Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arachnids. At least once they start shipping with 19s us old timers on the waiting list won’t have that much competition for production slots.
By the time the 19”s come out, I think Tesla will be shutting the lines down in preparation for the refreshed X mode. But don’t worry, Elon says they will be back in production soon after. Lol

I think they just haven’t updated the software to display the proper range based on wheel configuration. Though they’ve been inconsistent about that in the past, so maybe it will always display 405 at full charge.
My Tesla app maxes range at 375 miles at 100% charge. I have 21s so it appears the software has been updated. I keep the charge at 80% (300) now, which is more than enough for my daily use. I keep the car plugged into the wall connector when at home and have charging scheduled for midnight every day.

I’ve heard about some people keeping their Tesla plugged in even while it’s not charging..just wondering what the rationale behind that is?
Mainly following the manual (and Elon's) advice that a plugged in Tesla is a "happy Tesla". Doing this allows the car to use the wall charger to perform "routine" tasks that would typically require the 12V - theoretically saving the life of the 12V battery.

For what it is worth, I only plug mine in when needed. However, I leave it plugged in until I need to drive it again - which could be days after it is done charging.

As much as this buying and waiting process sucks, I can say I have almost forgotten about it in just the last few days of driving my new S. Hang in there...

ETA: For those new to this thread. I ordered in January. Had a VIN and had it taken away. Rec'd another VIN much later. Moved delivery a couple times. Through wire issue with funds on their end almost cancelled delivery 1 hour before. The SC did their magic and pushed it through, Delivered a few hours late but made the date.

Do not give into unfounded speculation or hype by your SA or here. The car is worth it. This is my first EV/Tesla and wish I could have done this earlier.

Last edited:
I don't really know - it seems to be one of those "best practice" recommendations so I just follow suit.

Take this for what it is worth since this is my first tesla, but I was told to always have it plugged in. The car is smart and knows when to charge. This way it will always be ready and easy to condition in the morning from the phone without using any range.