Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new model S is ready for delivery for this Wednesday. If anyone is in the SF Bay Area and is interested in taking over my reservation I order in early July so I got the 10k discount price. I was planning on taking for myself but my financial situation has changed and I ended up buying a used model S instead. Please message me if you are interested and let me know what you can offer. I'd rather not cancel. I have worked out details for transfer and can discuss.
Model S LR - MSM, Black Leather, 19s.

Slightly offtopic.

Order date 7th of March. RN1146. LR / 19" / Blue / White interior / FSD - Finland (Europe).
Expected delivery March 2022.

So it's now been exactly 6 months from my order. Not a single contact, no email, no calls, nothing from Tesla for ordering a 105.565,41€ (~$125.304) car. This is my second Tesla so it was expected. We don't get SA's assigned. We can't see any estimates at Tesla website. I discussed a couple of weeks ago with a sales rep at the Model Y lauch and their comments were that if we are very, very lucky first cars to Europe will be delivered in December but most likely in March 2022 (it's the same for Plaid). So yes, I don't have much to add to this topic - just wanted to share that it's nice to hear cars getting delivered and hopefully Tesla picks up the pace but some will end up waiting for about a year, at least. Enjoy your cars, can't wait. :)

Last edited:
I have a new model S is ready for delivery for this Wednesday. If anyone is in the SF Bay Area and is interested in taking over my reservation I order in early July so I got the 10k discount price. I was planning on taking for myself but my financial situation has changed and I ended up buying a used model S instead. Please message me if you are interested and let me know what you can offer. I'd rather not cancel. I have worked out details for transfer and can discuss.
I’m interested. This is my exact configuration and I’m in the Bay Area.

Reactions: MEL-22 and cwanja
When I had the SA try the front passenger door, he agreed that it seemed to take more effort than it should to close, though he wasn't so sure on the driver's door. He brought the QA guy to look at it, but that guy just slammed it and said it was fine. His suggestion was that maybe everything is still new and give stuff a bit of time for seals to compress and things to loosen up. Maybe? I think it just needs adjustment.

The SA offered to keep the car and fix it, but they both agreed that if there was a problem with closing the door, even after the 100 miles/however many days initial grace period, it would be a warranty issue so I decided to take the car instead. The SA made some sort of note about it. 🤷‍♂️ On the one hand, I've been waiting for the car since December and I could have waited another couple of days, but on the other hand, I've been waiting for the car since December and I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW. Plus I had just spent 45 minutes in a Lyft talking about the driver's dog and didn't really want to do it again next week.

The driver's door doesn't take an unreasonable amount of force to close, but every time I get out of the car and close it, I have to try a second time because it didn't catch. When I tried to demonstrate it to the SA, it worked every time 😅 so it's clearly not that bad. The passenger side is noticeably worse but it does close. Dunno.
How much did you pay for this car?

Just spotted in the ridgefield rail yard, seems like they just took it off the train!!!

Attachments

• 2571C3FD-18E5-4E17-887E-01FABBD75CF3.jpeg
    2571C3FD-18E5-4E17-887E-01FABBD75CF3.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 94
I’m interested as well. Please ping me if this is still available.

I know this has been discussed numerous times on this thread, but I'm now contemplating adding FSD on my order. If I do, will I get charged the extra $10k price tag and will they do another hard credit pull to update my terms?
I think it is too risky. Add it later so it doesn't "rock your boat" while sailing in rough waters. Tesla is too finicky and you can run into all sorts of problems including a price increase. A better thought is to try out the subscription for a month or two to see if it's worth the $10K. I would only use it on road trips. Basic AP is pretty good.

I think it is too risky. Add it later so it doesn't "rock your boat" while sailing in rough waters. Tesla is too finicky and you can run into all sorts of problems including a price increase. A better thought is to try out the subscription for a month or two to see if it's worth the $10K. I would only use it on road trips. Basic AP is pretty good.
Good advice. I've been considering removing FSD myself, then adding it if/when the larger rollout occurs.

What I would miss most in the meantime is directing the car to change lanes by activating the turn signal. That this singular feature isn't included as standard is maddening. I'm glad my M3 has Extended Autopilot, which includes it.

