Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD floats as well and is Dec, 10th to Dec, 24th. I'm ready to accept delivery when (and if) invited however I have 2 concerns.

1. I never test drove the car. Dealers have no cars for test drive. I do drive 2014 Tesla S now and I'm familiar with the brand, however I'm expecting better ride in MS LR being newer improved model. I'm also thinking of jumping the ship going to Mercedes EQS that is available now and I test drove one already. I feel that it is inappropriate for Tesla to expect me to shell $100K+ for a car that I never test drove. What are your thoughts on that.
2. I see hundreds of used Tesla Plaid and Tesla LR for sale on cars.com. The ones that have only few hundred miles I understand are speculators. However I see many cars for sale that have 5K to 15K miles on them. This group of sellers looks like they tried the car for few months and are selling because they are not happy with it. Any comments on that?
They are most likely selling because they can make a profit if they paid the pre price hike price and because even without that buyers will pay more if they can get it quickly. I think that’s more likely than someone not being happy with the car.

Was preparing for my whirlwind delivery on Monday when my bank reopened, but then I spoke to a Tesla rep this morning and he confirmed all they need is the Dealer Funding Request guaranteeing payment, which I had, so pick-up was rescheduled for tomorrow, Sunday. 😀 And then... 😟
Got a call about 3PM today from the dealer to say they were prepping my car and discovered the trunk/hatchback isn't closing correctly. They asked for a couple more days to fix it.
I'm not really upset. Most of all, I want a perfect car and if 2 days will do that, it's worth it. Moreover, this solidifies for me the car is factory fresh without any secret rejection backstory.

Although...the odometer disclosure says 15 miles. Is that typical of the other cars people have been getting?
Yes believe 15 is typically noted. Mine came in with a few less.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Your car looks awesome @Louiedog! Can you give the details of the detailing (so to speak)? Is that ceramic only (no PPF)? Which ceramic coating? How many applications? Did you do windows? Headlights? Cost? Did you have them do “paint correction” or leveling first? Whatever your derailing shop did it looks great. Well done!
I had this ceramic coating applied. Opti Coat
It’s 4 total layers. Took 2 days. He Coated all surfaces including the wheel caps. Not the windows. He also did a full paint cleaning treatment (buffing, etc) to remove surface iron deposits before coating. Made the white really pop. $3k total.

Awesome! I’m curious, how long from obtaining a VIN to being able to schedule delivery?
My VIN arrived on Saturday 12/5. Later that day I called the area SA (where I plan to pick it up) to ask about current location and scheduling. He said that my vehicle was still in Fremont, CA waiting to be loaded on a transport vehicle. He said planned arrival shows Dec 16. He said they would contact me to schedule my pickup appointment when it was close to arrival.

Before that call I was thinking that it might already be sitting in Chicago.

I sure will be glad when all you RN1147, 48, 49, 50, 51, and 52 people get your cars so that we RN1153s can start getting ours! :)
I laugh . . . RN1143 here, a December 2020 order, and now in Tesla's everlasting EDD shifting game.

Was Nov, then March of next year, then later this month--as in next week through end of the year. Now it's back to Jan 15th to Feb 12th of next year, as of this morning.

Perhaps the curse of MC Red with an Ultra White interior?

Surely there must be more than one supplier for cruelty-free, vegan, white interiors? How about if Tesla finds them and places some orders as a friggin' year is long enough to wait.

Elon: could you please start expanding your suppliers list?

Thanks!

Have now had my S LR for a week. Fantastic car but I miss a few things I had on my 2015 S 70 D. No longer a power consumption trend and no trip estimated power consumption. The 15 Autopilot had auto lane change with blinker 21 not. Also had summons for pulling out of tight spots and parking 21 not. The increased acceleration and range definitely replace the lost of function from the 15. Only delivery issues I could find was missing bootleg trunk cover and some minor scuffs on the rear blinker lenses. Also after of a week of the key flob working then not working then working the not I found the 2330 battery weak/dead.
Is there anyway to change the battery % display to the actual remaining mileage? I am having the same issue

I assume the power and trip things will come back in software updates. I'm hoping they offer up "enhanced autopilot" again, since that would get me 90% of what I'd want (like summon and auto lane change to my knowledge). This will be my first Tesla though, so I have nothing to compare it to!
I hate that too. I had a M3 that came with enhanced autopilot and assumed the m3 would too. I hit the button and it wont even turn on autopilot for me. I am going to buy the $199 FSD because i need to autopilot for work on the highway every day

RN 1150, also got pushed back this morning from 12/11-12/31 EDD to 1/13-2/10. Hopefully it's part of the "pushback before a tightening of dates and a VIN" but I don't have much faith in the process anymore.

It's a little disheartening to see later orders get fulfilled first but I know a lot of you waited longer so I'll shut up and wait my turn.
Mine was similar this morning. 12/12-12/31 EDD to 1/7-2/4. Every time I get close, it is pushed back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-082738_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-082738_Tesla.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 75
Have now had my S LR for a week. Fantastic car but I miss a few things I had on my 2015 S 70 D. No longer a power consumption trend and no trip estimated power consumption. The 15 Autopilot had auto lane change with blinker 21 not. Also had summons for pulling out of tight spots and parking 21 not. The increased acceleration and range definitely replace the lost of function from the 15. Only delivery issues I could find was missing bootleg trunk cover and some minor scuffs on the rear blinker lenses. Also after of a week of the key flob working then not working then working the not I found the 2330 battery weak/dead.
That sounds like your old car had the optional enhanced autopilot. The base autopilot didn't do those things. All the enhanced autopilot features have been rolled into the FSD package now.

Ordered April 2, 2021 with Chicago Delivery Center as pick up location. The following delivery date changes... I thought I was solid for December up until 8:00 AM CST with the date push. Ugh!

August
Nov 10 - 30
Nov 5 - 25
Oct 29 - Nov 18
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 5 - 25
Nov 7 - 27
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 20 - Dec 10
Oct 31 - Nov 20
Nov 17 - Dec 7
Dec 5 - 31
Today: Jan 13- Feb 10 (Dead of Old Man Winter in Wisconsin)

Ordered April 2, 2021 with Chicago Delivery Center as pick up location. The following delivery date changes... I thought I was solid for December up until 8:00 AM CST with the date push. Ugh!

August
Nov 10 - 30
Nov 5 - 25
Oct 29 - Nov 18
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 5 - 25
Nov 7 - 27
Nov 4 - 24
Nov 20 - Dec 10
Oct 31 - Nov 20
Nov 17 - Dec 7
Dec 5 - 31
Today: Jan 13- Feb 10 (Dead of Old Man Winter in Wisconsin)
Right there with ya in Minnesota... Let's hope we get all seasons lol.