Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about trade-ins. Is it an on-line exercise to see how much Tesla would offer for my current ride, and then I can decide if I am going to try to offload it via a private sale or go through with the trade-in, or am I stating some kind of commitment when I start the process with Tesla?

Question about trade-ins. Is it an on-line exercise to see how much Tesla would offer for my current ride, and then I can decide if I am going to try to offload it via a private sale or go through with the trade-in, or am I stating some kind of commitment when I start the process with Tesla?
no commitment. I entered my trade in info, they offered me 40% less than Carvana, I clicked no trade in and completed the rest of my account.

No commitment. Tell your SA you want a trade-in valuation on your current vehicle. They will make you an offer and you can accept or decline.

Reactions: Air Wind
I added my Toyota Avalon as a trade for $14.8k but continue to dig and was offered $19.1k at AutoNation. Sold it then texted my SA. They removed the trade in no questions asked. It sat on my Tesla account for weeks before I had them pull it

Ordered our Model S Long Range 1/28/2021. Updates in Tesla Account were all over the place for 5 months... Received a number of texts at end of June that delivery day was approaching. Got car has finished production and ready to be delivered text on 6/30 (took delivery that day by settling paperwork at 10pm online- they wanted to make another Q2 sale before midnight...), picked up next day 7/1.

Good luck to everyone still in the waiting game, wait is WORTH IT!

IMG_6026.jpg

You can decide to reject their offer without issue. Tesla offered me about HALF what Carmaxx and other places were offering. Kind of insulting.

Would you mind elaborating? I’m very curious and have been researching this topic heavily.
While the old sizing setup may not be optimal for the refreshed model - I’m not seeing anything dangerous or a non-fitment issue if I were to already own a previous winter setup.

This thread has some good info: Vendor - Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.
(I hope my linking worked correctly)

I’m toying between a 255/45R19 winter set square set up on new martain wheels or putting slightly higher cost staggered winters on the factory 19’s. Thanks!
I’m with you on this. I ordered 3rd party wheels in February when I thought I was receiving my car in March as was originally stated. Based on my research and speaking to a local body shop the bolt pattern for the wheels has not changed. From what I understand and have been told a square configuration with the tire sizes you mentioned will work. I suppose will know for sure once the 19”s are actually delivered and I take the car to get the aftermarket wheels put on.

Technically it’s here. But it’s not the same wheels with the T logo in the center cap
Post in thread '2021 Refresh S LR Delivery Tracking'
2021 Refresh S LR Delivery Tracking

That is one of two images posted in the recent weeks
That is yet another undated, unlabeled Yeti sighting.

We need to hear about VINs and actual deliveries firsthand.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e and Jjc8
This is a LR thread, not plaid, which is why I mentioned all-seasons. I leased a BMW M550 that had 21” all seasons that were great. I changed tires once during that lease. Would not make a lot of sense to buy two sets of wheels/tires for a lease if you don’t have to. Some people will lease the Model S LR (for a business dedication as 179 doesn’t apply to the S)… and those who live in a place with winters may prefer AS. Also delivering a car in 0 degree weather with summer tires is bizarre to me. Perhaps I’m the only one who feels this way.
Doesn’t matter, all season tires do not belong on a car like that. Why do you want to ruin handling ability of your car pretty much all year around?

If you intend on driving the car in snowy conditions get snow tires. Wheel and tire set is not going to be that expensive and you’ll have the best tire for the season.

“As long as the temperature isn't too cold, summer tires generally perform better than both winter and all-season tires in wet and dry conditions. But it is important to note – for your safety – summer tires should not be driven in winter conditions.” -Tire Rack

Last edited:
I have a Black/White/19" ordered mid December RN1142 that I had not heard anything about since ordering. It was going to be a Christmas present for my wife! I was told it would be 8-10 weeks! and I believed them. Never heard of a "refresh". Foolish me.
I never received an estimated date, no VIN, no email or calls since I ordered. I called yesterday complaining and woke up this morning with a JULY estimate. Is that coincidence after so much time, or does it just look like they are just filling 19" orders. I don't know.

My question for you experts: We are taking a 7 hour trip out of state pretty soon. How long would you want to have possession of the car before you embarked on a long trip? Its not like taking off in a new ICE. Im pretty technical (recently retired engineer) and I have leaned a lot from reading you guy's posts but there is definitely a learning curve. Like I've never touched a yoke.
I would probably feel comfortable with a week to get acquainted. But would I take 2 days? How about one day?
In 2016 I picked up my first Tesla at the factory in Fremont. Drove it home to Illinois over the next week. No previous experience except a test drive. I highly recommend just jumping in and driving!