Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One week in with the LR

Fistly, yeah everybody who has seen the car loves talking about the Yoke…and I’ve had 4 or 5 friends drive it and mostly they really like the way the yoke feel and the visibility. Over all pleased with how the Yoke works, it’s actually better than a traditional wheel 90% of the time.

Biggest impressions so far;

- the 21” Arachnid’s look amazing - and the Pilot Sport 4 tires give the car a more sporty feel than my previous Model S - but a little worried about the rubber for the winter in New England - will have to do something there
- range - at 90% is mostly around 340+ but frankly its more than i could ever need so i dont pay too much attention to it
- Performance - again the Plaid folks must having a crazy time with Ludicrous mode and that incredible launch, for me the Insane mode is more than enough in fact it gets to scary speed faster than I imagined..so just for me more than enough
- oh more on performance - yes to confirm the LR has Cheetah mode but does not have the same acceleration graphics as the Plaid model - draggy shots attached where you can see the car getting into Cheetah and then the graphics - the actual run was not the best due to weather (very wet) and uphill location - ill do more later
- the redesigned interior is very comfortable, and l keep getting told now ‘looks like a luxury car’, the ventilated seats are a nice addition you can really feel the flow :)
- Cream internior color scheme to us is really nice - have had black and white before but this color really grows on you - no regrets there
- New UI on the screen is nice - and after having the Y for the last year without the drivers binnacle having that back is a big one for me - just like how navigation is on that screen
- Have to say that whilst yeah its still mostly the same old Model S body - the new lip at the front, and (very) slightly wider stance, and the 21”s make it look like something new
- Autopiliot seems pretty much identical to the Model Y in function - nothing new or improved there

Some things still missing
- Noise cancelation mode for the sound system - not a big deal really but would like it
- Dashcam viewer - this is one i wish they would update the software for as its just so practical not to have to take out the USB to view Sentry mode alerts - oh and to everybody remember that the LR (and im sure Plaid) comes with a USB in the glovebox. No need to buy an additional one (silly me)
- Backseat Screen - we dont use it a lot but would be good if the audio was able to be sent to specific Bluetooth outputs like headphones…not sure if that is coming

Overall

- Whilst I still sometimes dream about Plaid…the truth is the LR is the best package for us - the performance is still over the top of anything we need, and the looks are pretty much identical (yeah you dont get full perforated seats, but only someone who knows would see that), and the savings in $ enabled us to get this one vs not..

Next steps for me

- I’m taking it back for a wheel alignment - not that bad but really feel that it needs it - being done at no charge by the Tesla Service Center in Boston
- Its on a lease for me so not looking at PPF…i just like the Black on Black as it is.
- doing some more draggy runs in better conditions

oh and Happy 4th to all in the USA
Awesome update! Thx!

Reactions: cwanja and Jmworder
Question on financing if anyone knows: I was approved (when I almost took that MSM on EOQ day 6/30) but we decided to wait until October. Now I'm sitting with the financing waiting for me to "accept" but I won't be able to change it if I do. The rate is kind of terrible (5%). Do I have any options with that? Can I contact JP Morgan Chase to offer more down to bring down the rate, or supply my own credit union? That option of "switch to cash" or "bring your own financing" seems to be gone now. Thanks all.

Question on financing if anyone knows: I was approved (when I almost took that MSM on EOQ day 6/30) but we decided to wait until October. Now I'm sitting with the financing waiting for me to "accept" but I won't be able to change it if I do. The rate is kind of terrible (5%). Do I have any options with that? Can I contact JP Morgan Chase to offer more down to bring down the rate, or supply my own credit union? That option of "switch to cash" or "bring your own financing" seems to be gone now. Thanks all.
Damn 5% is a lot. I doubt your rate will go down if you put down more. I would go shopping at a credit union and try to get a better rate. Most places give you 30-60 days to find a car once you’ve been approved so if you have enough time, just let it expire.

Reactions: mdk89135 and JimLL
Damn 5% is a lot. I doubt your rate will go down if you put down more. I would go shopping at a credit union and try to get a better rate. Most places give you 30-60 days to find a car once you’ve been approved so if you have enough time, just let it expire.

5% in this market is wild. I would be looking for 1.5-3%.

Sam,

I see you are in Vegas - I just stopped by Telsa on Sahara and told the gal at front that I'd like to switch from the financing I set up way back in January with a Tesla preferred lender to my own (BOA). My rate given to me by Tesla at the time was 2.49%, I found BOA within the last 10 days or so a bit lower. Other than the initial credit pull back in January when Tesla financing looked and BOA when I went looking on my own, they've kept the credit pulls to a minimum. Not sure if you would be locked in to Tesla Financing right now, but worth asking if you are thinking you'd be able to find a better rate.

Tesla site is stating 2.49% currently. I would call instead of trying to take care of this online. My instinct would be to decline the financing they offered and maybe it’ll offer the cash option if you do. PLEASE do NOT take my word for it though and call and speak to a warm body.

So my bday is 7/24…coincidence? I’m kidding, of course it’s a coincidence, but it’d be badass to take delivery on my bday!!

Attachments

• DDA1C205-303D-419C-ACEA-16D60CA5FF5A.jpeg
    DDA1C205-303D-419C-ACEA-16D60CA5FF5A.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 81
5% in this market is wild. I would be looking for 1.5-3%.
Try Alliant Credit Union, they were the first initial Tesla finance partners. Have 2.29% for typical 5 year/60 mo right now I think offered. You technically just open a checking account with them also and toss $5 in it. They know how to do the funding/wire to Tesla well, etc. And you easily work with a person on the phone for a change. We used them for our Teslas in 2014/2017. Here are their current rates it seems.

APR
2 Years1.49%
3 Years1.79%
4 Years1.99%
5 Years2.29%
6 Years2.74%
7 Years3.24%

It seems like Tesla’s rates went up a bit - I’ve refreshed twice in the past 6 months, and my rates with them were 2.19, 1.85, and 2.49 respectively all with Chase, and other offers I’ve seen have been in the 1.8-2.75 range these days. Sucks I lost the 1.85 that only expired 14 days ago I didn’t mess with it because it comes to like $400 on the life of the loan and I’m so close to delivery I’d rather not mess things up.

5% is a bit of a penalty rate these days - I’d also double check your credit report and application and see if something hasn’t crept on there affecting it. If you have some time until delivery, having them switch to third party financing takes 5 minutes and shouldn’t be a problem. You can also email [email protected] I believe if you find a better rate, but it has to be the exact same terms.

Navy Federal also has decent rates if you’re eligible for them.