Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are some of you with white interior and 19" wheels getting a 3-4 week EDD improvement? Mine ordered early January was late Nov and just improved to late October. It appears they received some 19" wheels and white interior inventory. Next, I expect the delivery window to shorten. If I take delivery in Oct, that will be over 9 months, same as producing a baby. Any customer who waits that long with moving delivery dates deserves free supercharging.

Are some of you with white interior and 19" wheels getting a 3-4 week EDD improvement? Mine ordered early January was late Nov and just improved to late October. It appears they received some 19" wheels and white interior inventory. Next, I expect the delivery window to shorten. If I take delivery in Oct, that will be over 9 months, same as producing a baby. Any customer who waits that long with moving delivery dates deserves free supercharging.
Agreed. Free supercharging would help soften the misery..

OH MY GOD. OK. IT'S HAPPENING.

My Tesla rep was all able to get my delivery set up for today at 5:00PM WOOO! I had called earlier directly to the delivery center and was told they have a big backlog and would be calling me next week sometime for delivery. I told the guy on the phone that I got a VIN on Tuesday and had a range of Sept 2nd - 5th but he said he couldn't do anything about it. Reached out to my rep and boom! Can't wait!

I'm late Oct as well now. Hopefully yours moves up more as well. Or we'll be doomed back to end of Q4 :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Venom
Are some of you with white interior and 19" wheels getting a 3-4 week EDD improvement
Define improvement? I went from October to blank to February to November 11 - December 1. I would call it an improvement over everything before it. And I expect it to sit here for a while.

Do not think 19s are a hold up any more. Nor are white interiors. I speculate that they have plenty of parts for everything. And will be just trying to build them as quickly as they can. Just do not be surprised if some West coast orders jump at EoQ.

Weird question, but those that have received their MS…are the puddle lights the same? I mean same size as the previous model? Or at least do they look to be about the same size?

Thanks.
Do not believe so. Believe the previous model were rectangular. These are round if I remember seeing a photo correctly. Checking out a refresh in a bit and can verify.

Reactions: FrenchB4
Hi. I’m picking mine up in MA in a week or so. Already asked for pre inspection by them to swap out summers if they’re on. Not sure if that note will be actually noted. I too would have got the 21’s if my SA wasn‘t adamant at the time 19’s were all season. Getting summer 19’s would f up my plans to get summer 21’s down the road etc…
How can you easily identify the 19 summers? Some folks say the pirelli echo is special for the car and some SC’s will dig in they’re all seasons. I know the all seasons should or could have the m+s for mud and snow. How did you know your tires were summer? Thanks 🙏
It was pretty obvious, given the lack of a deep tread, but I logged onto the Pirelli website and looked up the markings that were on the tires. Since they were clearly marked as 'summer' on the manufacturer's website, the SAs quickly acknowledged the issue. I said, "I confirmed with order support last week that the car would have All Seasons. In 4 weeks, it'll be October and I won't be able to drive the car. How is Tesla going to resolve this?" They really didn't argue with me at all. They just needed to check with the service department to see what the resolution would be. I anticipated this issue, because all of the 19" pictures I've see on the Internet have been summer Pirelli's. Be prepared, be polite and you should be OK. The car is a blast - enjoy!!

Which all seasons? Did they charge you for the tires? My SC said they would put on tires that I buy and have delivered to them, but they don't want my summer Pirellis at all. They didn't offer to swap them. My car is being delivered in NY in December and it be well below 45 degrees. I don't really want summer tires at all. Good AS tires are fine, though.
I'm not 100% sure which tires, but the SAs said they may be Michelins (which I'd be fine with). I need to make an appointment to have them switched out. We can't have summer tires up here past Sept. If people swap summer/winter tires, it's usually an Oct/April activity. However, I find that too risky as we've had snowstorms in April. I'm enjoying my Pirelli's for now, but I'll be glad to get the All Seasons on.

How many days of snow do you get? Winter tires used to be a good idea 40 years in Michigan or Iowa. There is the thingy call climate change and so far that is moving in the direction of less winter for the USA. You have all wheel drive. As you might guess, I would take All Seasons -- they will have longer wear also.
I agree. I'm going with the All Seasons and then, if I'm not happy with the snow performance, I'll rotate out for winters. Having summer tires is risky for me. I like to take road trips in October to see the foliage and I can't risk having summers on the car - and putting winter tires on too early will kill my range.

Reactions: Jabbahop
I'm not 100% sure which tires, but the SAs said they may be Michelins (which I'd be fine with). I need to make an appointment to have them switched out. We can't have summer tires up here past Sept. If people swap summer/winter tires, it's usually an Oct/April activity. However, I find that too risky as we've had snowstorms in April. I'm enjoying my Pirelli's for now, but I'll be glad to get the All Seasons on.
This was posted on another thread, courtesy of @j5555. 19” AS appear to be Continental.

Attachments

• 5AFAFF0D-F9FA-4706-B688-F17A4FF7D358.png
    5AFAFF0D-F9FA-4706-B688-F17A4FF7D358.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Last edited: