Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the delivery number yesterday to ask about when I could expect our car given that we have had no EDD for months. The agent indicated that everything was entered correctly but would send a message (maybe to the monkey) to see if they could get me an EDD.

Well this morning I woke up to no EDD but a VIN! It is a MF vin - MF4557xx so a 2021. White, black, 19” no FSD RN 11503 ordered end of May, Utah delivery.

Now comes the big decision for my wife and I. Do we keep the new car and sell our 2019 MS Raven with 68K miles, FSD, round steering wheel and stalks or keep the existing car that has been great for us? First world problems but I worry that my wife won’t love the new driving experience but we will see.
I believe that you can get top Dollar right now for the Raven. You will be giving up round steering wheel and stalks, but be gaining so much more Including door bins. :cool: The wife concerns you expressed are valid. My wife hasn’t driven mine yet, but has said that she does not like the yoke. Everything else about the vehicle, she loves. Very comfortable, fast, and quiet with the latest technologies. Cheers.

When my car was on transport, they actually told me where my car was on the highway and city it was currently in. My SA was able to predict that the car would arrive after closing and that I would need to push my delivery time back a few hours the next day so they could inspect and detail the car. In case I forgot to say it before, the car is absolutely amazing.
Same experience with both purchases. You just have to get someone who is willing to tell you. I will admit, I did run into an SA that "did not have access" (saw her computer), but her colleague pulled it right up. No clue if she was new or if there is a certain level of access some need. But it can be done.

Reactions: SoCalDude
Picked up my inventory model s today. For those who didn’t see my earlier messages, this model s was damaged in transport and then tesla fixed it and put it up for sale. I’m leasing so I didn’t care about the damages as long as they were fixed. As of right now I haven’t seen the car in daylight however from what I can see it’s almost flawless. The only thing is when I’m at low speeds I hear this little rattle or tapping from I think the fan (idk for sure) near the front. Otherwise, this car is a whole new level. I have a 2017mx and everything about this car is better. The yoke is amazing, thought it would be problematic but nope. Lmk if u wanna know anything. Also did you guys get key fobs with your cars? I only got 2 key cards and set up the phone keys. I might call and ask for fobs if you guys got them.
btw this is an MF430. Took a while for tesla to repair it I guess.
Congrats! Post pics when you get a chance.

Reactions: Woodchuck
I believe that you can get top Dollar right now for the Raven. You will be giving up round steering wheel and stalks, but be gaining so much more Including door bins. :cool: The wife concerns you expressed are valid. My wife hasn’t driven mine yet, but has said that she does not like the yoke. Everything else about the vehicle, she loves. Very comfortable, fast, and quiet with the latest technologies. Cheers.
Thanks Dude - I agree that now is a good time to sell the Raven since they are scarce AND that my wife’s concerns are valid - as ALWAYS! ;-) I am hoping the the comfort and quiet are enough of a step up for us vs the Raven which was a huge step from our 2014 S85. Wish noise cancellation was working so we could really compare the two.

Thanks Dude - I agree that now is a good time to sell the Raven since they are scarce AND that my wife’s concerns are valid - as ALWAYS! ;-) I am hoping the the comfort and quiet are enough of a step up for us vs the Raven which was a huge step from our 2014 S85. Wish noise cancellation was working so we could really compare the two.
Right there with you. Have been enjoying 2020 Raven for last couple years and also really hoping it will be enough of a step up moving to the refresh. Most of the comparisons I've seen have been against pre-raven model S which are definitely night/day different in terms of quality and perf. Remember taking mine in for service several months ago and the loaner they provided was 2015 model S. Was so happy to get my Raven back.

Page 700! Elon where’s my car, or is it that blue one missing parts in the flyovers?
So are MSMs. I know there are people here who ordered before me and waiting. Socaldude has taken delivery of MSM and it was ordered in Jan 2021. About time they start delivery of MSMs.

I found out that I needed to call them. Its in the email they send you to call and finalize. Once that occurred, I had the check 2 days later.
Thanks! I called them this morning, and they promptly sent me a scan of the check and the tracking number. 🎉
I'd slated for home delivery this afternoon. Hopefully things go smooth. 🤞
Huge thanks to this community for all the useful information during the ~6 month wait. :)

Alas, my profile is complete. I've spoken to my SA, DA, 800-number, and the local store. All say my account is prepped and ready to receive a car. They all say an EDD is up to Fremont and there's nothing to do.
I did get a slightly different story from my Delivery Agent who told me EDDs are only assigned after I'm matched to a VIN... Oh, Tesla.
I can see why these varied responses and the continued lack of an EDD are so frustrating. I hope it resolves in your favor soon. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: Waldokind
I received a text to schedule my delivery which is now scheduled for 12/4. For the folks that keep seeing their dates change, stay patient as it will eventually happen. I also ordered my car before the price increase, and now I am 10 days from my pick up date.

