_Messages.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: VM0412
I understand Tesla pushing plaids as quickly and hard as they can while there is still a backlog of plaid orders to fill as Elon wants the highest number of deliveries and profits for eoq. I am hopeful and a little optimistic that things will change starting July 1st. That gives him 3 more months to clean up all backorders LR and plaid before his next quarterly earnings.
Hopefully they will start delivering and building cars that make the most sense logistically. Although I wouldn't bank on it, I do hope they take the older orders into consideration. They simply have not shown any concern for their customers. it is very wrong. If there was another good ev company and network out there, I would have jumped off this bus. But I think Tesla is several years ahead of all other EV's. So I wait and I refresh.

I am not a happy Tesla customer.

One more thing. It’s one thing to have an LR order and realize you are a second class citizen, what about the long suffering Plaid customers that made their orders months ago and see if you order today you can get your car by the end of the month, but your account is blank? It’s one thing if your configuration is one of those that shows an August delivery, but there’s plenty of people who ordered the same config that shows June delivery and they haven’t heard boo from Tesla. Completely unacceptable.

I guess that makes us third class customers.
It’s poor analysis if Tesla considers LR purchasers second class citizens IMHO. When we’re talking about vehicles in the Model S’ price range, I believe any one of the LR purchasers could just as easily have bought the Plaid, or the arachnids, or the FSD. The question for each of us truly is is the added value of the Plaid worth the additional (now) $50K? My goal was, and continues to be, range over speed. Price was never the issue - which trim checked all the boxes was the key. That’s the LR for me - though I could have gone with the MSM instead of red.

It’s poor analysis if Tesla considers LR purchasers second class citizens IMHO. When we’re talking about vehicles in the Model S’ price range, I believe any one of the LR purchasers could just as easily have bought the Plaid, or the arachnids, or the FSD. The question for each of us truly is is the added value of the Plaid worth the additional (now) $50K? My goal was, and continues to be, range over speed. Price was never the issue - which trim checked all the boxes was the key. That’s the LR for me - though I could have gone with the MSM instead of red.
I'm in the same boat. Range is more important to me than speed. LR is fast enough. Sure everyone says it's only 20 more miles. Still. Those miles matter for me. I could do the Plaid, but I'm not interested in the extra speed. It's sad to see that there are so many sitting on the factory lot waiting. Hopefully these will get their missing parts soon and we'll all be happy in a month.

I'm in the same boat. Range is more important to me than speed. LR is fast enough. Sure everyone says it's only 20 more miles. Still. Those miles matter for me. I could do the Plaid, but I'm not interested in the extra speed. It's sad to see that there are so many sitting on the factory lot waiting. Hopefully these will get their missing parts soon and we'll all be happy in a month.
Totally the same here also, miles are key for me, every single little ones since you really don't get what is advertise and they do degrade. It makes the difference around getting to a SC with super anxiety or being able to get ~4 hours to my parents without having to stop for 40 mins or at all.

The key thing as well is that even with a MS LR, your faster than just about 99% other cars you encounter on the road still anyway.

Happy for you. Reading the tea leaves and based on no information whatsoever, I think that the non-communication is Tesla's awful strategy to string LR purchasers along. If they 'fessed up about the true time table, that disclosure may result in an unacceptable number of cancelations. Perhaps Tesla hoped that prioritization of Plaids would result in a substantial number of LR-to-Plaid upgrades. On this forum, there have been a few but I see that more are digging in for the long wait while others have said eff it and cancelled. If this is Tesla's strategy then it sucks. Actually, whatever Tesla's motives are for handling things this way, it's no way to treat people with the wherewithal to purchase a $100k car, much less those who could purchase a $160k car and got canceled by a whimsical tweet from Elon Musk. I've emailed my thoughts to my SA asking her to kick it up the food chain. Stepping off my soapbox now.

So I’ve been trying to have fun with all this and not getting too worked up, especially since I ordered just 6 weeks ago. I’m sincerely happy for each person who receives the good news of a VIN. When I ordered and got August, I was happy. When it switched to September, I was a little annoyed, but still in my desirable window. When my date vanished I tried to grin and bear it.

Now VINs are disappearing and that’s just not ok. I chose the car I chose with the options I chose, for maximum range possible. It’s down to principal now. This is my first Tesla and my first EV so I don’t know what I’m missing but I really want it. That said I won’t be manipulated into a Plaid. I will legit just go get an M5 or E63 if this is how they’re going to do things.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Someone WILL come along and build up the range and the charging network to make a substantial number of people jump ship just because they’ll have options. Tesla doesn’t care right now because they’re the best at what they do. Things change.