Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or….whoke 😂
Dumb question, but I think my car was delivered to the SC today. Is it possible to go after hours and look at it in the lot?
I’ve been to the Raleigh SC a couple times at closing & they lock up the cars that are ready for delivery in the small holding area up front. It holds 3 cars & you can look at them through the glass garage door.

(Warning: Long Article)

Hi all, I took the delivery today and would like to share some of my experience. This is my third Tesla so I think I pretty know what Tesla’s “standard” is.

Pre-Delivery: Basically I talked to no SA in this process (because the talk doesn’t help). I uploaded whatever the document is requested then just wait. I did not check my EDD on my account too much. Instead, I checked the delivery update in this forum. When I saw the car with the RN that is close to mine started to delivery, then I checked the EDD about once a week. My EDD went to February before getting the VIN so don’t be too upset when you see the February EDD.

Finance: I use BOA for my finance (last two cars was the lease from Tesla). I made one call to Tesla to correct some of my personal information and add BOA and dollar amount in the 5.D on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). The person on the call said I need to wait about an hour to see the new MVPA but I actually got the new file in about 2 minutes.

Delivery: My appointment is 3pm at a Service Center. I received a text at 2pm mentioning where my car is parked and the delivery process. I thought I will be meeting a real person so I waited until 3pm to show up. End up no one was there (maybe because it’s Sunday?). Just cars. It was a little confusing at the beginning. Then I figured out I need to sing the documents they put in a red envelop then return back to the drop box outside the SC entry door. It should be a 10 minutes process but I spent about 30-40 minutes in total.

I had trouble figuring out what key card and key fob can do. When I get into the car first time, you can only drive the car when you place the key card on the wireless charging place. I think it’s stupid so I tried to see how I can use the key fob (which I used to use previously). The key fob didn’t work until I found I need to remove the piece of paper in the back of the key fob so the battery can start to work. (When I got home, I setup the phone key, which is much move convenient in my opinion)

Car: The car is good to me (taught well by Tesla about their standard? LOL.) I got floor mats and two rear trunk cargo covers. It drives smooth and “fast”. Definitely need time to get used to Yoke. I need to check where the turn signal button is before I press it. And when turning, the Yoke kind of touching my leg. I used to sit high because of driving model X so maybe I need to lower my seat further.

Questions:
1. The mobile connector only has 110V adapter. Does Tesla stop to provide the NEMA 14-50 adapter? [Thanks for @KyleDay . Yes, no more 14-50 adaptor]
2. Where is the creep mode I can enable?

PS.
1. I got Pirelli tires.
2. Why a $90K car doesn’t even come with the key chains for free?

Last edited:

Hi all, I took the delivery today and would like to share some of my experience. This is my third Tesla so I think I pretty know what Tesla’s “standard” is.

Pre-Delivery: Basically I talked to no SA in this process (because the talk doesn’t help). I uploaded whatever the document is requested then just wait. I did not check my EDD on my account too much. Instead, I checked the delivery update in this forum. When I saw the car with the RN that is close to mine started to delivery, then I checked the EDD about once a week. My EDD went to February before getting the VIN so don’t be too upset when you see the February EDD.

Finance: I use BOA for my finance (last two cars was the lease from Tesla). I made one call to Tesla to correct some of my personal information and add BOA and dollar amount in the 5.D on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). The person on the call said I need to wait about an hour to see the new MVPA but I actually got the new file in about 2 minutes.

Delivery: My appointment is 3pm at a Service Center. I received a text at 2pm mentioning where my car is parked and the delivery process. I thought I will be meeting a real person so I waited until 3pm to show up. End up no one was there (maybe because it’s Sunday?). Just cars. It was a little confusing at the beginning. Then I figured out I need to sing the documents they put in a red envelop then return back to the drop box outside the SC entry door. It should be a 10 minutes process but I spent about 30-40 minutes in total.

