Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just asked my SA about changing from 19s to 21s and was told doing so now would cause me to forfeit the $2k discount from the pre-refresh order. And that was after initially saying “not sure, let us double-check”, then running it up the chain for confirmation.

I really wish we knew more about those silver tempest wheels. Gonna be a bummer if I hold steady trying to save $2k, then wind up waiting until August AND I get assigned a vehicle with silver Tempest.

Reactions: Zaker89 and GrnSqrl
Just asked my SA about changing from 19s to 21s and was told doing so now would cause me to forfeit the $2k discount from the pre-refresh order. And that was after initially saying “not sure, let us double-check”, then running it up the chain for confirmation.

I really wish we knew more about those silver tempest wheels. Gonna be a bummer if I hold steady trying to save $2k, then wind up waiting until August AND I get assigned a vehicle with silver Tempest.
Worst case in that scenario, you use the $2k to get you some better aftermarket rims, or powder coat them (which is what I am planning to do if I get the silver versions). Buying from Tesla is best described as a series of Sophie's Choices that may or may not improve your place in line, since the HQ comms are so terrible.

Tesla randomly called and said if I wait 24-48hrs (possibly longer) I could get the 2k discount since it needs “manager” approval. I declined, I can’t wait any longer. So sad that they are just now looking into this as soon as I have a pickup date, like they couldn’t establish this months ago? I am pushing for them to send me a check after delivery but was told it was to be prior to delivery.

I advise folks to ask their SA to start that approval process early if you are expecting a prerefresh discount
Dang, for $2k I would wait another 24-48H lol

agreed and I need a vehicle asap. Hit a cool 101 in the cay today that lost AC a week ago. No call back still from only rep I can get on phone about changing the wheels. Amazing their reluctance to give back the 2k. They are really doing pre refresh people dirty.

I was supposed to pick up last week, but they pulled VUN at the last minute. Said there were problems with the car and they would not deliver it to me. Waiting for a new VIN now. Hope it is soon. Had October order. I told them I would take 21" wheels if it sped it up

I was supposed to pick up last week, but they pulled VUN at the last minute. Said there were problems with the car and they would not deliver it to me. Waiting for a new VIN now. Hope it is soon. Had October order. I told them I would take 21" wheels if it sped it up
Curious, did you ever go to the delivery center to look at the cars to see if the VIN provided was there? And if so, did it have silver tempest wheels?

Curious, did you ever go to the delivery center to look at the cars to see if the VIN provided was there? And if so, did it have silver tempest wheels?
I did go there, my car was not there. They told me it was at the auto service center, I guess they sent it there right after delivery. I retrospect there was something going on with it from the beginning. I am piecing together info, I suspect the car was damaged in transport or was transported damaged, but it sounds like a serious problem. But I never saw the car. Before it got here, they did show me tracking, and it appeared it was on the way. I do believe them. They have been very good about keeping in touch, except for the long quiet time January to May. Delivery date completely blank now.

Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
I did go there, my car was not there. They told me it was at the auto service center, I guess they sent it there right after delivery. I retrospect there was something going on with it from the beginning. I am piecing together info, I suspect the car was damaged in transport or was transported damaged, but it sounds like a serious problem. But I never saw the car. Before it got here, they did show me tracking, and it appeared it was on the way. I do believe them. They have been very good about keeping in touch, except for the long quiet time January to May. Delivery date completely blank now.
Hope they work asap to get you anew!

Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
I would too, but with Tesla you give them wiggle room and you risk them delivering it to someone else. Too many stories on this forum where people wired funds and the car was sold to someone else before they could get to the DC and sign the purchase agreement. Probably more of an EOQ issue but old habits die hard!

Well it happened.

Delivery was a decidedly straightforward affair. No drama, and strangely, almost no words.

All I can do is just echo what everyone else has said:

-Fit and finish is better than expected, but maaaybe could use a little more attention. My trunk is maybe 1mm lower on the driver side, and some of the wood trim feels a little rough. Photos attached. Will try and get that rectified. I am not one to obsess about millimeters though. The biggest issue I have is my driver’s side mirror vibrates a good amount. Will have a service call for that.

-Yoke is gonna take some getting used to. I definitely grabbed the nonexistent top of the wheel. But I feel i’ll be fine in a couple days.

-Acceleration is wooooooooow. I’ve only put it in sport, and coming from an Acura it’s.. an entirely different kind of machine. You literally are at 90 without knowing it.

-The car is QUIET. Even without the ANC.

-It feels a lot nicer than the last gen. We drove my brother’s 2018 Raven to pick it up, and honestly the interior comparison is night and day.

Attachments

• 57B2D5AD-3BDC-4C74-8D35-B80D7A3B6867.jpeg
    57B2D5AD-3BDC-4C74-8D35-B80D7A3B6867.jpeg
    547.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 1FBD1DFE-24B9-44EA-9865-57AA71E63877.jpeg
    1FBD1DFE-24B9-44EA-9865-57AA71E63877.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 72
  • C0B57AFD-1803-4045-A00D-5DDE5E87F28C.jpeg
    C0B57AFD-1803-4045-A00D-5DDE5E87F28C.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 9424C5AA-08C3-4F0B-AEE7-A7B514F75655.jpeg
    9424C5AA-08C3-4F0B-AEE7-A7B514F75655.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 71
  • C3F9E0CE-5480-42E9-9F2E-6C8F94D87465.jpeg
    C3F9E0CE-5480-42E9-9F2E-6C8F94D87465.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 3ACB56FC-67DC-459A-94FD-29769D216DD5.jpeg
    3ACB56FC-67DC-459A-94FD-29769D216DD5.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 72
  • BA1118B1-53B4-48C1-A30D-ECA8CBCA0C9C.jpeg
    BA1118B1-53B4-48C1-A30D-ECA8CBCA0C9C.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 70
Well it happened.

Delivery was a decidedly straightforward affair. No drama, and strangely, almost no words.

-Fit and finish is better than expected, but maaaybe could use a little more attention. My trunk is maybe 1mm lower on the driver side, and some of the wood trim feels a little rough. Photos attached. Will try and get that rectified. I am not one to obsess about millimeters though. The biggest issue I have is my driver’s side mirror vibrates a good amount. Will have a service call for that.

-Yoke is gonna take some getting used to. I definitely grabbed the nonexistent top of the wheel. But I feel i’ll be fine in a couple days.

-Acceleration is wooooooooow. I’ve only put it in sport, and coming from an Acura it’s.. an entirely different kind of machine. You literally are at 90 without knowing it.

-It feels a lot nicer than the last gen. We drove my brother’s 2018 Raven to pick it up, and honestly the interior comparison is night and day.
Congratulations! 🥳

Reactions: mikes_fsd and ct101
Well it happened.

That's beautiful. Congrats. I'm a 1144 order number (2/3/21), so I'm hoping I'm only a month behind ya. In the meantime, I and many others are living vicariously though you!! :)