Now to decide on PPF, tints, and ceramic etc...

Longest days of your life coming up, then you drive it, then the wait for ceramic to get complete is just torturous.

well my delivery window starts tomorrow but still no VIN! I guess we will see what happens. Its like 50/50 for a slight push with a narrowing of the window vs. a massive push out to like March/April.
ZACTLY. Not seeing much of anything with the blues, so that actually gives me some hope that we're due.
The only blues i've seen of late have had MF VINs so that tells me stuff that was produced but on hold, etc.
Fingers crossed we get both VINs and narrowing, or narrowing and VINS.
I don't even know if even a massive push out is good, like a placeholder and then a VIN gets assigned and the dates come back.
But the silence? THAT is deafening!

MODEL S RN1151 DEPOSIT/PROFILE 23JUN WHITE EXT BLACK INT 19” NO FSD NO TOW EDD: 30NOV-5DEC VIN NF459
The updated information was received a few hours ago. I have yet to be contacted by a human being. I will get a cashier's check today.
Is there a way of tracking the car's current location using the VIN? The app does not help.
I wonder what “no tow” means above? Is that related to transport of does it mean no factory fitted hitch?

I picked up my MSLR Blue|Black|19 this morning in Peabody MA. The delivery process wasn't as smooth as I fantasied it would be. I actually had to talk to a person, but they were helpful and walked through the car with me. Overall fit and finish looked great, except 2 things. One, somehow I got the summer tires. I had emailed them after I got my VIN and they assured me I would have all season. When I brought it to their attention, they seemed puzzled why I would bring it up, but thankfully I had the email. So I'll need to go back in the next few days to have them swapped out.

Second, one of the doors didn't look great to me. I guess I closed it not hard enough and it didn't close all the way. Both doors on the passenger side do it. If I close them with a little force (nothing excessive) they fit ok. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_9651.jpg
    IMG_9651.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9652.jpg
    IMG_9652.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 56
I picked up my MSLR Blue|Black|19 this morning in Peabody MA. The delivery process wasn't as smooth as I fantasied it would be. I actually had to talk to a person, but they were helpful and walked through the car with me. Overall fit and finish looked great, except 2 things. One, somehow I got the summer tires. I had emailed them after I got my VIN and they assured me I would have all season. When I brought it to their attention, they seemed puzzled why I would bring it up, but thankfully I had the email. So I'll need to go back in the next few days to have them swapped out.

Second, one of the doors didn't look great to me. I guess I closed it not hard enough and it didn't close all the way. Both doors on the passenger side do it. If I close them with a little force (nothing excessive) they fit ok. Is this normal?
glad to hear they are swapping it out without giving you much problem. Please update us if they let you keep the summer tires (I think someone else got to, and I wouldn't mind a free set of summer tires).

As for the doors, we've seen a ton of reports of the doors needing excessive force to close. I think it might have something to do with sound deadening measures they took? Im not sure I've actually seen anyone have it fixed but i do think its been reported to get better over time/after you break the seals in kind of.

glad to hear they are swapping it out without giving you much problem. Please update us if they let you keep the summer tires (I think someone else got to, and I wouldn't mind a free set of summer tires).

As for the doors, we've seen a ton of reports of the doors needing excessive force to close. I think it might have something to do with sound deadening measures they took? Im not sure I've actually seen anyone have it fixed but i do think its been reported to get better over time/after you break the seals in kind of.
Yes, I got the summers swapped for AS (also had it in writing from SA prior to delivery) and they let me keep the summers.

I also had the door closing issue stated by @donandersonjr and the closing force required has diminished over time. I was told the condition was “in spec”.

Yes, I got the summers swapped for AS (also had it in writing from SA prior to delivery) and they let me keep the summers.

I also had the door closing issue stated by @donandersonjr and the closing force required has diminished over time. I was told the condition was “in spec”.
good good because I have it in writing (well its a text message, thats the only form of communication i ever had with my SA) from my SA that I will have AS tires as well. Definitely dont want to pay for them and they are a must in Chicago.

The fit, sadly, is normal. It looks way off, comparing the top and bottom of the gaps. But it is normal. It was how my Raven S was and it is how my refreshed LR is as well. Looks awful at the trim pieces with the large gap.

Like others, the force to close doors with soften with time and usage. Do not be surprised if the doors loosen up at varying rates - say your driver door is sooner than the rear driver if you do not have passengers getting in and out of the rear seats often.

getting to keep the summers is a home run! will you switch in the summer to get better performance and/or prolong the all seasons? that would likely be my play. i hope i get that win you just described!