I had trouble figuring out what key card and key fob can do. When I get into the car first time, you can only drive the car when you place the key card on the wireless charging place. I think it’s stupid so I tried to see how I can use the key fob (which I used to use previously). The key fob didn’t work until I found I need to remove the piece of paper in the back of the key fob so the battery can start to work. (When I got home, I setup the phone key, which is much move convenient in my opinion)

Car: The car is good to me (taught well by Tesla about their standard? LOL.) I got floor mats and two rear trunk cargo covers. It drives smooth and “fast”. Definitely need time to get used to Yoke. I need to check where the turn signal button is before I press it. And when turning, the Yoke kind of touching my leg. I used to sit high because of driving model X so maybe I need to lower my seat further.

Question: The mobile connector only has 110V adapter. Does Tesla stop to provide the NEMA 14-50 adapter?

PS.
1. I got Pirelli tires.
Correct - no more 14-50 adapter. Have to buy separately for the past few years now ever since Model 3 basically.

Reactions: cwanja
Correct - no more 14-50 adapter. Have to buy separately for the past few years now ever since Model 3 basically.

Questions:
1. The mobile connector only has 110V adapter. Does Tesla stop to provide the NEMA 14-50 adapter? [Thanks for @KyleDay . Yes, no more 14-50 adaptor]

PS.
1. I got Pirelli tires.
So do you still get a key fob that looks like the car as in the pass. I thought you only get two key cards and then link it to you phone

This is nuts. We are buying a car worth $90K a simple cheap 14-50 adapter should be

Questions:

PS.
1. I got Pirelli tires.
Similar delivery experience for me, and on a Sunday so maybe short staffed? Who knows. But it was literally accept delivery online and then show up and “your car is over there, card keys and fobs in it”. Can I get someone to walk me through how to run basic functions? Umm, it might be a while. Never mind.

First reaction on the yoke? Really like it. 99% of the time it’s not an issue or an improvement. The only time it was a negative was 90 degree turns or backing into a parking space. Still, a negative, not a disqualifying feature. The only caveat is being a car people may not be accustomed to different controls. Something one learns to accept in aviation going from one aircraft to another. So just need to remember which vehicle if you drive several.

As far as the parcel shelf and various floor mats etc, my car came fully equipped.

Still, an amazing car even if the ordering and delivery process was poor

Date change this morning. Moving up in the queue.

August 9: EDD = Blank
August 10: EDD = Oct 11 - Oct 31
August 12: EDD = Sept 22 - Sept 30
August 13: EDD = Sept 11 - Sept 30
August 15: EDD = Sept 06 - Sept 26
August 17: EDD = Sept 04 - Sept 24
August 18: EDD = Sept 19 - Sept 30
August 19: EDD = Sept 18 - Sept 30
August 28: EDD = Sept 10 - Sept 24
September 2: EDD = Sept 18 - Sept 30
September 13: EDD = Oct 15 - Nov 04
September 20: EDD = Oct 04 - Oct 24

I got some good news My EDD changed today, Hope i get a VIN soon.

Estimated Delivery: September 27 - September 30​

Previously it was October 28 - November 17.
I’m a RN1144 with a 1/24/21 order date as well. I had the same EDD movement less than 24hrs before I got a call from the SA to schedule my pickup. VIN soon come brother—9 month wait almost over.

Similar delivery experience for me, and on a Sunday so maybe short staffed? Who knows. But it was literally accept delivery online and then show up and “your car is over there, card keys and fobs in it”. Can I get someone to walk me through how to run basic functions? Umm, it might be a while. Never mind.

First reaction on the yoke? Really like it. 99% of the time it’s not an issue or an improvement. The only time it was a negative was 90 degree turns or backing into a parking space. Still, a negative, not a disqualifying feature. The only caveat is being a car people may not be accustomed to different controls. Something one learns to accept in aviation going from one aircraft to another. So just need to remember which vehicle if you drive several.

As far as the parcel shelf and various floor mats etc, my car came fully equipped.

Still, an amazing car even if the ordering and delivery process was poor
Wait - you have to accept delivery before you can inspect the car?

Reactions: Danlbrau