Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who would put All Season tires on a Plaid or 21" rims? Makes no sense.

Get a dedicated set of winter rims/tires if you live in a snowy area.
This is a LR thread, not plaid, which is why I mentioned all-seasons. I leased a BMW M550 that had 21” all seasons that were great. I changed tires once during that lease. Would not make a lot of sense to buy two sets of wheels/tires for a lease if you don’t have to. Some people will lease the Model S LR (for a business dedication as 179 doesn’t apply to the S)… and those who live in a place with winters may prefer AS. Also delivering a car in 0 degree weather with summer tires is bizarre to me. Perhaps I’m the only one who feels this way.

Reactions: MaxPain and Drew-MS
CROSS POSTED FOR ANYONE THAT CARES
So not sure anyone cares but... I have a friend that works in detailing at my local Tesla. He said they are rapidly getting cars in, i ordered November of last year and still dont have a car. If we didnt know, i can safely say that order date absolutely does not matter at all. He said they get up to 10 cars a week in for several weeks now. I dont want to say i ordered before everyone in my city, but i have to be up there.
Did you finish all the profiles and payment methods on the day one you have ordered?

Don’t feel bad. I’ve had a VIN for weeks now and my delivery date (3 day window) moves back EVERY day for the last two weeks. They even drafted full payment out of my account on 7/12 so i’m pressuring my SA WTF pay me interest or give me my money back until day of delivery. I set up the bank account as instructed but did NOT authorize any transaction 🤬
That's brutal. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a discernible pattern in the way the EDDs are setup.

Would you mind elaborating? I’m very curious and have been researching this topic heavily.
While the old sizing setup may not be optimal for the refreshed model - I’m not seeing anything dangerous or a non-fitment issue if I were to already own a previous winter setup.

This thread has some good info: Vendor - Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.
(I hope my linking worked correctly)

I’m toying between a 255/45R19 winter set square set up on new martain wheels or putting slightly higher cost staggered winters on the factory 19’s. Thanks!
You said it the sizing will not be optimal for the refreshed S. I wouldn’t do it but you obviously can choose whatever you want to do.

Reactions: An Introvert
question of the day. I apologize to all those who dont think this fits the category, but im bored sitting around waiting for my car...
why is the model S plaid so much more than LR? Model X Plaid Tri Motor 119,990 (25k more than base), Model S Plaid Tri Motor 129,990 (45k more than base)cyber truck with tri motor 69,990 (30k more than single motor base, 20k more than double motor which i feel is more comparable)

What I am getting at, is how is a base model x is 10k more than our s, but at plaid the S is more expensive than the S, isnt it the exact same upgrade.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
question of the day. I apologize to all those who dont think this fits the category, but im bored sitting around waiting for my car...
why is the model S plaid so much more than LR? Model X Plaid Tri Motor 119,990 (25k more than base), Model S Plaid Tri Motor 129,990 (45k more than base)cyber truck with tri motor 69,990 (30k more than single motor base, 20k more than double motor which i feel is more comparable)

What I am getting at, is how is a base model x is 10k more than our s, but at plaid the S is more expensive than the S, isnt it the exact same upgrade.
The former price of model s plaid was 119,990. Model X plaid price will go up for sure in the future

Reactions: KyleDay