Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SMART! Agree that [sadly] IMHO fit and finish issues appear on a large percentage of Tesla cars. I suspect, based on your pictures, there were "flags" which I find rather interesting since on so many posts issues were almost never mentioned by SA and in several (to say the least) cases, new owners were told the standard "within specs" which I find outrageous. On a 6 figure "luxury" vehicle, the car should have ZERO noticeable issues. AGAIN, just my personal opinion.

I for one would appreciate knowing what if any issues you have, especially the 2 mentioned. Thanks!!
I have the luxury of being 1/2 mile from our local Tesla Holding Lot so I made a couple of drive by's just to check on delivery. These "fixes" documents are only on some and surely removed before delivery. I posted pics earlier in the thread and the hatch seems very well lined up and even ESPECIALLY after seeing other posts in here. :oops:

I will keep the pics I took in case anything odd or anomalies come up that even seem slightly related to those papers.

I have the luxury of being 1/2 mile from our local Tesla Holding Lot so I made a couple of drive byes just to check on delivery. These "fixes" documents are only on some and surely removed before delivery. I posted pics earlier in the thread and the hatch seems very well lined up and even ESPECIALLY after seeing other posts in here. :oops:

I will keep the pics I took in case anything odd or anomalies come up that even seem slightly related to those papers.
Much appreciated sir; hoping you have ZERO issues; would love an update after delivery and thanks again! BTW, I miss Lake Lanier...

Much appreciated sir; hoping you have ZERO issues; would love an update after delivery and thanks again! BTW, I miss Lake Lanier...
I believe and know that is right.

Our home:

7C310C3E-F3A5-4F0B-B8D7-FEB28BBD0AFE.jpeg

Reactions: feixingyuan
Your EDD doesn't make sense to me. I have the same config, but ordered in March (RN1146x). My EDD is sitting at Oct. 5 - 25 with a SoCal location. Is your Tesla profile complete? If not, that may be the cause.
My profile is complete and "next step" is insurance cert (which requires the VIN). This morning the EDD shifted out 2.5 more weeks to 11/19-12/09 (nearly one year wait from the 12/24/20 order date). I don't understand this. At one time, had an EDD of 7/29/21.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
My first post on this thread and forum Ordered a MS LR Red with White Seats, 21in wheels on 07/10/21. Delivery estimate changed to November 25 - December 15 today from Feb 2022 previously. When I originally ordered delivery estimate was October 2021 and on August 10, 2021 received email that delivery was delayed.
Hoping that the delivery date stays as currently estimated since my existing car lease comes to an end October and I have a maximum 2 month extension,

My first post on this thread and forum Ordered a MS LR Red with White Seats, 21in wheels on 07/10/21. Delivery estimate changed to November 25 - December 15 today from Feb 2022 previously. When I originally ordered delivery estimate was October 2021 and on August 10, 2021 received email that delivery was delayed.
Hoping that the delivery date stays as currently estimated since my existing car lease comes to an end October and I have a maximum 2 month extension,
Welcome to the wild-ride coaster ....

Reactions: Pdubs and cwanja
Love your choice of red with white interior on 21"!! Best wishes...

Reactions: Pdubs
In the last couple days I have noticed the following 4 EDD's for the identical car: MS LR White/Cream/19"

"Almost" RN1143 EDD 11/3-11/23
"JeffR" RN1146 EDD 10/5-10/25
"BruinIvy" RN1149 EDD 10/4-10/24
"mxxg" RN1149 EDD 12/1-12/31 (just went to Blank)

For the first three, a lower RN number give a later EDD.
For me, the EDD is a month or two later and I have the same RN as one of the others with the earliest EDD.
Could location make that much of a difference? I am in Fort Lauderdale. I also have a trade in.

In the last couple days I have noticed the following 4 EDD's for the identical car: MS LR White/Cream/19"

For me, the EDD is a month or two later and I have the same RN as one of the others with the earliest EDD.
Could location make that much of a difference? I am in Fort Lauderdale. I also have a trade in.
As of today, you can change "Almost" to an even later range, 11/19-12/09/21.

I am concerned about this as well trying to rush through production & dropping the ball on workmanship.

I share the concern, and I've posted here a few times that I've been on the fence about pushing my order. But a few points that are causing me to not push my order just yet:
  1. Elon is talking about Tesla overall -- so this includes the "Euro Invasion" deliveries of 3/Y coming out of the China factory.
  2. Elon has been known to exaggerate from time to time. So it might not be as good for the company / bad for customers as he says.
  3. We have evidence that SCs are taking up factory slack to a certain extent. It seems 1-2 notches more rigorous than in the past (depending on the SC).
  4. There's little harm in being super picky at delivery, and taking your time with the checklist. You may still have issues come up once you drive off the lot (rattles, battery weirdness, etc), but your chances are much lower if you work the checklist. And if there *are* issues, you reject the car and come back later. Hopefully not at EOY rush time. And you get a 2022 model year car for your trouble.
  5. Considering the horror show of this thread and early deliveries, could the EOQ rush really be any worse?

Last edited:
The monkey has been day drinking again.

Ordered white/white long range late June. It has gone October to February to blank to early December this morning.

Ordered a red/black long range August23rd. April to Mid-december last week when the white went blank. This morning when the site took the white one to early December the red stayed the same. This afternoon back to April For the red one. No rhyme or reason. Clearly drunken Monkey.

Same configuration as y'all. White/cream 19" but mine also got pushed back as well this morning. Was 10/24 - 11/13 and now 11/6 - 11/26.