Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross shopped? Like this? I’m taking delivery of my LR if and when it arrives but given I got it at pre-price increase if Lucid really does put out a 517 mile 800hp car that’s competitive Tessie is going to Carmax late next year when this arrives and hopefully won’t be too much of a loss. I’m sure Tesla doesn’t care but they are literally driving loyal customers to the competition.
View attachment 707641
Definitely might do similar. Rn1148
I recall MT or C&D did a range test recently, the Air exceeded range estimate of 500 whatever miles by a good margin on a drive from Northern cal to Southern cal.

I saw this car in person, awesome looking from the outside, equally or more on the inside. I looked carefully and the finish was awful, wildly varying panel gaps. But this was a show car so totally understandable.

A serious competitor if it ever comes to mass production. Skeptic.

Reactions: tbaud and Danlbrau
Definitely might do similar. Rn1148
I recall MT or C&D did a range test recently, the Air exceeded range estimate of 500 whatever miles by a good margin on a drive from Northern cal to Southern cal.

I saw this car in person, awesome looking from the outside, equally or more on the inside. I looked carefully and the finish was awful, wildly varying panel gaps. But this was a show car so totally understandable.

A serious competitor if it ever comes to mass production. Skeptic.
Yes, I’m a skeptic too. That order is just an option to get one when available if they meet their goals. But I’m done with Tesla nonsense after this experience.

Reactions: feixingyuan
There seems to be very wide variations with experiences with SCs and SAs. I am in Canada and one of the first (it appears) to actually have a delivery date. I had an EDD of 9/18-9/27 and a week ago received an email inviting me to pay for my car. I was very intrigued and checked the JavaScript on my portal page and sure enough, there was a VIN there. A day later I got an email from my SA that he had a VIN and my car would arrive mid September to mid October. Interesting. Four days later (Wednesday) I receive a text message from the SC that my car is on the way and my delivery date is set for September 24th at 4:30 PM. Enter CONFIRM to confirm or text back an alternate. I replied asking for an earlier time that day due to commitments and had a 10:30 am appointment within 5 minutes back, confirmed and showing in my portal. I still do not show a VIN in my portal however a new document called a MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) appeared as a new document and showed the VIN and the confirmed delivery date. So far (from the time I got my surprise email inviting me to pay) I am pleased with the responsiveness and even an offer to deliver Sparky to my garage. NO WAY I says !! I need that 'first date' feeling of laying eyes on it when I pull into the SC. Out of a small sample size of about 10 of us Canadians on WhatsApp ( our own private therapy group but spoken in Canadian ) there appear to be no VINs for Plaids and only VINs for LR's so far but a number of EDDs in early October so thank you for sending some of your beauties up here to us ! As others have lamented here (and I ordered in February) once you get a sign of life that it is happening, all of the pain from waiting starts to drain away and only smiles remain. If all stays on track there will be an LR in my garage two weeks from right now.... exciting :)
Congrats from a former Montrealer. Will be interesting to see what tires they put on the cars delivered to Canadian customers! Hope your Blue Jays make it to the post-season!

• Funny
Reactions: Aleks0404
Yes, I’m a skeptic too. That order is just an option to get one when available if they meet their goals. But I’m done with Tesla nonsense after this experience.
I am hoping to take delivery of my LR as per my latest EDD which is holding at Oct. 13 - Nov. 02 (caveat) IF my car has no to very few minor issues. Beyond a few minor issues, I will refuse the car and never return to Tesla. IF I do accept delivery, I hope to enjoy the vehicle; nevertheless, I detest the current corporate culture and will not return to Tesla after this horrendous overall debacle!

Reactions: Danlbrau
Off topic reply - that RED is spectacular!!
IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0565.jpeg

would you be the first in Utah? I have one on order for delivery in Utah (St. George area) and sure hope they have the all season tires by my delivery date. Have been blank now for a month.
Not sure honestly, I know I’ve seen a handful of plaids but haven’t personally seen a LR yet. I assume there’s a couple out there. My order date was definitely later than some at 2/25 OD.

I went from Sept 9-29 to Sept 13-29 today. -shrug- at least it’s updating I guess?

Hi LR waiting room buddies, my seven month waiting journey (Feb-Sept) is now officially over.

