Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't need the car asap, stick with 19's. There will be plenty of aftermarket options that are lighter and stronger for the same price. 4500 for a set of heavy cast wheels is kind of pricey. I would rather get a nice set of forged 20" wheels when they come out.
Thanks a few of ya'll talked me out of it. I definitely want to range/19s and since I don't need the car until late September into October actually I'm good with the wait. Finding a good forged custom set of wheels that are light do sound like the way to go if want to upgrade anyways.

Reactions: SegSeg and GrnSqrl
Well after 9 months of waiting, grey hairs, and a lot of anxiety.... my car was born at 4:30 AM this morning and is being put on a truck later today. Delivery on Sunday. Finally! (PS - changing to 21's works and didn't put me further back in line.)

Awesome! I can’t wait to say the same…. around Halloween! HAHA!!

Well after 9 months of waiting, grey hairs, and a lot of anxiety.... my car was born at 4:30 AM this morning and is being put on a truck later today. Delivery on Sunday. Finally! (PS - changing to 21's works and didn't put me further back in line.)
Did you already have a VIN or did the "born date" give you said VIN? I only ask because mine simply says "July" like your status.

Ordered 4/25 with 10-14 weeks estimate (if I remember the estimate correctly).
  • Model S Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Went blank for about a week in early-June, then started showing August since then. Added FSD on today and it still showing August. August 1st would be 14 weeks from date of order.

Did you already have a VIN or did the "born date" give you said VIN? I only ask because mine simply says "July" like your status.
I went from blank to July a week ago and got a VIN through email this morning. I asked my SA the build date and he said it was finished this AM at 4:30. I didn't want one of the ones sitting on the lot for months.

I went from blank to July a week ago and got a VIN through email this morning. I asked my SA the build date and he said it was finished this AM at 4:30. I didn't want one of the ones sitting on the lot for months.
They probably finished this morning by swapping the silver tempests for the 21s. Lol

Congrats. Good luck

Tesla randomly called and said if I wait 24-48hrs (possibly longer) I could get the 2k discount since it needs “manager” approval. I declined, I can’t wait any longer. So sad that they are just now looking into this as soon as I have a pickup date, like they couldn’t establish this months ago? I am pushing for them to send me a check after delivery but was told it was to be prior to delivery.

I advise folks to ask their SA to start that approval process early if you are expecting a prerefresh discount

Picking up today at 3pm

1/10, msm, white, 21s. No discount on my final paper work. Can some else just send me 2k? I don’t feel like fighting Tesla for it
Hi @hopedope Checking in with you to confirm you picked up your car. Did you get it?
🤞

I was in the same situation. Really like the looks of 21s, and the prospect of getting the car sooner since 19s are a hold out, but I also wanted range and $4.5K savings. I ended up placing another order with 21" wheels, and worst case I lose $100, and best case I get a better looking car sooner. :)
With a June order you're likely still in the October range for either of those configs 😥
The 19s will be flowing by the time you're scheduled.

Reactions: Jet007
With a June order you're likely still in the October range for either of those configs 😥
The 19s will be flowing by the time you're scheduled.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if I get anything by October for either configs. But I'm hedging against the scenario where 19" wheels will be pushed to Dec or next year due to earlier orders being filled. Also, they'll ramp up production of Model X and overseas orders for Model S. For some reason, I feel 21" configs will be delivered sooner than 19" even for June orders like mine.

Reactions: doubleshot
Yeah, I'd be surprised if I get anything by October for either configs. But I'm hedging against the scenario where 19" wheels will be pushed to Dec or next year due to earlier orders being filled. Also, they'll ramp up production of Model X and overseas orders for Model S. For some reason, I feel 21" configs will be delivered sooner than 19" even for June orders like mine.
Ironic that your earlier order with 19s does not have an EDD, yet your newer order with 21s does.

My 19s holding steady at October.

Reactions: Jet007
Oh I'm sure. Everyone can probably now bet on getting 19's starting in a week! LOL (Although I was told August by several people at different service centers which is why I switched.)
Congrats on the delivery finally! How long after you changed to the 21's did you receive a vin? Finally got someone on the phone today and was told when they look on back end it says ready to be built and did I really want to change as they were fairly confident all orders before March were coming july/august

Oh I'm sure. Everyone can probably now bet on getting 19's starting in a week! LOL (Although I was told August by several people at different service centers which is why I switched.)
Well, for what it’s worth, my Jan LR with 19s is holding steady with a blank EDD for six weeks now, while my Plaid order from 7/6 with 19s is showing EDD July. So we shall see soon if the 19s are starting in a week.

Reactions: GrnSqrl and cwanja