Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I find out this is happening I will cancel my order immediately. I can (barely) handle the constant under-delivering on promises. But to fulfill new orders first is a stop too far.
All things point to this, except the fact that old white interior orders are not delivering and are pushing back until February. If you find that newer white interiors MSLRs are going out the door to more recent orders, then yes, they are prioritizing higher priced cars for sure.

I'll save you the trouble and test this theory out for you 😂
Definitely, we are similar with our orders but mine are a bit earlier than yours even.
  • My white/white is EDD February like yours. Was my earliest RN1150 order. <--- before price increase, EDD Feb :-(
  • My other white/cream, that placed days ago is already December 10-30.
  • My other blue/cream, I just changed it to today from MSM/white - so I anticipate it will move forward into December (perhaps earlier I hope). If that is the case, it is definitely the white interior making the February late impact. But both of my cream interiors are also more $$$ builds.

If I find out this is happening I will cancel my order immediately. I can (barely) handle the constant under-delivering on promises. But to fulfill new orders first is a stop too far.

If that were true, my pre-refresh car with 2k discount would not have an estimated date lol. Doesn't seem like my car with a 12k loss is being any less prioritized. It really does seem to come down to configs and what they're building in batches. White interior seems to be the only thing that would hold anyone back.

Last edited:
SLR | Black | White/Black | 19" | SLR | RN1143 | 2/10/21

No delivery dates ever posted online for my Model S until July 10-11 when Tesla posted "Estimated Delivery: July". Two days of bliss ended when the entire line was removed and no delivery date has been shown since. Tesla wall connector was installed in March... still waiting.

My EDD has finally been reposted: October 16 - November 05. I'll pickup in Raleigh, NC.

Tesla also sent an email expressing an "apology" for the delay.

SLR | Black | White/Black | 19" | SLR | RN1143 | 2/10/21 | EDD 10/16 - 11/5

Many of us are seeing fairly tight EDDs in the very near future for cars with 19" wheels (mine included!), but still, no one has received a LR with 19" wheels yet, correct? It's hard to take these EDDs seriously if no 19" cars are being delivered yet. That would be quite the steep manufacturing start-up curve, akin to going from 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds.
Doesn't appear so but one was spotted on a trailer for delivery so they are definitely coming.

Many of us are seeing fairly tight EDDs in the very near future for cars with 19" wheels (mine included!), but still, no one has received a LR with 19" wheels yet, correct? It's hard to take these EDDs seriously if no 19" cars are being delivered yet. That would be quite the steep manufacturing start-up curve, akin to going from 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds.
Well, the process of slapping on 19” wheels isn’t a complicated step. Once they have them available it shouldn’t require a learning process to install them.

Reactions: Vinny860
I am still thinking … I dont think i can justify a $10,000 price increase for this black/black model s LR that is available now. However, I got until Saturday of this weekend to take delivery of it. Before all of you say “can I get it?” My SA already has like 29 other people behind me wanting this same exact config. So sadly no you can’t :(

Plan: Let me see how financing goes. They want a little higher interest rate than what Tesla offers but I am willing to do it no matter what. I just need to relax and drink some wine. Then think… “is it really worth $10,000?“ “Can I just save $10,000 by not jumping the gun on this car?”

So we will see. Plus I don’t have a car.

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja