Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my car for ~4 days now but i'm addicted to this thread. Anyway, here's a few pics to tide y'all over.

Also I learned why it was delayed a week since they left the card -- kicked back twice due to Paint!

Seam on frunk is a bit mis aligned. May be able to fix it myself.

It does seem like they did a batch of Blue cars, eh?

PXL_20211030_190850850.MP.jpg

PXL_20211030_193450689.jpg

PXL_20211030_192032923.jpg
PXL_20211030_192155551.jpg

I just texted pretty much this same message to my SA. Not that it will do anything but...

This is absolutely maddening. This will be my third S. Do they care about that, either? Nope.
Feel sorry for you. I am on the same boat but ordered in June. Third S. I reserved Plaid + on Oct 1, 2020 and cancelled this June and ordered this MSLR which is my thrid S. I even told them I am willing to take other colors and pay just for change in color but not any other hikes. Still waiting. I sold my current S on 10/6/2021.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Feel sorry for you. I am on the same boat but ordered in June. Third S. I reserved Plaid + on Oct 1, 2020 and cancelled this June and ordered this MSLR which is my thrid S. I even told them I am willing to take other colors and pay just for change in color but not any other hikes. Still waiting. I sold my current S on 10/6/2021.
Oh man. I sold my S in June, thinking I would certainly get this one in August. But I do have some hope for this month.

lol. you're not in the same boat if you ordered in June and she ordered in Feb.

Tesla rep reached out by email and text yesterday. When I got an email from someone named Nikola at Tesla I thought it might be a joke….but apparently not. They confirmed that I was transferring plates, checked my legal name for the DMV registration, confirmed I’m not doing a trade in. That was about it. The email says that I will be informed 24 - 48 hours in advance of delivery at Mt Kisco NY. I’m traveling much of November so I indicated that late November is better for me FWIW.

EDD remains Nov 8 - Dec 6. No VIN on account or in source code as of yet. I’ll let you know what else I learn.

Has anyone tried paying for their Tesla via electronic funds transfer at the time of delivery instead of bringing in certified funds to delivery? That way you could inspect the car prior to sending the money via Plaid in case you need to reject delivery because of any issues.

Here is some very unexpected update of my order

After I found out my EDD push to April, I called my supervisor that day, and here is what I got.

Because of our delivery center at costa mesa, it's moving to Irvine. The system will show that all the delivery at this location is not available anymore, and my order was one of them and got pushed to April. But my sales adviser told me it would update in a few weeks and back in December.

Right after this, I got a text from him saying he found a blue one available and asked me to decide if I wanted it or not immediately.

OF COURSE, I SAID YES!!

And now here I am driving an august ordered model s refresh.

The only downside is that I order cream and white, but the blue one is a black interior.

But after I pick up the car, I feel like a black interior is better.

So my total wait time from the order date is only 82 days. I know somebody will hate me for this, but Is still want to share these with everyone because I feel like Tesla is working hard on the production and adjusting the delivery. If not, I won't have this car during these crazy backorders. Also, I did tell my sales to give me anything you have. I'm open to any colors.

Considering the current situation, I'm pretty lucky, and I appreciate it a lot

Here are some pictures
That explains my EDD change (12/15 - 12/31, Feb, 12/22 - 12/31) last week. My delivery center is costa mesa as well. Thanks for sharing the info, this makes me believe I might get mine this year!

Reactions: Almost
Oh man. I give up. My SA just texted me back. Seems that 21s are now the holdup, specifically the tires. I originally ordered 19s, but switched in July. Partly to try and get my car sooner (oh, the cruel irony!) but mostly because I don't like the 19s at all.

FML
No offense but I don't believe your SA....

I'm almost certain that there were plenty of other orders that came after yours with a 21. You're a RN1145 so there's no reasonable explanation for you getting yours so much after others. Unless it has something to do with the change you made in July.

No offense but I don't believe your SA....

I'm almost certain that there were plenty of other orders that came after yours with a 21. You're a RN1145 so there's no reasonable explanation for you getting yours so much after others. Unless it has something to do with the change you made in July.
Let's hope you are right. And no, the change in July wouldn't have pushed my spot in line, at least not by much

Reactions: Pdubs