Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty certain it is. Even Plaids with 19s are delayed. So that’s a common denominator between LR and Plaid.

Also waiting in Houston
After seeing a new S at my local SC earlier this week, it is going to be worth the wait. Once this Q is over, LR deliveries will start to flow. Tesla is focused on delivering the more expensive Plaids this Q to maximize rev rec for the Q.

Reactions: cwanja and JimLL
Hey everyone, misery loves company so figured I'll join in on the fun. Ordered mine on 1/1 pre-refresh, black exterior, black interior, 19', no fsd, RN1143. Blank for almost 5 months, had a June1st-30th delivery for about 3 days, than blank for 2 more days, back to June for 1 day and now blank again for about 3 weeks. Hoping we start seeing some deliveries in Austin, TX. My SA has gone silent for about 3 months so this my source of information.
So just made some changes this morning: upgraded to 21" and changed color to MSM. I will update if I get any communication or changes on my account page which has been blank for about a month now.

Reactions: Leojsayta
Ok so after calling and switching my order to Arachnids last evening, my account now reflects the change...except order date NOW says "Placed 6/25" instead of "Placed 5/3". I hope I didn't screw my place in line! 🙏
I’ve been told that changes alter your MVOA not your RN number, which again I’ve been told determines your place in line. I believe giving Tesla a more profitable configuration has to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danlbrau and JimLL
My Princeton SA advised that changing order config COULD move you further back in line and advised against it. He said they are getting vehicles today but MOST are 21s.
I get the rationale, and was told the same thing when I called to make the change. But he also said they have no way of knowing for sure but the config I had was one of the most common so I shouldn't worry because there'll be a lot of them..

I read that as "we just don't really know for sure about any of it. 🤷‍♂️

Ok so after calling and switching my order to Arachnids last evening, my account now reflects the change...except order date NOW says "Placed 6/25" instead of "Placed 5/3". I hope I didn't screw my place in line! 🙏
Did the same think. On the order agreement it does show yesterdays date BUT the order number did not change. Blank delivery date currently...again.

Reactions: JimLL
Did the same think. On the order agreement it does show yesterdays date BUT the order number did not change. Blank delivery date currently...again.
I changed mine 3 days ago. My SA changed it right away. About an hour later it reflected my account and still had the same order date and number. And today delivery date went from blank to august

RN1145 NY
White, black interior, 21 FSD

I’ve had my S LR white interior ordered since 2/5/2021. Now completely no responses from anyone. I’ve got a notice my lease application expired too. Do I need to reapply now or can it wait? Will it delay anything? Any recent VIN delivery updates?

LR daily update! March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> June -> Blank -> June -> August -> June 22 - 30 -> Blank (for 5 days) -> August (day before yesterday) ->Blank(yesterday) -> August as of this morning.

It's flipping back and forth daily now. I wonder if this means something?

I also received a text message yesterday, June 24th. I bet it really means "we couldn't get you into June, we're sorry".

“Tesla Update - We expect your Model S to be built and delivered within the next few weeks. We will reach out when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment. We appreciate your patience with shifting delivery timing and look forward to delivering your Model S soon.”

Also, I received this update from my SA on June 22nd.

"On my end, I see that your Model S is forecasted to go into production soon. I just can see that there is a forecasted start date that is within 1-2 weeks. Building the car is actually pretty quick start to finish only takes a few days."

Hoping these data points will be useful for others, whether or not I get my VIN soon.. or next year lol.

I went from getting monkeyed around to my white interior has a vin
So this is strange. I have an order number of 1146 white/white, 21, FSD and my delivery estimate has been August since the delivery event. Today it changed to June 21-30 but no VIN. I'm in Portland, OR so I assume it'd be coming from Fremont. Might mean nothing but seems odd considering my order number. The bitch of it is I've been extending my lease which I was planning to do again today. Now I have questions. Might bug my SA again and report back,

So this is strange. I have an order number of 1146 white/white, 21, FSD and my delivery estimate has been August since the delivery event. Today it changed to June 21-30 but no VIN. I'm in Portland, OR so I assume it'd be coming from Fremont. Might mean nothing but seems odd considering my order number. The bitch of it is I've been extending my lease which I was planning to do again today. Now I have questions. Might bug my SA again and report back,
I don't see how to edit, sorry June 27-30 is the date range.

Reactions: gadelrosario
is there any chance the delay for 19s is because they switched colors the last minute?

FML, if so
I’m sure it has more to do with $$$ than wheel covers. It’s a bit so subtle way to increase the sales revenue.

I swear it seems like if Tesla ran a restaurant your server would ask, “would you like to add a soup or salad? No? OK, your meal will be out in 90 minutes. No promises though.”