Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called the local showroom today. They said my car is in transit on a train. EDD around Sept 20.

I just read this article: Elon Musk wants employees to brace for 'biggest wave in Tesla history' in Q3

Do you think we will get free supercharging as part of the end-of-Q rush, or any other incentives? Any ideas to negotiate to get this incentive?
That previous incentive was to boost sales. They have no issue with sales right now only production so there will be zero incentives to customers since they aren’t even close to catching up with demand.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
They might want to get rid of the 2021 VINs soon, before the 2022's arrive.
Tesla does not operate like legacy automaker. When you place an order for a car you don’t get a specific model year, it just shows up with whatever vin happens to be made at that time. They will not have ‘21s “sitting around” because people ordered ‘22s - you can’t specify a model year. Tupi could potentially try delaying your order but it is arbitrary as no changes will occur other than what it says on the paperwork.

Reactions: Mrhpsn and MaxPain
Called the local showroom today. They said my car is in transit on a train. EDD around Sept 20.

I just read this article: Elon Musk wants employees to brace for 'biggest wave in Tesla history' in Q3

Do you think we will get free supercharging as part of the end-of-Q rush, or any other incentives? Any ideas to negotiate to get this incentive?
They’ve already essentially sold the car to you, why would they need to incentivize you further?

Tesla does not operate like legacy automaker. When you place an order for a car you don’t get a specific model year, it just shows up with whatever vin happens to be made at that time. They will not have ‘21s “sitting around” because people ordered ‘22s - you can’t specify a model year. Tupi could potentially try delaying your order but it is arbitrary as no changes will occur other than what it says on the paperwork.
that’s not entirely accurate, Tesla has in the past had many inventory models from previous years that were either showroom cars or customer rejects

Reactions: cwanja and Danlbrau
They’ve already essentially sold the car to you, why would they need to incentivize you further?

that’s not entirely accurate, Tesla has in the past had many inventory models from previous years that were either showroom cars or customer rejects
"they’ve already essentially sold the car to you, why would they need to incentivize you further?"

To finalize the sale lol. What would they do of 2021 cars that are customer rejects, when 2022 start coming-in in Oct. Might need to finalize 2021 sales by incentivizing, so that they clear off the 2021 inventory?

I know I'm dreaming....

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
"they’ve already essentially sold the car to you, why would they need to incentivize you further?"

To finalize the sale lol. What would they do of 2021 cars that are customer rejects, when 2022 start coming-in in Oct. Might need to finalize 2021 sales by incentivizing, so that they clear off the 2021 inventory?

I know I'm dreaming....
They're also dropping a few cars into inventory and they're getting snatched up fast. All data indicates they have exactly no reason to cut prices or add incentives, even at EOQ (Sept) or model year crossover (likely Oct).

Last edited:

That is different then ordering a future production car, that is buying a specific car that is already built and has a VIN that you select, typically from the "existing inventory" section.

Reactions: mikey_bs
New member to the forum adding another data point. RN1155 ordered 8/28 Blk/Wht/19"/No FSD, EDD is Dec 14 - Jan 3. Initial EDD was April.
That's my configuration! Black with White (Tuxedo)! I ordered 6/28 and have an EDD of Nov 28-Dec18. Interesting that your EDD moved up so far with that config... Could be a good sign mine may arrive early in my delivery window!

That's my configuration! Black with White (Tuxedo)! I ordered 6/28 and have an EDD of Nov 28-Dec18. Interesting that your EDD moved up so far with that config... Could be a good sign mine may arrive early in my delivery window!
Interesting... Refresh 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range - White/Black, 19" wheels with FSD - Order date 5/28/21 (RN1150XXXXX) - Original EDD was October 2021 - Current EDD is 12/7/21 – 12/27/21 and now blank...

The 2021+ Tesla Model S owners manual is available online...and downloadable... https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf
So, the '+' designation is a first for Tesla. Any ideas what that means?

Someone previously speculated that the other 'S manuals' released this year apply to the entire fleet of Teslas (from the dawn of time).
If your Model S is equipped with the medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, this filter ensures the best quality air inside the cabin whenever the climate control system is on and outside air is entering the cabin (recirculate is off). The HEPA filter is extremely effective at removing particles, including pollution, allergens, bacteria, pollen, mold spores, and viruses.​
p. 137 2021.32 Tesla Model S owners manual '2021+'

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
New member to the forum adding another data point. RN1155 ordered 8/28 Blk/Wht/19"/No FSD, EDD is Dec 14 - Jan 3. Initial EDD was April.
Welcome to the thread. We are here to inform, entertain, and lift your spirits when you feel frustrated and discouraged while you wait for your delivery. No matter how long the wait remember the most important thing. EVERYONE who has taken delivery says their new Model S was worth the wait. We are happy that you joined the thread (party).

Interesting... Refresh 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range - White/Black, 19" wheels with FSD - Order date 5/28/21 (RN1150XXXXX) - Original EDD was October 2021 - Current EDD is 12/7/21 – 12/27/21 and now blank...
Very interesting. Same build as well, see sig for info. Been holding firm so far at November 22 - December 12 EDD

Reactions: MEL-22
I think this means they are going to get my hopes up for EOQ, but then let me down and throw me back a few weeks??

Attachments

• 2CEF2EBF-BDB5-4CBD-906E-6A2C355DEC2A.png
    2CEF2EBF-BDB5-4CBD-906E-6A2C355DEC2A.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 94