Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone on this list had to miss a delivery for any reason? I just got new dates (early October) and will be out of the country for most of the range. I hear you get re-assigned but do you get put to the back of the line or do you get some priority? Order 1145 from March, NYC delivery.
I did and have been blank the two weeks since. Stinks.

Another update this morning…

Estimated Delivery: September 22-September 30

07/17: October
08/01: Blank
08/08: October 31st - November 20th
08/19: November 2nd - November 22nd
08/25: October 28th - November 2nd
09/02: December 6th - December 26th
09/12: September 18-September 30
09/19: September 22-September 30
I got same update with same dates this morn. But my order date is 3 months b4 u. Red black 19, 30 mi from fremont.

My SA actually said she sees late Oct, early Nov for my true EDD. WTF??

I got same update with same dates this morn. But my order date is 3 months b4 u. Red black 19, 30 mi from fremont.

From what my SA showed me on the computer, they only see a single delivery month only as the "factory gate date". For me, my account shows 9/22-9/30 but their internals systems just say "October" for Factory gate date, which is the month the car leaves the factory. I truly do not understand why the hell they would be showing an EARLIER date to the customer than what they show internally (which should be more accurate). It's almost like they are purposely trying to make the customer feel optimistic for fun

Reactions: Missile Toad
Been lurking here since I ordered in Late June.

LR/MSM/black/19s no fsd. RN1152

Yesterday account went to 9/21-9/30. Won't believe it until I get a VIN. Seems I'm jumping alot of earlier orders if it actually holds.

Since the "apology" email I've been "october", a few weeks 12-1 to 12-21, blank for nearly a 2 weeks. Then Nov estimates until yesterday.

Reactions: Cblock801 and Pdubs
My EDD sat at Sept 21-30 for weeks and just moved forward a day today to Sept 20-30. I’m a Jan 27 order and within 30 miles of Fremont. Not a peep from anyone at Tesla in the 8 months I’ve been waiting, so I can’t imagine I’m getting a car tomorrow.

I’ve got an MSM 19” build. Anyone know if MSM builds have gotten delivered recently?

My EDD of sept 24- 30 held true. Arrives the 26 th and I’m picking up at the dealer the 28th. They wanted to drop off the car at my house without me there. I told them with the EOQ Push, there was no way I was gonna accept it without documentation of missing parts etc. And for the record, 19’s are supposed to come with all season tires, right?

Reactions: Pdubs

I just received an e-mail from my Tesla Advisor and although my EDD dates changed today to November 16 - December 06, he said that he just heard back from the Tesla factory and the estimated delivery day is mid-December for my new Tesla Model S...so it appreas the online estimates are still...estimates... If I can't get my car in October, then mid-December actually works for me given my travel schedule...

Reactions: Pdubs
From what my SA showed me on the computer, they only see a single delivery month only as the "factory gate date". For me, my account shows 9/22-9/30 but their internals systems just say "October" for Factory gate date, which is the month the car leaves the factory. I truly do not understand why the hell they would be showing an EARLIER date to the customer than what they show internally (which should be more accurate). It's almost like they are purposely trying to make the customer feel optimistic for fun

They need to keep the customer a bit optimistic so you don't cancel your order... then only slightly disappoint you with another slight delay so you still don't cancel and go ahead and wait.

Wouldn't fly if there were other options available...

I just received an e-mail from my Tesla Advisor and although my EDD dates changed today to November 16 - December 06, he said that he just heard back from the Tesla factory and the estimated delivery day is mid-December for my new Tesla Model S...so it appreas the online estimates are still...estimates... If I can't get my car in October, then mid-December actually works for me given my travel schedule...
Curious what person they actually reached out to at a manufacturing plant that would be able to tell them any different information than what’s surfaced on the order status pages. Not to burst anyone’s bubble on this but unless someone has an experience that proves that an SA actually has access to information that is different than what is surfaced to the customer, I’m just going to assume that there’s absolutely no “insider info”. I’m just thinking that it’ll be ready by end of 2021.

I think you’re rightThese dates are all estimates and no one (including advisors) really knows what the actual dates will be. I actually sent a note to my SA today after 3 months of no response from them. Turns out that the person “moved out of state” which is why they weren’t responding. Yeah, that makes zero sense but ok.

My question to the SA was very simple: “how much confidence do we have in a Nov timeline? It’s very hard to plan anything when you’ve given an EDD for every month over the next 6 months and have no idea if you’re going to suddenly tell me that the car is available for delivery.” Well, here’s the response I just got which basically suggests that they have no idea:

“[sorry about the delays]……Tesla and many companies have been struggling with material shortages which have delayed things for all of our customers. I see in our system you are tentatively scheduled to take delivery before the end of the year. Since we are starting to see the Model S Long start to deliver I have high hopes that you will be in the next batch that would come in November/December.”

So, either my SA isn’t trying very hard or no one really knows what’s going on. My bet is on the latter.

Reactions: MEL-22