Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, our earliest EDD slipped by one day, but our latest EDD also moved up by one day. At 13 days, our EDD range is now under two weeks.

61 days as of January: EDD March - April
31 days as of July: EDD July
15 days as of August 7th: EDD August 22 - September 05;
21 days as of August 10th: EDD August 26 - September 15;
20 days as of August 12th: EDD August 24 - September 12
15 days as of August 13th: EDD August 25 - September 08
15 days as of August 14th: EDD August 26 - September 09
13 days as of August 15th: EDD August 27 - September 08

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels

Sorry to be a Debbie-downer, I love obsessing over our new toys as much as anyone else (heck, this is my 5th Tesla since 2013), but why do people need to post every single time their EDD changes by a single day, when their estimate is well over a month away. I mean, really? Is it so astonishing that an EDD has some insignificant margins of error? If a date changes by weeks, I get it, and that is of interest to the community. Changing from October 11th to October 10th is essentially unchanged. We are all excited, but maybe some of us need to chill just a bit.

Sorry to be a Debbie-downer, I love obsessing over our new toys as much as anyone else (heck, this is my 5th Tesla since 2013), but why do people need to post every single time their EDD changes by a single day, when their estimate is well over a month away. I mean, really? Is it so astonishing that an EDD has some insignificant margins of error? If a date changes by weeks, I get it, and that is of interest to the community. Changing from October 11th to October 10th is essentially unchanged. We are all excited, but maybe some of us need to chill just a bit.
This thread has become a huge waste of time, its no new news just everyone repeating the same thing!

Sorry if I’ve offended you or anyone else, but—after placing an order at the beginning of January and expecting delivery within 6-8 weeks—any indicator of progress is exciting. After waiting for almost nine months instead of only two months, even small bits of news are interesting if they collectively suggest that there is actual progress toward getting accurate information and maybe deliveries that we’ve been awaiting for a long time. (Our EDD range now begins within two weeks, so I hope that is more informative than changes to an October EDD range might be.)

Haha I was thinking the same thing...and then posted my update. :p Mainly cause I was like everyone else is updating so might as well...its like a snowball effect. :D

Finally took delivery late on Aug 6 then immediately left for an overseas business trip, so just now able to spend some time with the new "S"
OK - I take back all the SH$T I said about the "Mother Co.", this car is amazingly quick. While I'm sure the Plaid is awesome, I cant imagine ever needing any car THAT quick. There are a few minor details - gap spacing, trim, etc - all should be handled with my pending service call.

Guys and Gals - be patient. This is an amazing automobile.
She looks pretty for sure :) What was your RN# & when did you book ?

heck, glad you speak for the community.

Sorry if I’ve offended you or anyone else, but—after placing an order at the beginning of January and expecting delivery within 6-8 weeks—any indicator of progress is exciting. After waiting for almost nine months instead of only two months, even small bits of news are interesting if they collectively suggest that there is actual progress toward getting accurate information and maybe deliveries that we’ve been awaiting for a long time. (Our EDD range now begins within two weeks, so I hope that is more informative than changes to an October EDD range might be.)
Ha this is a “Delivery Tracking” thread so your data points are perfectly valid IMHO. Easy enough for someone to swipe by them versus complaining.

The Tesla delivery center in Tampa is slowly getting Model S Plaid and LR units, all color exterior and all color interior – I have yet to personally see any 19” wheels as all that I have seen are 21” - Most all the delays are directly related to supply issues per the Tesla representative I talked to - In any given week, a customer opts out of a delivery so if the moons align, there is a chance you can get a surprise call for a Model S without an owner

That’s what I thought, given I have an identical config with someone on the east coast and a date range of Sept 14-30. Then it occurred to me the first of that run will be shipped east, and since I’m a Fremont pickup I’ll probably get the last of that production run since they can deliver mine right up until Sept 30. And of course after pushing vacation dates back all year I finally settled on Sept 21-30. So I’m probably screwed.
I have the same config as you, but on the East Coast. RN 1142 EDD changed to Nov 9 to Nov 29.

Reactions: DCland21
I saw something interesting in my buddy’s LR yesterday. The windows seem fine, but the rubber at the edges where they meet shied me the rear window, driver’s side leading edge was perfect (the way the window compressed the rubber) but the driver’s front window trailing ledge seemed to show the rubber extending beyond the window and then going under it. Not exactly twisted, but clearly not optimal. I may take photos if I remember

Reactions: Jjc8
I also struggle with the homelink. Try standard mode. Push your garage door opener repeatedly when prompted until the heads light flash. I did it a couple inches away from the Tesla logo on the front of the car. Then hit the program button on the garage opener motor once prompted. It worked on the first try for me.
I can’t even get to that point. When I try to program I get the screen that says start, a spinning circle and then it stops there. Won’t progress further.

This thread is called "2021 Refresh S LR Delivery Tracking"
Hence the updates to EDD. Lol.