Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a blank EDD been that way for 3 weeks now. I called and they said zero inventory cars currently. The guy then suggested I place an order, gee thanks I didn’t think of that months ago, lol. I’m regretting being picky a few weeks ago when inventory was plenty, wondering when we will se that again.

Reactions: Jabbahop
I have a blank EDD been that way for 3 weeks now. I called and they said zero inventory cars currently. The guy then suggested I place an order, gee thanks I didn’t think of that months ago, lol. I’m regretting being picky a few weeks ago when inventory was plenty, wondering when we will se that again.
It depends on if they start shipping Model S vehicles to Europe to meet all of the orders they places months and months ago. They may go back to the wave of the first month of a quarter shipping internationally and the last month of the quarter going to North America.

Reactions: Blue Stuff
It depends on if they start shipping Model S vehicles to Europe to meet all of the orders they places months and months ago. They may go back to the wave of the first month of a quarter shipping internationally and the last month of the quarter going to North America.
What does the designer say for European orders? Last I recall, it was end of 2022. So thinking Q3 they go back to that cycle. Have they got all the regulatory approval needed, mainly for the yoke? Alternative could be just to slap a round wheel on there. I could see a lot of yokes and round wheels going through FedEx and being shipped across the oceans if that happens.

Reactions: Blue Stuff
But that estimate only applies to new orders, not the orders placed long, long ago. (At least I hope they don't have to wait another year.)
I recall somewhere in this cluster of threads someone said their SA across the pond was saying 1H/2022 and then weeks later said 2H/2022.

And I would take the "that is for new orders only" with a grain of salt. A lot of people were told the same thing with the US designer went from September / October to February / March and our estimated delivery dates followed suit. It is really anyones guess right now. The true story will be at the beginning of the quarter, if no US orders have a delivery estimate in the first six to eight weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: doubleshot
My guess is that this will be the last Tesla purchase for many of us. Not because of their disgusting customer service, but because I think Tesla's ultimate goal is to move entirely to an automated fleet of vehicles, along with a focus of charging infrastructure. There will be no option to buy a car at all from them in a few years. Hence, no need for any customer service. Just my wild hypothesis.
They can’t even build and deliver regular passenger cars. Not sure how your hypothesis would come to fruition.

They are at the point where they either need to scale up or sell out to a real auto manufacturer who can.

• Disagree
Reactions: MaxPain
I ordered in April. White with black interior, 19s no fsd. EDD for end of September, I had a vin that was taken away. The date was moved up to 10-1 to 10-15. Now it’s

October 09 - October 23​

My SA says it could realistically be mid November. I went and looked at bmws today, I just can’t do it. I’m waiting it out for the ms
Same build as you MS LR White/Blk with FSD Ordered 4/4/21 RN1147. As of today I have a delivery appointment of 10/10/21. I am hopeful, but not holding my breath. At this point I will believe it when I see it.

I tried to psyche myself ok to the Polestar 2 (sounds like a stripper). My buddy loves his. It’s cheaper. It’s available. And it’s not what I want. Darn. Just can’t get away from wanting the S. I really want to bail, but I want the car, and EVERY post I’ve seen in this site says it is worth the wait. Sigh.
Wait! I bought a Volvo XC40 pure electric for Rio de Janeiro because Tesla is not here. I have a Plaid in Miami, FL. I am happy with my Polestar twin but were I to have the chance I would change instantly for any Tesla, and when they come to Brazil I will. I still have a Model 3 reservation from 2016.

Waiting a few months for the S will fade once you have it.

I admit I'm biased.

I received an e-mail stating that to better serve me,tesla updatede my delivery location to Peabody Ma., and that this will not affect my delivery time frame. I got home and found that my EDD was changed from Nov 26 - Dec 16 to December 08 - December 31. I ordered the car 1 Dec 2020. This really does NOT make any sense. I have enjoyed my previous S, but I have to drive >100 miles for service, and tesla service has become atrocious. My trunk will not lock, and as a result the car cannot be locked. This is a known problem caused by the locking mechanism. I made an appointment 3 weeks ago to get this repaired on Oct 6. The representative I spoke with said that it was a known problem that is easily fixed. On Oct. 4 the service department called to verify info given. This morning (Oct 6) the tesla app informed me parts are not currently available and they need to reschedule. They had THREE weeks to check out what parts are needed and if they didn’t have them to order them. Why wait until two days before service has been agreed upon to start checking when they know that the supply chain is so unstable. I am reasonable, if they started trying to get the parts 2-3 weeks ago and could not get them I would have understood. So I got the news that they hav changed my repair date to Oct 21. AND that my EDD is now more than a year after I ordered.

Excuse the rant, but be prepared for this type of treatment.

I received an e-mail stating that to better serve me,tesla updatede my delivery location to Peabody Ma., and that this will not affect my delivery time frame. I got home and found that my EDD was changed from Nov 26 - Dec 16 to December 08 - December 31. I ordered the car 1 Dec 2020. This really does NOT make any sense. I have enjoyed my previous S, but I have to drive >100 miles for service, and tesla service has become atrocious. My trunk will not lock, and as a result the car cannot be locked. This is a known problem caused by the locking mechanism. I made an appointment 3 weeks ago to get this repaired on Oct 6. The representative I spoke with said that it was a known problem that is easily fixed. On Oct. 4 the service department called to verify info given. This morning (Oct 6) the tesla app informed me parts are not currently available and they need to reschedule. They had THREE weeks to check out what parts are needed and if they didn’t have them to order them. Why wait until two days before service has been agreed upon to start checking when they know that the supply chain is so unstable. I am reasonable, if they started trying to get the parts 2-3 weeks ago and could not get them I would have understood. So I got the news that they hav changed my repair date to Oct 21. AND that my EDD is now more than a year after I ordered.

Excuse the rant, but be prepared for this type of treatment.
Shocking; "be prepared for this type of treatment"? Fantabulus.

Got my car back from getting tinted and ppf. If any of you were curious what a lighter tint looks like. Here is Xpel XR black 45 on the sides snd back. I prefer the look of a lighter tint and like it lighter for nught driving. I didn’t go with the XR plus because of the blue hue. With the black and factory glass it rejects over 90% IR and 99 UV.

Attachments

• E6914B6A-27D3-4247-80E7-264C759FBF98.jpeg
    E6914B6A-27D3-4247-80E7-264C759FBF98.jpeg
    967.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 7495DC5C-EF39-4A97-8F45-5F4829E67BFB.jpeg
    7495DC5C-EF39-4A97-8F45-5F4829E67BFB.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 58