Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering this myself. I hope I’m not going backwards for night time driving
Its definitely a step backwards in night time driving. IIHS rates the model 3 "Good" which is their best score for headlights. Meanwhile the 2021 model S (theoretically using the same headlights as the refresh) rates "Poor" which is their worst rating. Below are the charts for headlight performance.
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 7.47.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 7.47.31 AM.png

Reactions: VikH
Its definitely a step backwards in night time driving. IIHS rates the model 3 "Good" which is their best score for headlights. Meanwhile the 2021 model S (theoretically using the same headlights as the refresh) rates "Poor" which is their worst rating. Below are the charts for headlight performance. View attachment 690970View attachment 690971
Thanks for the info. Really disappointing that they didn’t fix this issue and update the headlights to at least be on par with the MS

Its definitely a step backwards in night time driving. IIHS rates the model 3 "Good" which is their best score for headlights. Meanwhile the 2021 model S (theoretically using the same headlights as the refresh) rates "Poor" which is their worst rating. Below are the charts for headlight performance. View attachment 690970View attachment 690971
I feel like after seeing photos of the headlights, they seem different. Has any one definitively confirmed that they did not change in anyway?

To be honest, I also had no issues in my 2019 Raven Model S LR. Guess my eye sight sucks hahah

I feel like after seeing photos of the headlights, they seem different. Has any one definitively confirmed that they did not change in anyway?

To be honest, I also had no issues in my 2019 Raven Model S LR. Guess my eye sight sucks hahah
The part number in the EPC is the same which is why we have assumed they are the same. I have no idea though.

I can say in my MYP, the headlights were noticeably amazing. Like everyone commented on how good they were. I would really hope the more expensive MS LR would be a step up from that.

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja

I’ve never driven a MS before so I don’t know how bad the headlights actually are, but I’m pretty particular with lighting and will be able to tell you if they truly do suck once I take delivery

Alright all. A little hope for you all still waiting and have less then stellar SA's. I ordered in Feb and did the whole song and dance for months even getting a narrowed down delivery date range just to have all that disappear. This was when I started to think of other options. I located a few other Tesla Stores near me and called in the morning on Friday asking if there was any in stock Model S's AKA Refused deliveries for whatever reason the buyer chose not to get the car, the car is perfect. I was lucky enough to have had a manager answer when i called a different location and she offered to put me down for the "Right to first refusal". Literally a few hours later i got a call from my SA explaining that she called him and they had an almost identical match but rather then blue it was MSM. They were able to tie the VIN to my account and said I would have to pickup the car in 3 days. Well Needless to say, they set me up for a delivery appointment yesterday morning and I finally got the car!
Like everyone else said before, it is worth the wait and frustration. It does not forgive Tesla for the antics and lack of communication but, It feels much better now. Hope this info can help others in the same boat! Cheers all!
788D1F5E-AEED-46AC-96C9-FA36DEF35144.jpeg
75D28FC9-7668-43D7-B64A-AACD1F861007.jpeg

Alright all. A little hope for you all still waiting and have less then stellar SA's. I ordered in Feb and did the whole song and dance for months even getting a narrowed down delivery date range just to have all that disappear. This was when I started to think of other options. I located a few other Tesla Stores near me and called in the morning on Friday asking if there was any in stock Model S's AKA Refused deliveries for whatever reason the buyer chose not to get the car, the car is perfect. I was lucky enough to have had a manager answer when i called a different location and she offered to put me down for the "Right to first refusal". Literally a few hours later i got a call from my SA explaining that she called him and they had an almost identical match but rather then blue it was MSM. They were able to tie the VIN to my account and said I would have to pickup the car in 3 days. Well Needless to say, they set me up for a delivery appointment yesterday morning and I finally got the car!
Like everyone else said before, it is worth the wait and frustration. It does not forgive Tesla for the antics and lack of communication but, It feels much better now. Hope this info can help others in the same boat! Cheers all!
View attachment 690995View attachment 690996
Stories are rare, but the happen. I have been poking the two service centers in my location in hopes for getting a customer refusal or decline. Semi-flexible on the configuration.

Happy you got one! Enjoy it!

Reactions: Waverider317