Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my inventory model s today. For those who didn’t see my earlier messages, this model s was damaged in transport and then tesla fixed it and put it up for sale. I’m leasing so I didn’t care about the damages as long as they were fixed. As of right now I haven’t seen the car in daylight however from what I can see it’s almost flawless. The only thing is when I’m at low speeds I hear this little rattle or tapping from I think the fan (idk for sure) near the front. Otherwise, this car is a whole new level. I have a 2017mx and everything about this car is better. The yoke is amazing, thought it would be problematic but nope. Lmk if u wanna know anything. Also did you guys get key fobs with your cars? I only got 2 key cards and set up the phone keys. I might call and ask for fobs if you guys got them.
btw this is an MF430. Took a while for tesla to repair it I guess.

When did you get your loan approved (by signing the DocuSign documents)? Did you receive the scan on the same or next day?
I signed the loan documents on Saturday, and still haven't received a scan of the check on Monday. Hopefully tomorrow they send it out.
Right, signed docuSign on Saturday, Monday got email with check image + tracking number, Tuesday morning I had check ready to go to Tesla just in time to....keep on waiting. At least DCU was fast! And yep, they seem to be able to ping the location with the VIN. I'm just glad I have a VIN in hand with all the pushback everyone seems to be experiencing on their EDD's lately.

Reactions: Jet007
MODEL S RN1151 DEPOSIT/PROFILE 23JUN WHITE EXT BLACK INT 19” NO FSD NO TOW EDD: 30NOV-5DEC VIN NF459
The updated information was received a few hours ago. I have yet to be contacted by a human being. I will get a cashier's check today.
Is there a way of tracking the car's current location using the VIN? The app does not help.

Last edited:
MODEL S RN1151 DEPOSIT/PROFILE 23JUN WHITE EXT BLACK INT 19” NO FSD NO TOW EDD: 30NOV-5DEC VIN NF459
The updated information was received a few hours ago. I have yet to be contacted by a human being. I will get a cashier's check today.
Is there a way of tracking the car's current location using the VIN? The app does not help.
Only your SA can track the car's location for you.

Picked up my inventory model s today. For those who didn’t see my earlier messages, this model s was damaged in transport and then tesla fixed it and put it up for sale. I’m leasing so I didn’t care about the damages as long as they were fixed. As of right now I haven’t seen the car in daylight however from what I can see it’s almost flawless. The only thing is when I’m at low speeds I hear this little rattle or tapping from I think the fan (idk for sure) near the front. Otherwise, this car is a whole new level. I have a 2017mx and everything about this car is better. The yoke is amazing, thought it would be problematic but nope. Lmk if u wanna know anything. Also did you guys get key fobs with your cars? I only got 2 key cards and set up the phone keys. I might call and ask for fobs if you guys got them.
We received 2 cards and 2 fobs.

No, you cannot track the car's location. The SAs can see: 1. when it leaves Fremont. 2. when it arrives at a rail hub (Chicago, for example), 3 when it arrives at a SC. That's it for tracking, and the SA has to do it for you.

Last edited:
No, you cannot track the car's location. The SAs can see: 1. when it leaves Fremont. 2. when it arrives at a rail hub (Chicago, for example), 3 when it arrives at a SC. That's it for tracking, and the SA has to do it for you.
They can ping your car while in transit. If your SA doesn't want to, call the main line. Choose new car delivery. Ask them to see if they can see where the car is right now. A few minutes later they told me where it was exactly.

You should have gotten fobs. They only gave me the key cards at first, I had to ask for my fobs.

Reactions: Woodchuck and Pdubs
Slight slip out today for my order (RN11513). Went from 11/29-12/31 to 12/14-12/31. No VIN. However, that is the narrowest window of EDD I have had since ordering back in June. With no VIN however, its still not anything to take too seriously. With the holidays coming up in that same window its going to make all the normal family and friends arrangements normally coming in those weeks a bit more interesting. Since its a 4-5 hr drive each way to get this car when it does happen, its such a pain to arrange.

When did you get your loan approved (by signing the DocuSign documents)? Did you receive the scan on the same or next day?
I signed the loan documents on Saturday, and still haven't received a scan of the check on Monday. Hopefully tomorrow they send it out.
I found out that I needed to call them. Its in the email they send you to call and finalize. Once that occurred, I had the check 2 days later.

I called the delivery number yesterday to ask about when I could expect our car given that we have had no EDD for months. The agent indicated that everything was entered correctly but would send a message (maybe to the monkey) to see if they could get me an EDD.

Well this morning I woke up to no EDD but a VIN! It is a MF vin - MF4557xx so a 2021. White, black, 19” no FSD RN 11503 ordered end of May, Utah delivery.

Now comes the big decision for my wife and I. Do we keep the new car and sell our 2019 MS Raven with 68K miles, FSD, round steering wheel and stalks or keep the existing car that has been great for us? First world problems but I worry that my wife won’t love the new driving experience but we will see.

Slight slip out today for my order (RN11513). Went from 11/29-12/31 to 12/14-12/31. No VIN. However, that is the narrowest window of EDD I have had since ordering back in June. With no VIN however, its still not anything to take too seriously. With the holidays coming up in that same window its going to make all the normal family and friends arrangements normally coming in those weeks a bit more interesting. Since its a 4-5 hr drive each way to get this car when it does happen, its such a pain to arrange.
Same happened to me. Initially slipped from 11/23-12/7 to 12/11-12/25, then last Friday I received the email for a delivery window between 12/9-12/13! Here’s hoping you get yours scheduled soon.

With a VIN, they are able to ping and geolocate the car. Yes, they can do it. Even if they tell you they cannot.
When my car was on transport, they actually told me where my car was on the highway and city it was currently in. My SA was able to predict that the car would arrive after closing and that I would need to push my delivery time back a few hours the next day so they could inspect and detail the car. In case I forgot to say it before, the car is absolutely amazing.