Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order.jpg

Mind blown that I finally have a VIN!!! 🎉🎉

Congrats! Odd to me that old orders from Mayish builds are now getting filled. I assume the factory was still waiting on parts to complete the builds. Still makes me wonder when they'll shift to NF for 2022 builds.

What's crazy to me is that you basically ordered in October and have a January delivery date. Really makes me doubt the "June" they are listing on the website...

But the EDDs really are strange and seem to be all over the place... It's also strange when some EDDs shift and others just sit stagnate with no rhythm or reason whatsoever. Makes me think this is a very rudimentary system.

What's crazy to me is that you basically ordered in October and have a January delivery date. Really makes me doubt the "June" they are listing on the website...

But the EDDs really are strange and seem to be all over the place... It's also strange when some EDDs shift and others just sit stagnate with no rhythm or reason whatsoever. Makes me think this is a very rudimentary system.
When I placed my order on 9/26, the EDD was Mar-Apr. I think they push the EDD way out on the site to give themselves reputation cushion. So if they deliver before that original EDD it puts them in a positive light.

I enjoyed a strong 8 hours in my EDD (10/27 to 11/16) before Tesla realized that wasn’t going to happen and my EDD was pushed to 11/10 to 12/5.
But....you can still get delivery within your previous window....I saw the same move with my EDD and with a few other EDD moves in the past day. Would be cool if it actually happens. Production is clearly ramping and the quality has gotten awesome. Gut feeling that we will all be rewarded very soon....

When I placed my order on 9/26, the EDD was Mar-Apr. I think they push the EDD way out on the site to give themselves reputation cushion. So if they deliver before that original EDD it puts them in a positive light.

Makes sense, although, when I bought my car it said "March" 😂

But the website is nowhere near accurate. I placed an order for a model 3 in September. The initial date said "February" two weeks later, I had a VIN. I declined it and two weeks later I had another VIN.

• Funny
Reactions: donandersonjr
Can you tell by the VIN what month the MS was built or the finest granularity is just year?

My order # RN11505 was in May and EDD shows as early as 11/8. I wonder how many of these cars were built early in the year, and sitting outside waiting for the supply chain to catch up with the parts they need to finish them off...

Reactions: chrisdh79