Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery Sunday 2:30 outside in the rain

Missing mats and a bent trunk latch plate

Attachments

• IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    419.6 KB · Views: 76
Having an EDD as Sep 14-27, but it got pushed back to Oct 22- Nov 11 this morning.

Looks like the order management within TESLA is kind of Chao which seems to be more like a lucky draw, you wont know what could happy exactly before the car is delivered.

I had 9/16-9/30, pushed back to 10/20-11/9 a couple of days ago. Chicago delivery. I feel like I've seen some folks comment that white interiors are being produced. May be that they are slotting those back in. No use getting upset about it-it'll probably change again!

I had 9/16-9/30, pushed back to 10/20-11/9 a couple of days ago. Chicago delivery. I feel like I've seen some folks comment that white interiors are being produced. May be that they are slotting those back in. No use getting upset about it-it'll probably change again!
White interiors definitely are starting to move and I feel like that is bumping some of the orders in the recent months for the older, white interiors orders. Or even reshuffling older orders with the similar time frame (older) white interior orders. Without more details on Mark2021's order, no clue if they are a recent order or older order.

Reactions: doubleshot
I'm not saying I actually believed it, just that it was said in the call last week.

With that said, we've spent $68k on autopilot ($34k) and FSD ($34k) over the past 5 years. Since we don't typically keep our cars longer than 4 years, we'll probably be going the subscription route in the future, if we even subscribe. I think Enhanced Autopilot was worth it but FSD is getting pretty expensive and I can't see paying more for it. I wish they would bring back the EAP/FSD pricing.
Highly doubtful as Elon knows EAP will undercut FSD HEAVILY at this point. MOst know..FSD simply..isnt worth $10k. And the promises of "robotaxi service"? NO one believes that. EAP at $2k or $3k max? I'd consider that a fair deal.

Highly doubtful as Elon knows EAP will undercut FSD HEAVILY at this point. MOst know..FSD simply..isnt worth $10k. And the promises of "robotaxi service"? NO one believes that. EAP at $2k or $3k max? I'd consider that a fair deal.
Agree, that’s a reason we may see EAP say at $4k offered. FSD has like an 11% purchase rate. With EAP they could probably get closer to 40% I’d bet and make lots more $$$$

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Question for those in NorCal/Bay area - Do you think the roads here will cause issues with the arachnid wheels? I've heard they're quite susceptible to flat tires due to pot holes/bad roads. Anyone have any inputs on this?
Also, would I need winter tires in bay area? Looks like the arachnids are winter tires. And even the pzero tempest wheels are not all-season. What are your thoughts on these?
The reason I ask is because I'm torn between the 2 orders I have. While I really love the arachnids and white interior, I'd rather not have to deal with issues related to the arachnids and go with the tempests. Any suggestions/thoughts are much appreciated.

How much did you pay for this car?
Same as everyone else here with the same config? Only slightly less than I paid for the house I live in? Oh I got the $2k pre-refresh discount so maybe a tad less than some folks. It's not a Plaid so way less than those folks.

I know there are a lot of folks on here who are not OK with anything less than perfection at delivery and that's fine, but I'm not one of them. If the thing drives, I want the car and am not happy with waiting another week for it. If the front doors don't loosen up over the next month or so, as several people have suggested they will, I'll let the service folks fiddle with them. But there's a non-zero risk that fiddling with the car makes things worse, rather than better, so unless it's really bad I'm not going to care too much. That's just me 🤷‍♂️

Also, and I'm not sure if I should admit this here but the scrapes that several people have noted on the underside of the front bumper, that are probably shipping damage? I did that to my car the very first time I pulled it out of my driveway; apparently it's lower than the 2018 Model S that it replaced and the front doesn't quite clear when the front wheels drop off the rain gutter. Now I have the suspension auto-adjust up around my house, problem solved. Stuff happens, yo. I'm already over it; I can't see the scratches unless one ear is touching the garage floor.

Agree, that’s a reason we may see EAP say at $4k offered. FSD has like an 11% purchase rate. With EAP they could probably get closer to 40% I’d bet and make lots more $$$$

I've had FSD for over two years on my M3, been a beta tester the entire time, and can say that on the roads I travel the experience is worse than a year ago. Luckily I got FSD for $2k so it's not the biggest waste of money, but spending $10k on what I've been testing for the past year - NO WAY!

For $10k you should feel very confident with FSD, almost to the same level as EAP. For those of you who are still eager to test it out, get the one month subscription. The first time you have FSD attempt to make a left hand turn at a light you'll be glad you saved that $10k.

Reactions: M3LA and Danlbrau
Question for those in NorCal/Bay area - Do you think the roads here will cause issues with the arachnid wheels? I've heard they're quite susceptible to flat tires due to pot holes/bad roads. Anyone have any inputs on this?
Also, would I need winter tires in bay area? Looks like the arachnids are winter tires. And even the pzero tempest wheels are not all-season. What are your thoughts on these?
The reason I ask is because I'm torn between the 2 orders I have. While I really love the arachnids and white interior, I'd rather not have to deal with issues related to the arachnids and go with the tempests. Any suggestions/thoughts are much appreciated.
The 21s look better but that’s all they have going for them Maybe better lateral acceleration. But worse range, rougher ride, far more susceptible to pothole damage, and extra $4,500.

Neither wheel option comes with winter tires. It’s either summer or all season. My two cents is you won’t need all season for SF but you get what you get depending on 19 or 21.

Can someone who has taken MSLR delivery please confirm if the refresh model S windows can be remotely closed with the Tesla app? I know we can use vent in the app and open it but not close in the current MS. TIA.

I've had FSD for over two years on my M3, been a beta tester the entire time, and can say that on the roads I travel the experience is worse than a year ago. Luckily I got FSD for $2k so it's not the biggest waste of money, but spending $10k on what I've been testing for the past year - NO WAY!

For $10k you should feel very confident with FSD, almost to the same level as EAP. For those of you who are still eager to test it out, get the one month subscription. The first time you have FSD attempt to make a left hand turn at a light you'll be glad you saved that $10k.
Good feedback. Yeah I wouldn't even be able to use/trust FSD ever on my drives. We turn off of our main road left quite often onto Hwy 71 (West of Austin) and its a 75 mph speed limit, has hills up/down that Tesla wouldn't be able to see as you have to notice a car going down, it vanishes, then comes back a bit too late. Some scenarios are just not going to work for FSD ever. I do anticipate if it releases broadly, you'll see some major accidents because of it and it'll either get shut down, push through the need for new hardware requirements, and surely issue in new regulations/insurance restrictions, etc. The opposite of what Tesla expects.