Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next time I head your way, beers are on me. You're gonna hate what follows - solo in '65 and it was better than sex. Long and wonderful, lucrative and very rewarding career, but retired and burnt out. No longer fun, but thanks for the very generous offer. Let's drink beer...
I’m impressed by one fact here. You soloed a few years before my plane was built!

Appears that interest rates have gone up. If you applied for financing, and got a VIN, double check if your financing is still valid.

I’m tempted to pay cash, but I’m still pretty confident I’ll easily make more than 2.5% on the financed money over 6 years. I guess it makes sense, I was like “what are they smokin’ for 2% over 6 years. Might as well buy bonds instead of selling loans”.

EDIT: Nevermind, did not realize how far bond rates had dropped…

quick question -

My delivery appointment is this Saturday (day after tomorrow). I'm trying to purchase insurance for the car, however the insurance website is reporting that the VIN is incorrect/cannot-be-found.

"Our search of manufacturer information found no vehicle matches for the VIN you entered. Verify and reenter the VIN, if incorrect. "

Lack of insurance is holding up MVPA and by extension my financing!
I'm on call wait with Tesla for over an hour now...

Any idea how to resolve this? Is this a common scenario that the VIN is invalid/not-in-records prior to the sale of the car? How are we supposed to purchase insurance then?

Reactions: Draketurner
quick question -

My delivery appointment is this Saturday (day after tomorrow). I'm trying to purchase insurance for the car, however the insurance website is reporting that the VIN is incorrect/cannot-be-found.

"Our search of manufacturer information found no vehicle matches for the VIN you entered. Verify and reenter the VIN, if incorrect. "

Any idea how to resolve this? Is this a common scenario that the VIN is invalid/not-in-records prior to the sale of the car? How are we supposed to purchase insurance then?
The problem is with the insurance website, not with Tesla. If the insurance company is using outdated software, it might not be properly decoding the latest VINs from Tesla.

There is no central VIN authority that reports if a VIN is valid or not - it's just a bunch of pre-formatted numbers glued together to represent manufacturer / make / model / year / options

Reactions: Draketurner
quick question -

Had that problem with my 2014 Model S. I sent an image of the VIN to my agent (State Farm in Georgia). They forwarded that to some State Farm office in Illinois who did some magic with the Georgia DOT and then it all worked out. I paid cash for that car, so the lack of a VIN was just a pain, not something that kept me from getting the car. At that time Tesla had no stores in Georgian and only one delivery/service location. Legally I took title from Tesla's Fremont location.

Correction: my loan HAS in fact expired. Tesla is working on getting it re-approved.

My car is passing the Nevada / Utah line right now, and is slated to arrive in Princeton on 9/26, so I'll probably get to see it on 9/28. That's about what I have set for my insurance change over date, so that lines up perfectly! Fingers crossed that there are no delays on that.

Also, looks like my SC is going to have 40-50 deliveries on 9/27 and 9/28. Ruh Roh. That's going to be quite the cluster... uhh... of fun. Cluster of fun.

TWELVE DAYS! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Where are you able to see where your car is?

Can anyone confirm that the 240V NEMA 14-50 adapter is the same one that came with the 2018 Model 3? See pictures. My incoming MS LR will be parked next to a Tesla wall charger, my wife's Model 3 is plugged into a 14-50 outlet on her side of the garage. As long as they're compatible I won't order a second one.
I looked at mine (new) and it is identical so your plan will work

Next time I head your way, beers are on me. You're gonna hate what follows - solo in '65 and it was better than sex. Long and wonderful, lucrative and very rewarding career, but retired and burnt out. No longer fun, but thanks for the very generous offer. Let's drink beer...
Yikes. I was 2 ! I soloed in 98. Current ride is a 72 Commander 112

My EDD slipped today from 9/15-9/19 to 9/19-9/22, which was disappointing. But moments after checking I got a text from Tesla requesting I set up a delivery appt. First available was at the end of that range, so now it’s on the books!

View attachment 710092
Congrats! Looks like the factory is pumping out blue/cream LR 19s now. We finally got our VIN a few days ago shortly after the DD had moved up. Delivery is next week 😀

My bad (once again).
5E9DDEBC-F5B3-4A56-B145-D39364C69002.jpeg