Reactions: Blue Stuff

Good advice. I've been considering removing FSD myself, then adding it if/when the larger rollout occurs.

What I would miss most in the meantime is directing the car to change lanes by activating the turn signal. That this singular feature isn't included as standard is maddening. I'm glad my M3 has Extended Autopilot, which includes it.

Don't you think FSD would be $13K or $15K if/when all the features you want are released. So, we will be paying $3K-$5K for ensuring it has the right features we value... So, kind of ends up being whether you are glass half full or half empty on Tesla's promise, I suppose. I am still shaking/stirring my glass to decide :p

I am on the fence myself changing my view every time I think about it. EDD is staying steady for Late Nov hence need to decide on FSD and PPF soon.... Thoughts?

Reactions: planetary
Don't you think FSD would be $13K or $15K if/when all the features you want are released. So, we will be paying $3K-$5K for ensuring it has the right features we value... So, kind of ends up being whether you are glass half full or half empty on Tesla's promise, I suppose. I am still shaking/stirring my glass to decide :p

I am on the fence myself changing my view every time I think about it. EDD is staying steady for Late Nov hence need to decide on FSD and PPF soon.... Thoughts?

Just saying: people have been making arguments along these lines for years. Years.

Supposedly on the all hands call last week, Elon said the new "Model 2" (which won't be called the Model 2) might not even have a steering wheel since it would be able to drive itself. Since that car is supposed to be $25,000, I think it would be foolish to pay $15k for FSD on top of the price of a Model S, 3, X or Y if you could get an entirely self driving car for $25,000.

Having an EDD as Sep 14-27, but it got pushed back to Oct 22- Nov 11 this morning.

Looks like the order management within TESLA is kind of Chao which seems to be more like a lucky draw, you wont know what could happy exactly before the car is delivered.
Sorry, that stinks. Looks like you got caught up in EOQ and your car couldn't make whatever transport deadline they have for Texas before they switched all production deliveries to areas where they could be delivered by EOQ.

At least you get to live in Austin while you wait. I miss Austin so much but missed my chance to move back last year (which I regret almost every day). My EDD keeps creeping later but the end date stays locked at the EOQ. I am expecting a car either at the end of September or in December for the next California EOQ push.

S LR, MSM black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered May 1, RN1148

Supposedly on the all hands call last week, Elon said the new "Model 2" (which won't be called the Model 2) might not even have a steering wheel since it would be able to drive itself. Since that car is supposed to be $25,000, I think it would be foolish to pay $15k for FSD on top of the price of a Model S, 3, X or Y if you could get an entirely self driving car for $25,000.
In what year and who's lifetime? So many hurdles (technical, manufacturing, legal and legislative) to get through before that becomes a reality. So at what point, does your $10,000 (today) pay off before that model is released.

In what year and who's lifetime? So many hurdles (technical, manufacturing, legal and legislative) to get through before that becomes a reality. So at what point, does your $10,000 (today) pay off before that model is released.
I'm not saying I actually believed it, just that it was said in the call last week.

With that said, we've spent $68k on autopilot ($34k) and FSD ($34k) over the past 5 years. Since we don't typically keep our cars longer than 4 years, we'll probably be going the subscription route in the future, if we even subscribe. I think Enhanced Autopilot was worth it but FSD is getting pretty expensive and I can't see paying more for it. I wish they would bring back the EAP/FSD pricing.

Interesting "In what year and who's lifetime?" Seems like with ALL the delays on most ALL vehicles, Plaid, LR, Roadster, Semi, CT, Plaid+ cx, yada yada, I'll bet the $25K car will be released to the public no EARLIER than '24 or realistically '25. Time shall tell!

I included FSD on my LR and have no regrets, although realistically "real" FSD will likely not happen for several years (my guess).

Although my EDD will surely be pushed back within seconds of this post, so far, it has held at Oct. 13 - Nov. 02 although many keep posting of several additional push-backs.

YES @doubleshot I have white interior ordered in my LR, but I expect your usual thumbs-down...

Reactions: cwanja