My EDD change log was roughly: March -> Late March -> Blank (for months until the update email about a month ago) -> Sept 15-30 -> Sept 2-15 -> Sept 12-30 -> Sept 9

As soon as a VIN was assigned earlier this week (9/6ish), delivery was scheduled soon after.

I had a direct delivery even though I live in very close proximity to the Fremont factory. I felt bad for the delivery driver as he had to wait for an Uber to bring him back to the factory. I thought they would have delivered the vehicle via flatbed, but I arrived with 15 additional miles on the odometer. No big deal.

Overall the fit and finish was flawless. No discernible panel gaps. In fact, there wasn't much to say about the interior either!

A few things I did notice though:
  1. Missing mats and trunk covers
  2. Weird quiet whirring noise coming from the A/C system that happens intermittently
  3. Yoke has the weird worm looking thing but you can't feel it, only see it
  4. There's some leftover painters tape in the front passenger door that seems to be from the assembly process
  5. A lot of random debris on the floor
  6. I don't see a denting issue with my trunk catch flap that others are experiencing
  7. Some leftover adhesive lining the trunk panels
  8. And wow, Insane mode is... insane. I can't even imagine what Plaid is like.
  9. The yoke wasn't too difficult for me to get acclimated with. It is a bit awkward on turns but it's really not a big deal. I rarely use my horn so the new position really doesn't affect me.
  10. Turn signals and the drive selection change affects me more than the yoke. It is not as easy to disengage the turn signals as with a stalk.
  11. I already curb rashed a wheel... :oops:
Overall it is a well built car and a devilishly fast speed demon. Yes the wait is worth it but my god was that part of the experience terrible.

Best of luck to everyone else in line! Here's some pics.

View attachment 707443View attachment 707444

View attachment 707445View attachment 707446View attachment 707448View attachment 707449
Welcome to the MSM Club!

Congratulations and thanks for the pics and info! Did they tell you when they will get the missing items to you?

Also, is there a general checklist for looking over the cars upon delivery? Haven't seen one yet.
I posted a PDF version of a checklist that I created by combining lists from two other forum members.

See Thread 'Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist'
Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

Reactions: bhakan and McQ14
I took delivery of my blue spaceship today. WOW, what an amazing car (coming from ICE, so there's that)

No floor-mats or pieces 6, 9 and 10 from the diagram. Otherwise it sees pretty solid. Also, I have to push the open-frunk button a couple of times to get it to release. It kind of looks a bit misaligned when I close it, so maybe that is the issue(?)

There were a couple of other model Ses in the lot with 19s and different colors -- uploading those in case ppl haven't seen them with the shoes on. I plan on taking my hubcaps off tomorrow to see what the side view of the blue one without the caps..

Attachments

• IMG_3384.jpg
    IMG_3384.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 72
I took delivery of my blue spaceship today. WOW, what an amazing car (coming from ICE, so there's that)

No floor-mats or pieces 6, 9 and 10 from the diagram. Otherwise it sees pretty solid. Also, I have to push the open-frunk button a couple of times to get it to release. It kind of looks a bit misaligned when I close it, so maybe that is the issue(?)

There were a couple of other model Ses in the lot with 19s and different colors -- uploading those in case ppl haven't seen them with the shoes on. I plan on taking my hubcaps off tomorrow to see what the side view of the blue one without the caps..
Blue Club!

Re: frunk release. I'd validate that it's not a one-off, go over the car again with a fine-toothed comb tomorrow, then report the problem along with any other discovered issues. Here's hoping the list is thin.

Enjoy!

It's nice to see people getting their cars delivered, however without mats/missing items. I don't think any other manufacture would be able to do that. I'm hoping when I get mine EDD 12/8 these issues are all taken care of.

On a side note, if anyone in the SF Bay Area looking to get a MS LR, White/Black, 19s pre-price hike PM me. I got another reservation (RN11517XXXX).

Reactions: MEL-22
It's nice to see people getting their cars delivered, however without mats/missing items. I don't think any other manufacture would be able to do that. I'm hoping when I get mine EDD 12/8 these issues are all taken care of.
Can you imagine the outrage customers (and investors) would experience once people learned they were holding back deliveries because of floor mats? Tesla made the right call. This in no way excuses the dumb set of supply chain circumstances which lead them to this point, of course. But it was the right call, all things considered.