Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is encouraging as it makes some sense that MSM build batch is early Q4 and you get early Nov and Chicago area is mid-late Nov. Some method to the madness.... Looking for any sliver of hope I suppose and no more of the chip delays etc...🤞
There is no method. It's the biggest cluster **** in human history. The delivery system is mayhem.

Reactions: Danlbrau
I had to seriously restrain myself with this
I don't get your meaning but guessing you didn't like my frustration. But you're not in my shoes, so don't judge. I ordered in January (pre-refresh news) and have had no car since December 2020 due to a freak accident (my 2018 Audi A5 sportsback got totaled while in the garage by some absent minded illegal immigrant without a license, I was working from Home).

Hi all, long time lurker here. Ordered 04/01 lr white/black 19s no fsd. This is my first tesla and wanted to post my experience. First off, the Edd, it has been mostly non existent until end of july then it started showing August, then a sep date range popped just as everyone saw ranges. So didn’t experience what others did with ever changing and disappearing dates and ranges. Vin was assigned last week of August, had enough time to get the loan process sorted out and finally setup the pickup today. Picked up the vehicle from the delivery lot. Couple of minor issues, but otherwise all good with the car. Interiror, except for that worm on steering wheel , rest is fine. Exterior could have used a thorough cleaning but in the grand scheme of things not a big deal.I got the S as i test drove the prior refresh model and liked it. I was so looking forward to this car and was very excited and now its a mixed feeling. Car dynamics are good but the yoke made it a hellish experience to drive this car. All my complaints are withe yoke. Otherwise the car is good. As others said, i was expecting a learnings curve and was mentally prepared to use the yoke,even occasionally practicing driving my current car with just the bottom part. IMO, i agree with the articles that said ‘yoke is a big joke’. When those articles came out, I thought they were overreacting and it would be fine. Zero practicality what so ever and even an onroad safety risk. It just took away the experience of owning a 90k car. The rectangle steering bottom doesnt fit right in my hands, this is mostly subjective i guess. But everytime i try to use turn signals, i end up manually turning them off when changing lanes. I couldn’t get light tap to work and ended up with hard tap so the signals just stayed on until turned off. Also note that i had to take my eyes away from the road to locate these stupid things. I accidentally hit wrong direction a few times looking like an idiot to other drivers on the road. On the other side , turned on wipers multiple times unintentionally and honked too while taking turns . Turned high beams on without even my knowledge. My hand must have grazed the touch sensitive button as i took a u turn. Rectangular bottom part when doing >90 turns is just awkward.

bottom line, hopefully someone release a round steering wheel for the model s. Else i have to think about keeping this car. Which is hard to think as i was looking forward to this for few months.

if you know of a round steering options from 3p sellers, please let me know. Cant post a picture yet as i m new to this group.

thank you all for reading through this rant. I should have waited to test drive this but didn’t and encourage folks who are on the fence about yoke to test drive and then make a decision.
Thank you all.
I think you have to spend some more time with the yolk. We have all driven vehicles with round steering wheels since we obtained our driver's license, so this is a big change. There is a learning curve and it requires one to change their driving style (how you hold the yolk, etc.)

Your muscle memory will improve after time and you will find it easier to locate the turn signals buttons and develop easier ways to make u-turns, etc.

I have no issues with the yolk, but I also don't think it's any better than a traditional wheel, save for the unobstructed view of the instrument display, that would still be visible with a traditional steering wheel.

My wife has not driven my car with the yolk as much as I have, so she is still not comfortable with it and is not a fan.

SO while I am neutral on the stalkless yolk, I do feel one needs to spend several days and many miles with it before forming a final opinion. A test drive unfortunately, will probably not be enough.

Yep, as i noted, its only the yoke that made rest of my experience sour., rest is fine. Imo, all these other benefits are great to have but to drive is the main purpose of a car and when that isn’t fulfilled don’t know how much useful it is. Again this is subjective as people bias towards different things. For me it is driving experience, so rest of the factors were secondary.

yeah, should have made the decision after test driving the yoke. I m sure there might be people who are on the fence about yoke, so I wanted to ask them to test drive before making the decision so they don’t get the surprise i did.
You can probably sell the car for more than what you paid and recoup all of your money if it is that bad of a driving experience for you.

Haha yeah, lets stick to this until a 20 something posts a bad experience with yoke and you can pick a different age group.
You called?

Yeahh... I haven't even gotten it yet, and I know the yoke will be lesser-than. I just don't know how much lesser-than it will be. Maybe I'll adjust to it, but it'll always be lesser-than.

It works great for planes, bc you only turn it like 20 degrees, and you have to push forward/pull back. Lock-to-lock turns in a car will be tough. But I'm mostly worried about touch sensitive buttons. Especially hitting them when the wheel's turned.

BUT. I'm also a tech head that loves having the newest gadgets. So.. I'll still love the car. Because it is a gadget. A gizmo. Dare I say, a gimmick. (At least, that's how I see it right now). And it's a tad expensive. It fits right in with stuff I'd normally buy hahaha.

I don't get your meaning but guessing you didn't like my frustration. But you're not in my shoes, so don't judge. I ordered in January (pre-refresh news) and have had no car since December 2020 due to a freak accident (my 2018 Audi A5 sportsback got totaled while in the garage by some absent minded illegal immigrant without a license, I was working from Home).
No man. I had to restrain myself from the pull in-push out comment. My mind went to the gutter 😀 I get the frustration

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I want to thank our US cousins for finally sending some of those beautiful cars up North to Canada. A bunch arrived today ( only LR's ) and were visually confirmed. I was told mine was arriving to the SC today as well. One of our therapy group members took a drive and found proof of life. Its a big day in Canada :cool:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-17 at 10.04.21 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-17 at 10.04.21 AM.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 74
Don't know if this has been reported previously, but I wanted to order Weathertech mats for my incoming LR; the order screen lists '2021' as an option but to be sure I sent a note to their customer service email. This is the response:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer Floor Liners or a Cargo Liner for the 2021.5 Tesla Model S. At the moment we only offer products for the 2021 model and have not done testing yet to see if those products will fit the 2021.5 model. The parts are in the earliest stages of production and there is no current timetable for when it will be available for sale. I am sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions/concerns please feel free to let us know.

Have a great day.

Not sure why they have 2021 as an option given that only the Plaid and LR versions shipped in 2021 (unless they mean the cars shipped at the end of 2020 with a 2021 model year VIN).

Has anyone with a new car found a comparable all-weather mat set for their car?

Reactions: Leojsayta and Pdubs