Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I ordered in January, and I have figured that I would let Tesla contact me. I got frustrated and did a "chat" on the website a couple of weeks ago. Complete waste of time. They're like "oh, it's coming. Just wait for a VIN." C'mon....literally no contact since January? My RN is RN1143XXXXX. I haven't called since I figured nobody would know anything....but should I just go to a showroom?

So, I ordered in January, and I have figured that I would let Tesla contact me. I got frustrated and did a "chat" on the website a couple of weeks ago. Complete waste of time. They're like "oh, it's coming. Just wait for a VIN." C'mon....literally no contact since January? My RN is RN1143XXXXX. I haven't called since I figured nobody would know anything....but should I just go to a showroom?
Yes, although I’d try a delivery center instead of a showroom. Unless you have a responsive SA that you can call. Otherwise you literally have to get in someone’s face to get a response. But now that we are approaching EOQ there’s a good chance even that will be spotty.

Reactions: Jupiter2
Try this number. (888) 518-3752. Sales support team based in Chicago, I think. They’ve actually been quite helpful to me regarding status updates.

picked up today Mt Kisco, NY.

even on a monday they were moving me along. missing mats, back shelf, lower trunk area cover. August build

just got home and as I exited the rubber gasket that the window closes to fell out partially. i hit my hair on it.

the person they put me with said they don't take lists of missing things and they know to send me the missing parts. he really wanted to move to the next owner..and imo i was really easy going.

the gasket thing will have to be reported anyway ; long day. the OS is different than the Y, and my 3's. took some time to get to know it despite 3 years and 3 previous Tesla's.

only pic so far
All seasons tires? I am picking up at mount kisco if i ever get a vin. When was ur order placed? Must be early

It's baffling to me why there isn't widespread red-hot outrage at Tesla delivering cars to inventory before meeting each and every backorder they've got.
Tesla also produces cars in batches, by color. Tesla may have 290 reservations for a White Plaid with Cream interior and they build 300 cars in that configuration. Accordingly 10 cars would go into inventory.
Build date determines the model year with Tesla changing over to 2022 VIN model years as of October 1st. We have seen VINs handed out four or five days after they got stamped / started production.For example, someone was given a VIN Monday night with the "born date" of 9/9. So four days between there.

So you could start to see "NF" VINs (meaning 2022) the first week of October. That assumes that Tesla can build and deliver every car produced and clear out inventory. Thus starting October 1st, those are 2022 VINs. Otherwise, you could see cars produced at the end of September, getting delivered at the beginning of October as "2021" model years.

Yes that is what I mean. Oct 1 manufacture = 2022 model year.
Tesla has been releasing next year model cars in the fall over the past few years, but there is no guidance or guarantee cars manufactured in October will receive 2022 VINs.

As others noted today, my Tesla app went from a black screen to showing a picture of my car and RN. Exciting to actually see something there. I now have something else I can check multiple times per day. According to other posts here, I now need to refresh the phone app and the web site 1000 times a day each to make sure I finally get a VIN. It's a lot of work, but I'm sure it's worth it. My edd is still blank though. In other news, i am watching a live stream of the SpaceX Inspiration 4 launch, which makes me think about putting a SpaceX logo on back of the car. I've seen some nice ones on Amazon in black that would match the trim on the car. Or maybe not... Since I'm not an instant gratification type of person, I'm actually sort of enjoying the anticipation and seeing the bugs get worked out as I wait for my car.

Last edited:
As others noted today, my Tesla app went from a black screen to showing a picture of my car and RN. Exciting to actually see something there. I now have something else I can check multiple times per day. According to other posts here, I now need to refresh the phone app and the web site 1000 times a day each to make sure I finally get a VIN. It's a lot of work, but I'm sure it's worth it. My edd is still blank though. In other news, i am watching a live stream of the SpaceX Inspiration 4 launch, which makes me think about putting a SpaceX logo on back of the car. I've seen some nice ones on Amazon in black that would match the trim on the car. Or maybe not... Since I'm not an instant gratification type of person, I'm actually sort of enjoying the anticipation and seeing the bugs get worked out as I wait for my car.
We all have that now. Means nothing. They just redesigned the app.

did your app get an update (i.e. your phone updated)? cuz that's what happens when the app updates. nothing to see here. move along. doesn't mean anything changed on your order.

Reactions: cwanja
Correct, there is no 240V adapter included with purchases any more. Stopped in 2018 or early 2019. You have to (re)purchase or retain your old adapter. You still get a mobile charger (and J1772 adapter), but it is just the standard US 120V adapter with the mobile charger.
So what else do I need to buy and what is it for? I’m having a charger installed in my house but may need to supercharge for a week or two depending on the timing.