Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for you guys in cold weather states. Delivery with Summer Tires.?.?

My LR 21" has been pushed back to roughly end of November from September. I live in The Denver Metro area and we get cold and snow.

Pretty sure it is what it is but how do you all handle delivery of a vehicle with summer tires that should be not be driven or kept in weather below 40 degrees. The Tesla center I will be delivered to does not have indoor storage as far as I know. I guess It will require a little bit of luck with the weather but I am keeping my fingers crossed that when the car arrives it's not a blizzard out and freezing. I do not want to damage my tires/vehicle.

I do put snow tires on all my vehicles and I planned to do something with the Tesla but was really hoping to have some seat time before immediately needing to swap tires and possibly wheels.

Anyone have any opinions??

40 years of driving and I have never used winter tires.

Picked up mine today. Such an amazing car. Everything was perfect. I spent about an hour inspecting everything before accepting it.

RN# 1144 originally ordered in January pre-refresh and then converted order Feb 28 to refresh LR.

White with Blk interior 21inch wheels NO FSD.

Tesla even matched 1.79% for 72 months.

They honored the $2k credit for the prerefresh conversion.

Attachments

• 20210818_190334.jpg
    20210818_190334.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 83
Picked up mine today. Such an amazing car. Everything was perfect. I spent about an hour inspecting everything before accepting it.

RN# 1144 originally ordered in January pre-refresh and then converted order Feb 28 to refresh LR.

Nice to read good news; finally!!

Reactions: Ormond and cwanja

Not ordering white was a HARD choice, looks amazing!! Glad you got your car finally.

Reactions: MEL-22 and cwanja

Forgot to add that I am in Los Angeles. Picked up Marina Del Rey delivery center. There was also another LR delivery right next to me. It was black on black with 21 inch wheels.

Forgot to add that I am in Los Angeles. Picked up Marina Del Rey delivery center. There was also another LR delivery right next to me. It was black on black with 21 inch wheels.
I picked up my M3 there when I lived in LA..wow, you spent an hour inspecting the car? I’m going to struggle to get to 15 minutes unless I go down that checklist that’s been posted lol

Yup. I printed the checklist and went through it all. I do have the worm on the airbag but don't think Tesla will do anything about it at this time.
The list just got longer...

Reactions: cwanja
Since you're in Texas, Tesla is prevented by law from having delivery centers in the state. So, home or public space (a parking lot somewhere, for instance) delivery without a Tesla rep present is the only legal option for them.

The hope is Giga Texas puts pressure on them to change the law to make deliveries more friendly. But as of yet, they're very restricted about the process.

I went through this all the way back in 2012, before they had any presence in my state (Georgia). Did a delivery in the bus lane in a nearby shopping center of all things. It was certainly harrowing, but my SA was a super-helpful and called to check up on me through the process (they get live updates from the delivery truck). I know it's been a long time, but the process is roughly the same and even a bit more refined now. They'll treat you right when it matters and you'll be too focused on the new shiny car to be worried about anything :)
Actually most deliveries in Texas are at Tesla delivery centers. The actual financial transaction is handled out of state, but a Tesla employee hands you your fob or key cards, finishes any delivery paperwork, and prior to Covid would go over the feature of the car and help you get it enrolled into your app.

My first Tesla (early 2013) was a home delivery , and when I asked for that on my new refresh model they told me it wasn’t available any more.

I have my delivery date Aug 29th at noon. Having trouble with where the pickup is going to be. When I called about the 2,000 not showing up, they did say it has been noted and my pickup point is home delivery. I have talked to them twice and both times said home delivery. First off I never asked for that and second, I live over 300 miles from closest delivery center. They did say they would be in contact with me as the time gets closer.
I asked for home delivery in Amarillo and was told they stopped offering that. With home delivery they hire a professional car carrier, with an enclosed trailer, to bring it to your house. It used to be available if you lived more than 150 miles from the closest delivery center.

If they deliver it to you in Midland, I should be able to get it here too.

Would you mind sharing where you got the 1.79% rate from? Thx and congrats on the new ride!

Got my VIN this morning for RN1136 White/Black interior LR 19 wheels. I had selected cash, but I just have to call them to finance/lease it - correct?
That is correct. I did the same thing. They changed it in the system and I immediately got an email to do financing. Very easy.

Btw- my SC said they would do delivery within 15 miles of the SC. I live 6 miles from it, so I elected to do the delivery 😎.

Reactions: GrnSqrl and Ormond

Thank you for not having a perfectly clean garage! Enjoy your new Tesla and drive it in good health!